Ibanez Vbt700
The Uncreator
Aug 8 2007, 12:10 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Wiki link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Nov 17 2008, 06:46 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
ZakkWylde
Aug 8 2007, 12:30 AM
Learning Tone Master
nice review dude,
guitar would be perfect with a floyd rose.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Aug 8 2007, 12:47 AM
GMC:er
Good review. Stupid question, but do you actually own it?

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 8 2007, 01:31 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention!

This review actually wasnt written by me, my friend just bought this and i suggested he write a review for the guys and gals at GMC, Sorry about that!

The only part i wrote was the:
"Now, i LOVE LOVE LOVE My Washburn V, but this guitar just feels excellent, sounds excellent, and surpasses most instruments in any price range!"

Hes my bandmate, he doesnt have an account at GMC, so i logged on at his house, and let him write it up, i just got home now, so sorry i couldnt clear things up!

By the way, the review is 100% true, its a superb weapon by any means, ive played it for a few hours today already and its great!

*EDIT*
Fixed the review so its more clear smile.gif

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Aug 8 2007, 01:42 AM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 8 2007, 03:56 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 7 2007, 08:31 PM) *
Hes my bandmate, he doesnt have an account at GMC

Why the heck not??? He can't be very serious about guitar then biggrin.gif

P.S. Fixed the title for you

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 8 2007, 08:01 AM
Instructor
Get your bandmate to GMC! biggrin.gif Nice review! I thought Ibanez doen't make Flying V's anymore!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 8 2007, 02:59 PM
Well to be honest, his mom (who controls all the money) doesnt buy anything online, she hates paypal or anything like it, just doesnt trust it, Plus, he gets lessons from his dad for free, and he is one sick ass guitar player, Between him and his dad actually, they have like 8 Ibanez's biggrin.gif

Is the forum free to join, or do you still have to have a GMC Account?

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 8 2007, 03:01 PM
Instructor
You must have an account to register on forum!!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 8 2007, 03:06 PM
Maybe i could convince him, i know he watches all the videos on here all the time, and actually figured a few out by ear.

Actually, i should get his dad to join, and get him to recview all there Ibanez's smile.gif hell, he should be doing lessons on GMC.

+Quote Post
atomix1337
Aug 9 2007, 09:29 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 8 2007, 12:10 AM) *
*EDIT* - Can andrew or someone add VBT700 To the topic title, i forgot it smile.gif

NOTE: This review is not written by me (The Uncreator), it is written by Andre Williams, a friend of mine, this is his take on this guitar, which i actually quite agree with smile.gif, seeing as alot of people are looking at Ibanez's for new guitars, i thought he should review this for GMC!! Hope you enjoy smile.gif

Brand: Ibanez
Weapon: VBT700 V Blade
Price: $599
Specs:

--V shaped mahogany body
--Thru-body 5-piece Wizard II neck
--Bound rosewood fingerboard
--24 jumbo frets
--2 DiMarzio D Activator pickups
--Custom Gibraltar bridge
--String-thru body
--Sharktooth inlays

Sound: 8 Wow! another fine Ibanez product we have here! a pure powerhouse for any metalhead, its Dimarzio pickups give a great metal sound, excellent for anything from Blind Guardian, Angra, Joe Satriani, to Nile, Arch Enemy and Opeth, its a monsterous tone in a beautiful package. Playing through a Crate GT Series Soild State Amps, the sound this thing produced was superb. It lacked somewhat on getting a classic rock or bluesy sound, but it can still be done.

Feel: 10 The most comfortable guitars for me to play are Flying V's, lightweight and they sit beautifully across my left leg. (Similar to how Pavel plays his JEM In his videos). And the 5 Piece Wizard II neck its very smooth and provides access to all 24 Jumbo Frets nicely, i felt no restriction playing this beast for the first time, and i still don't smile.gif The bridge is excellent as well, my palm rests well on it, so i can switch from super fast palm muting riffage to slower melodies without really having to adjust my pciking hand at all. Its also makes me feel that i have twice the endurance!

Cons:
--Lacks somewhat on getting Bluesy and Classic Rock Rones. Definetly a Metalheads Weapon.

Overall: 9.5 Excellent Weapon! Ibanez's new Flying V Just sets new standards in affordable guitars, as they always do! Its an affordable weapon aimed the Metalhead in mind, so if you want a great guitar for some serious riffage, this is your weapon right here!*Now, i LOVE LOVE LOVE My Washburn V, but this guitar just feels excellent, sounds excellent, and surpasses most instruments in any price range!

*My, (The Uncreator's) Personal Oppinion

I couldnt get any of my pictures to work for some reason, it says invalid link or something, anyway, here is a link to a picture of it, The White looks Beautiful!

http://www.samash.com/catalog/imagepop.asp...=lg_IVBT700.jpg

YEAH

VBT For the win, nice to see someone review something i have, and you couldn't have said it better, i've got the black one..... look!

<-----

--------------------
Gear: Ibanez VBT700BK, Ibanez RG270 Custom Painted (JB/Jazz pups), Strat Knockoff, Marshall V8080, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss MT-2, Boss CH-1 Chorus, Korg AX1G MultiFX.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 9 2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah i was playing it earlier today at my friends house (again), to me its the RG of flying V's in the sense that it plays so incrediby great!

+Quote Post
fire
Aug 10 2007, 06:53 PM
quite informative, good job

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Oct 24 2007, 03:47 AM
this is one kickass v by one kickass company
but no ibanez edge pro on it? =[

+Quote Post
Davidian
Dec 18 2007, 09:30 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Let's add some pics to this great review! biggrin.gif

*EDIT*: Pics seem to be rather small... But I have no idea how to resize them...
I'll try to do it tomorrow. Don't have much time anymore today.

This post has been edited by Davidian: Dec 18 2007, 09:31 PM

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 18 2007, 09:34 PM
Instructor
Very nice review mate! I love the V-shape smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:08 AM