14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
Gmc United Video Collaboration, Instructor/students Video Collaboration
Ricky9
Mar 17 2014, 04:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
So excited, can't wait to hear this masterpiece.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 18 2014, 08:52 AM
Instructor
It's coming along alright wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 19 2014, 01:48 PM
Instructor
closer and closer to the final biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2014, 10:54 AM
Instructor
And the moment we've all been waiting for is here!! Theeeeee finaaaaaal mix!! biggrin.gif

Big thanks to all of you guys for being a part of this and to the awesome team I am a part of and who worked their guts off to make things happen - Gabi, Darius and Bogdan!

As usual, here are our comments:

Cosmin

Mroberts: Hey Mark! Great to see you on this one, man! You had nice note choice and good direction! Keep rocking!

WRK: I love the preciseness of this take man. You are playing with a lot of confidence, great articulation and intention and that's a major plus for me!

Ricky9: A minimalistic approach that fits the track very well and complements wrk's take in a great way. Great going guys biggrin.gif

WeePee: Mr. Ville and his spiders biggrin.gif Pretty straightforward, as a metalhead should be - Melodic and exact are the words that go well with your take, man!

Ulrik and Taka Perry: This is an awesome combo! Ulrik's Japanese flavored licks which I am so thrilled about biggrin.gif in a nice dialogue with Taka. I think Darius was very inspired to make this combination - don't you guys think so too?

TonyK: I like the long smooth notes you used man - it's a far better take than the one you first submitted and I am glad you went all the way and participated in the collab with an improved take! Thank you!

SpaseMoonkey & Nava: Yet another cool dialogue - great complementary note choice and phrases smile.gif No wonder Darius matched the takes!

Sensible Jones: That little lick around 02:26 was a fine variation of the one before it and the tapping ending goes well with the take. Neil, you did a pretty fine job here, man!

Jim Seekford: A nice solo, big as a kid's smile with strong notes and nice articulation smile.gif Glad you made it Mr. Seekford!

Procyon: You have a very energetic take man! A bit crowded in places but overall the energy you put in makes things sound very nice!

liveOASISforever: You and Gabi as a team! biggrin.gif The ideas are very nice man, but as we discussed, you should keep focused on timing to grow as a musician and shine brighter and brighter in the following collabs as well!

Gregc1: Great tapped bends/vibrato here and awesome direction in phrasing! Kudos, Sir! Nothing else to add wink.gif

Huargo: One of the nicest takes we have here in this collab! VERY inspired, articulated and well executed playing! Congratulations!

DeGroot: Finally, a wah wah take! wink.gif Nice melodies and great playing. I also enjoyed the tapping lick as it flows so well within the take!

Jtscrsn: Hey partner biggrin.gif It seems we ended up together, eh? I have to say that the note choice you had is great but you should work a bit more on the execution to make the phrase stand out better wink.gif

Beat Zbinden: Always a bright shiny tone and well rounded playing! I especially liked the ending theme just before SlowFingaX's take!

SlowFingaX: So, you had a guest appearance in your take at the end, eh man? biggrin.gif Thank you for bringing in your nice melodies on this collab!

Mertay: Wow! What a punch in the face! The blistering playing just melted my face! You're a very technical player man, I have to say, but don't forget to bring in a little melody next time as well wink.gif

Darius

Mroberts70 - Due to some technical issues I had to use Your mono track but I hope You enjoy the solution I found for it smile.gif It was a nice solo and I couldn't let it go wasted smile.gif

Wrk - very tasty playing. Love Your articulation and strong right hand playing man!

Ricky9 - good phrasing and taste. Perfect fit for the song introduction. This could easily be a decent vocal line as well. Well done smile.gif

WeePee - I know You're a metal fan but You handle less heavy genres very well too smile.gif Thank You for participating. Your add brings something very cool to this collaboration. Tip - watch out for those Gilbert's semi alternate picking speed runs - those could be slightly more precise. Nice tone BTW!

