Eddie Van Halen Lesson, my take
browq
Apr 10 2009, 03:31 PM
GMC:er
Hy muris

This is my take on your awesome lesson. My vibrato isn't strong enough yet so i know i have to practive that some more. And i din't do the bend on the 22th fret cause i already broke 2 sets of string doing that so i thought i'd skip it for now biggrin.gif . Apart from that, i think it's pretty decent. i would appreciate any feedback you can give me

Attached File  evh.mp3 ( 1.39MB ) Number of downloads: 678

kind regards

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 10 2009, 05:05 PM
pretty cool, Something up with the tone, it could use a little reverb! Also, work on the vibrato a bit. <--- You knew that, sorry for mentioning. The tapping sound's cool:D One string might be out of tune on the D chord, might be the E or B. Also some inaccurate bends. But for the rest sounds really good. And remember, it's only constructive, not personal. I like this lesson too, you do it better than me with the tapping.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 10 2009, 07:18 PM
Learning Roadie
Jesse this has been mentioned in another post, please let the instructor answer first on his/her own board, then you can jump in.

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 10 2009, 09:31 PM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Apr 10 2009, 01:18 PM) *
Jesse this has been mentioned in another post, please let the instructor answer first on his/her own board, then you can jump in.

I think mostly this happens because it is not real obvious that this is not in the common domain, unless one looks at the fine print, I did not realize it until I saw that you mentioned it. I expect it was the same with jesse. Maybe they should do something different, like make some color or something that kicks people in the face.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 11 2009, 12:00 AM
Instructor
Sorry to hear about all those strings, perhaps
saddle on bridge is too sharp??

Nice take tho,there was some timing lacking,
specially at beginning and slower parts,
tapping was pretty nice and legato run too.
Play early beginning few times,
make it sound more powerful and "on the beat",
there is some room for improvement regarding vibrato just as you said,
and yeah, tune your guitar a bit. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Artemus
Apr 11 2009, 02:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Sounds great. You pulled off those tapping harmonics nicely smile.gif
I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said. I totally agree with adding a bit of reverb

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
browq
Apr 11 2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks muris for the feedback

I can hear now that the rhytem section in the beginning has to be tighter to the backing track

also, i found out that my b string has a bad intonation. That might be the reason why the d chord at the beginning din't sound good. Also could be the reason why some of my bends are out of tune. I fixed it now

I addit some reverb to my tone and i think i sounds a lot better now. Also i noticed that i was doing my vibrato with my index, middle and ring finger on the string. this works great when bending but i found out that if i only use my middle and index do to vibrato and use the index finger for support (i think that's the way you do it), it sounds a lot clearer and ofcourse use the wrist while i'm doing vibrate. I'll post a second take in a coulple of days.

To jesse

I never take constructive criticism personally. I apreciate you taking time to give me feedback. And yes, thanks to you i found out that my b string had bad intonation so i'm gonna fix that now. thanks for the reply!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 11 2009, 07:09 PM
Instructor
Looking forward to new take then! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 12 2009, 08:57 AM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Apr 10 2009, 08:18 PM) *

O. Yeah, what Fkalich said, I didn't really notice:D I thought it was like uploading section or something, sorry Muris/Bondy. Won't happen again.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:37 AM