Funny Story And Cover, Paramor Aint it fun Cover
Jim S.
May 3 2014, 08:12 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm in Walgreens looking for medicine and searching every isle. On the radio a tune is playing and I cant control myself to not like it. It was catchy but I was busy and even pondered asking the girl who worked there who this song was by. I knew she would know. To embarrassed to ask I forgot about it for many months until I heard it again. That was tonight and tonight I was going to learn it. Here's is my take on it and I tried to stay true to the original vocal melody as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/jim-seekford-music/paramore-aint-it-fun-guitar-cover

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2014, 12:34 PM
Instructor
Jim! This is one of the best things you could do for yourself as a player and musician - emulating vocal lines, will develop great sense of melody and articulation and I think you did a great job with this one!

Keep it up and work on more smile.gif It's not even necessary to take care of a full tune, just a verse and a chorus part can generally do the trick - the more you do, the better you'll become!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 3 2014, 05:20 PM

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 3 2014, 02:42 PM
Instructor
Cosmin is so right.Cool playing, i would like to hear your guitar more into mix, i think it's a little bit loud, and your guitar needs more sustain sometimes, take care of the bending technique.
Can't wait to hear more from you smile.gif
You did a great job

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2014, 06:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim Seekford @ May 3 2014, 04:12 AM) *
I'm in Walgreens looking for medicine and searching every isle. On the radio a tune is playing and I cant control myself to not like it. It was catchy but I was busy and even pondered asking the girl who worked there who this song was by. I knew she would know. To embarrassed to ask I forgot about it for many months until I heard it again. That was tonight and tonight I was going to learn it. Here's is my take on it and I tried to stay true to the original vocal melody as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/jim-seekford-music/paramore-aint-it-fun-guitar-cover

Cool stuff man! This is a Paramore song but your version made me think in Joe Satriani. This means that Satriani usually does a great job creating rock songs where the lead guitar works as a voice. At the same time, I have to say that you also did a very good job with this track. As the other instructors said, this is a great exercise for training your expression skills with guitar so keep going! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jim S.
May 3 2014, 08:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 3 2014, 06:34 AM) *
Jim! This is one of the best things you could do for yourself as a player and musician - emulating vocal lines, will develop great sense of melody and articulation and I think you did a great job with this one!

Keep it up and work on more smile.gif It's not even necessary to take care of a full tune, just a verse and a chorus part can generally do the trick - the more you do, the better you'll become!

Cosmin thanks and I'm beginning to understand the need to work more on smaller segments. There are many missed inflections with her voice I should have tried to emulate. I'll work harder at it.

QUOTE (Marius Pop @ May 3 2014, 08:42 AM) *
Cosmin is so right.Cool playing, i would like to hear your guitar more into mix, i think it's a little bit loud, and your guitar needs more sustain sometimes, take care of the bending technique.
Can't wait to hear more from you smile.gif
You did a great job

Marius it's nice you listened, thank you. I do agree with the tone, it's always a battle and sometimes I'll spend too much time pissing around I just end up pissing around. Bending is something I'm practicing. Fast precise bends I desire.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 3 2014, 12:32 PM) *
Cool stuff man! This is a Paramore song but your version made me think in Joe Satriani. This means that Satriani usually does a great job creating rock songs where the lead guitar works as a voice. At the same time, I have to say that you also did a very good job with this track. As the other instructors said, this is a great exercise for training your expression skills with guitar so keep going! smile.gif

Gabriel thank you for the encouragement!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 4 2014, 08:51 AM
Instructor
Ah, yes Jim! Great spot here smile.gif You know, a lot of people here at GMC are trying to play over a BIG portion of a track, instead of focusing on a small piece in which they can create something memorable far easier. I think you could draw an immense benefit, if you would choose a verse and a chorus from many songs and if you would try to emulate the vocals as close to the recording as possible - each little breath matters smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:36 AM