Ulrik - ha ha ha! Man that was definitely something new smile.gif Though You tried to make a dialogue with yourself, I thought You will sound great having conversation with Taka smile.gif

Taka - Great idea to keep thing simple and melodic. That's the most important thing before adding any licks and trick. Your line could easily work well with any other part of instruments smile.gif

Tonyk - huge progress since the poor puppy collab. All - concept, execution and tone are improved a lot. I'm happy to see You making the progress. You have focused to keep the solo have sense as a one solid piece, not just a pack of random notes. We spoke about a few tips to make it more fluent and it was only detail to polish Your concept. Very good job. Our next step would be to work on Your playing strength, so You could pull out more juice of that cool crunchy distortion.

Spasemoonkey - What I like in Your take is that it has order and focus on what exactly You would like to play. You had pretty nice take for the previous collab as well but this time is more tight and wisely arranged smile.gif Good job!

Nava - Welcome to our good friend and a REC-star smile.gif Very happy to have You on the participants list. You haven't been there for quite some time and it was a shame because You always brought a piece of good playing. You compensate ti with this take so we forgive You smile.gif Hope to see You on next collab! smile.gif

Sensible Jones - Seems like Your pc gear issues are gone. Hope it's forever. Warm and pleasant tone, good lines, smooth execution. I also noticed that You got rid of some of Your blues-rock habits just for this collab purpose. You played less, kept patience between notes changes and gave Your solo very peaceful mood. Thank You Neil smile.gif

Jim Seekford - You were step before me while writing about the reverb issue, already in the collab take premiere moment:) You know everything that's needed so I won't continue the "reverb-thing" smile.gif Refreshing melody and nice usage of "pre-notes" like the the D# to E which is indeed outside of the scale but at this particular moment it's used properly and doesn't create dissonance feel. Good job. I think We should consider some workshop for Your constant, regular tone research if it's possible of course.

Procyon - Welcome aboard man! Nice concept for a solo. You have some potential and it sounds cool for the listener. I think You could try to bring Your solos into pieces and try to make sure about all the rhythm values inside. I had a feeling of "swimming timing" and at some points a little pitch issues but you know - just some details that when fixed, will bring Your playing to another level smile.gif

LiveOasisforever - patiently and wisely play, melodic part. Good choice to make music instead of trying some stuff You feel not comfortable with. Timing needs some fix but I'm sure just a little more time spent on polishing what You already did, and things will go perfect smile.gif

Gregc1 - Always something tasty for our ears. You always had great dynamics and articulation as well as ability to arrange those 2 aspect with a good phrasing. Well done mate!

DeGroot - So You decided to make something new? This time with wah wah?. Again perfectly fits the track. Also will repeat myself but I really enjoy Your new tone. New mic purchase was a great step smile.gif

Jstcrsn - great to have You with us! Congratulations on Your first collaboration smile.gif Nice 80's tone! Cool concept for a solo but you know it need some workout in two fields - timing and tightness. It's mostly about knowing exaclty what happens in every single moment of the solo = being able to name the rhythm values etc to focus on better sync with the beats smile.gif But this is just a beginning and I know You didn't show us all You can by far wink.gif

Beat Zbinden - we spoke before so You basicaly know what I think. Very good take. I think I would be a producer of a pop-rock band playing this song, I will allow this solo to be on the album. Very melodic, musical and everything on it's place smile.gif

SlowFingaX - I'm glad You made it to join us even with some technical issues before smile.gif I like that You decided to lead a melody even if You used some dense playing at the beginning. Nice introduction to all people who follow GMC. Hope to see You in our next collaboration smile.gif

Mertay - At the beginning I though I would kick You in You very tigh place tongue.gif First of all - You almost burned out the neck biggrin.gif Second I'm not sure if You were recording at low volume or it was THAT MUCH A PURPOSE but in the background there really where some notes that restricted those are for a major mode and a few of it's variables but..I though I would do something special for You and I've changed that piece of backing biggrin.gif All best to You mate laugh.gif

Gabriel

Mroberts: I was sure that one that I was going to see you playing on tv! Hehehe. Your playing is always catchy and with very good feeling. I’m missing our Vchat jams and that Satch vibes that you get when you improvise. Thanks for your take and for opening this great collab!

