"whole Lotta Love" Chorus Riff Effect (led Zeppelin), Anybody knows how tp play the "zoooom" effect
Rimera
Oct 7 2007, 01:10 AM
GMC:er
Hi there!

Is there anybody who knows how Jimmy creates the "zoooooom" sound when the chorus is finished???
".... Whole Lotta Love..." ZOOOOOOOOM
It starts in the 9th fret down to zero on the D-string, but which effect is it?

I have a Fender Hot Rod De Ville amp and an IBANEZ Paula copy, BOSS DS-1 distortion, OD-3 overdrive (not connected since I have the tube amp!), Marshall SV-1 Chorus.

Thank you for any help from Dortmund/Germany.

Rimera

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
-------
Fender Hot Rod De Ville amp, IBANEZ Paula copy, BOSS DS-1 distortion, OD-3 overdrive (not connected since I have the tube amp!), Marshall SV-1 Chorus.

Greetings from Dortmund / Germany

Rimera
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 7 2007, 01:28 AM
Learning Tone Master
I think it's a double string slide(slide from 11-7 on both d and g string)while using a wahwah pedal.
---------
---------
-11\7---
-11\7---
---------
---------

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Rimera
Oct 7 2007, 04:58 AM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Oct 7 2007, 02:28 AM) *
I think it's a double string slide(slide from 11-7 on both d and g string)while using a wahwah pedal.
---------
---------
-11\7---
-11\7---
---------
---------

Thank you - I will try it and .... wait for the wah wah pedal!

--------------------

Gear:
-------
Fender Hot Rod De Ville amp, IBANEZ Paula copy, BOSS DS-1 distortion, OD-3 overdrive (not connected since I have the tube amp!), Marshall SV-1 Chorus.

Rimera

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 7 2007, 07:04 AM
Instructor
If I recall correct,there are also tricks like using delay and scratching on lower strings.
Plus as Zakk said,slides with volume pot and wah...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Rimera
Oct 12 2007, 06:43 PM
Thank you - I will try and experiment with this hints... I think everybody (and me!) must make his own experiences and... it must not sound 1:1, it must sound cool.... and with this hints it does!

--------------------

Gear:
-------

Rimera

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Oct 12 2007, 10:05 PM
When I'm trying to figure out how a player does something, I try to find video of him/her playing it. (except for guys like Vai and Buckethead where even watching them doesn't really help)

I did some digging around on Youtube this morning and actually couldn't find a clip of Page playing that part. In every video I've found so far, he just keeps chugging on the main rhythm riff.

I know this doesn't really answer the question, but I thought it was interesting that Page doesn't play it either.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:07 AM