Effective Practice
PosterBoy
Apr 20 2017, 08:02 AM
Learning Roadie
Here's a good bedtime read for everyone on effective practice, just substitute the work banjo with guitar!!!!https://clawhammerbanjo.net/the-immutable-l...ctive-practice/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2017, 03:39 PM
Instructor
Bookmarked! Thanks!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 21 2017, 06:29 AM
GMC:er
The biggest thing I've done to improve my practice was a simple..but hard as hell task.
Basically whenever I want to practice I have to make sure there is no access to a PC or Internet. I kiddo not, I will get sidetracked.
Oh let me just check this "X guitar video"........3 hours later... Rip Practice.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 21 2017, 06:56 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Apr 21 2017, 06:29 AM) *
The biggest thing I've done to improve my practice was a simple..but hard as hell task.
Basically whenever I want to practice I have to make sure there is no access to a PC or Internet. I kiddo not, I will get sidetracked.
Oh let me just check this "X guitar video"........3 hours later... Rip Practice.

Yeah, that catches me out too sometimes, one link leads to another, to another etc etc so I have to be really strong because I use my PC to practice along with GP5 or in Reaper with the backing, I just have to tell myself, "You can look at that stuff later on, on the tablet when you are downstairs" My practice room is my man cave upstairs.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 21 2017, 04:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
that was a really good read. very interesting, thanks for posting it PB.
I liked the part about visualisation, never really entertained that sort of thing before, feels like hippy voodoo rolleyes.gif but I like the way its explained in that article, makes much more sense to me now, I can see the value in it.
The goal of practice is not to get better right then and there. The goal is to signal the brain that we want it to change, and provide it the inputs it needs to do so effectively.

^^ I need to remember this for the sake of my sanity smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:57 PM