WRK: Hi friend! You solo is fantastic. It has lots of phrasing techniques that makes the idea very interesting. You combine phrasing with fast legato licks, slides, double string licks, and a killer vibrato. Great job! Keep on working.

Ricky9: You definitely did a great choice of notes for your solo which is melodic and tasty. Your playing is very tight and the only thing that I would mark is that your vibrato technique could be more consistent and sometimes wider. Thanks for your take!

WeePee: Nice looking LTD! Your take sounds very good. It has a good balance between faster licks and melodies and everything is played tight, with good energy and feeling. Top level! Well done.

Ulrik: As I said in before in the thread, your take is pure happiness. Every time it starts I smile! I love the effect that you used, it sounds very oriental. I notice your playing tighter and more defined, and off course very creative. Congrats!

Taka Perry: Your solo sounds very good and interacts perfectly with Ulrik’s oriental melodies. As always both your tone and video have great quality. Thanks for joining!

TonyK: That’s what I call a melancholic solo! The way you manage bends, vibrato and dynamics give me a very deep feeling while I listen to your take. You are telling something with your phrasing, I can get it. Well done mate!

SpaseMoonkey & Nava: Hey guys! It’s great to see you playing together thanks to the magic of GMC collaborations! I can notice a connection between your playing and compositions, both fit great and that’s why I think Darius had the great idea to combine both takes. Well done guys! (and Darius!)

Sensible Jones: Your take sounds very nice Mr. Jones! Good combination of phrasing with tapping licks. The first section has a very good feeling, precise bending and warm vibrato. The tapping section sounds perfect. Good job!!

Jim Seekford: I really enjoyed your solo. I think that your solo is simple which is not a bad thing and it’s played with many expression details like slides, vibrato, bends that make it sounds very interesting. Thanks for joining!

Procyon: It’s awesome how good your solo connects with the previous one. I like your composition and technically it sounds perfect. You are a very good player! Keep on rocking.

liveOASISforever: Hey friend! It’s been great to share the solo section with you! Your playing still needs to be polished but there are some great ideas there. Keep on the hard work!

Gregc1: Hi Greg! You are an amazing player! Your solo reminds me a bit to Brian May. Your phrasing and your technique are top level. Congrats!

Huargo: Hi friend! Congrats on your playing! You have a very good alternate picking technique, very precise and the same happens with tapping. It’s a very enjoyable solo, well done!

DeGroot: The great DeGroot rocked this one! Your playing is top level! Just by listening to your vibrato technique we can say that this is a killer guitarist. And let me say I love what happens starting from the tapping to the end. Congrats and thanks!

Jtscrsn: Hi friend! There are some good ideas there that I think that need to be polished yet, but combined with Cosmin playing the results is cool. Thanks for joining!

Beat Zbinden: Every time I edit one of your videos I say, that’s a great place to practice! Your solo sounds good, it’s very well played and interact great with SlowfingaX take. Thanks!

SlowFingaX: Hi mate! Great to see you on this collab! Your solo is simple but effective. Good selection of notes and very tight playing did the trick. Well done!

Mertay: You are developing a very good technique, and being able to play very fast. But don’t forget to train your ears and listen more instead of playing more. Darius had to change the backing track’s progression to make your solo fit, and the final result is ok but I think that you can be tighter with the progression. Thanks for your take!

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN EVERYONE! Now, let's make the Garry Moore Collab AT LEAST as epic as this one!!

+Quote Post
Nava
Mar 20 2014, 11:15 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Awesome mix on this on gentlemen biggrin.gif Hats off for the time effort u put on it!

Very nice melodies in it and great played by everyone! Well done rockers cool.gif

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 20 2014, 11:59 AM
Learning Tone Master
Great job for all of you!!! smile.gif Congrats for mixing and video editing smile.gif

Darek.......your take reminds me about one of my Christmas gift with a bear on the bicycle who played a similar song and move his head in the same way like you biggrin.gif Unfortunately, my bear had an accident biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 20 2014, 12:20 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif Ha ha ha biggrin.gif Accidents happen all the time tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 20 2014, 01:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations everyone! smile.gif

The video turned out awesome and I'm listening this one on repeat.
I really like how the diverse phrasing fits together in one tune smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 20 2014, 01:38 PM
GMC:er
ahehaeah I wasn't expecting such a surprise biggrin.gif thanks guys for the effort as again the waiting is always worth it smile.gif

And again thanks for taking the time commenting smile.gif I readed the comments and to be sure would like to ask; did you guys find the solo (with original background) dissonant or was it about too hard finding a place to fit in the collab. musically? cause if dissonant although I didn't use any pen and paper (no idea at the moment what scale or mode I was doing to with chord) I would very much like to discuss about it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
gregc1
Mar 20 2014, 01:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Bravo everybody, takes and the mix sounded great!

I have to say though that by far the best part was Todd and Darius at the end. Pure gold! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2014, 02:01 PM
Instructor
Congratulations everybody!! The final result is amazing. One of the best collabs ever at the site. I enjoyed doing this one a lot because there were lots of great takes, with tasty playing. And everything together really makes sense. Well done guys!!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 20 2014, 09:38 AM) *
ahehaeah I wasn't expecting such a surprise biggrin.gif thanks guys for the effort as again the waiting is always worth it smile.gif

And again thanks for taking the time commenting smile.gif I readed the comments and to be sure would like to ask; did you guys find the solo (with original background) dissonant or was it about too hard finding a place to fit in the collab. musically? cause if dissonant although I didn't use any pen and paper (no idea at the moment what scale or mode I was doing to with chord) I would very much like to discuss about it smile.gif

Well, Darius will give you more details because he changed the backing for your take, but it seems that you were using a different scale and it didn't fit well over the backing. This backing is in E major, what scale did you use?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
wrk
Mar 20 2014, 02:08 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
NICE !! .. smile.gif

Didn’t noticed Ricky9 was sitting next to me, but he seemed comfortable smile.gif .. Ricky, you are always welcome to jam again on my canapé laugh.gif

Thanks for the collab, comments and the final mix !

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 20 2014, 02:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 20 2014, 01:38 PM) *

Mertay - there were conflits - especially at the moments with G# in backing track. You based Your solo on phrygian + harmonic minor modus and at some spot the second guitar in background, G# in bass + strings section made a disonance. I'll try to bring You detailed explanation later with particular notes colision. But don't worry...there is always a solution biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 20 2014, 02:32 PM
Ok I have to take out my pen and paper biggrin.gif I'll return soon but just to be sure; The (edit; root) chords are A-E-f#min.-D-A right?

This post has been edited by Mertay: Mar 20 2014, 02:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 20 2014, 02:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Mar 20 2014, 02:08 PM) *
NICE !! .. smile.gif

Didn’t noticed Ricky9 was sitting next to me, but he seemed comfortable smile.gif .. Ricky, you are always welcome to jam again on my canapé laugh.gif

Ha ha ha! What a cool thing to see biggrin.gif A couch invitation biggrin.gif So...do You have the same one in Your room ?biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 20 2014, 03:29 PM
Instructor
Yep...I'm not sure why Gab wrote E-major when it's A-major... or E mixolydian mode so we have

A B C# D E F# G# A

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Mar 20 2014, 03:49 PM
Wow, it's finally here! biggrin.gif

Great mix guys! Of course I'm in on the next one, there's still time for some blues!

I'll hope that the next collab recording is easier for me, after I got some good tips from you my friends!

This is so fun! Good work by all, we ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Mar 20 2014, 03:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (wrk @ Mar 20 2014, 09:08 AM) *
NICE !! .. smile.gif

Congrats everyone and thanks for the invitation wrk wink.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 20 2014, 03:52 PM
Thanks, I'll post again when I figure the scales I did smile.gif probably I heard chord based rather than tone (seems I started flamenco then turned ethnic somewhere along the shred biggrin.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 20 2014, 04:04 PM
Whoa!!!
GMC United!!
Thanks Darius, Gab and Cosmin for all the effort in producing it and for all the comments.
Congratulations to everyone who took part!!
This turned out brilliantly!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:37 PM