First Reaper Experiment
Mindbinder
Jun 11 2007, 10:16 PM
GMC:er
My acoustic mixed with my clarinet. It's rough but it is my first time mixing tracks together. Plus the clarinet was improvised so its not spot on.

Attached File  First.mp3 ( 1.04MB ) Number of downloads: 435

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aerohit
Jun 11 2007, 11:06 PM
Nice Dude...smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.

-Vincent Van Gogh

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 11 2007, 11:09 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Mindbinder @ Jun 11 2007, 05:16 PM) *
My acoustic mixed with my clarinet. It's rough but it is my first time mixing tracks together. Plus the clarinet was improvised so its not spot on.

Attached File  First.mp3 ( 1.04MB ) Number of downloads: 435

Very nice indeed wink.gif It has a wonderfully relaxed folky vibe to it, and its pretty good for a first multitrack recording - told you Reaper rocks smile.gif

One thing you could do to improve it would be to add some reverb - you will need to download a reverb plugin, there are a number of free ones. The idea behind this is that you record all the instruments without any ambience (as you pretty much did) then you add some artificial ambience to make it sound like they are all playing in the same space - it really helps.

Great effort, looking forward to hearing more like that smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 11 2007, 11:34 PM
Learning Roadie
I like it. It's really mellow.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 12 2007, 12:14 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (JVM @ Jun 11 2007, 06:34 PM) *
I like it. It's really mellow.

Yeah, I listened to it a few times - it could almost be a quiet bridge passage on a Yes or Jethro Tull album, or something like that.

Another tip - try making more of a stereo field by panning the different tracks left and right to various degrees.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Mindbinder
Jun 12 2007, 12:30 AM
Aerohit: Thanks

Andrew Cockburn: The software's amazing. The plugins are a great idea, I was wondering how to blend things together more smoothly. I swear there seems to me unlimited potential when mixing tracks. Now all I have to do is clean up my playing a bit.

JVM: Thanks, I love mellow. Although me and a couple friends want to start mixing my gypsy folk stuff with there crust. Could be cool.

Andrew Cockburn Again
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 11 2007, 04:14 PM) *
Yeah, I listened to it a few times - it could almost be a quiet bridge passage on a Yes or Jethro Tull album, or something like that.

Another tip - try making more of a stereo field by panning the different tracks left and right to various degrees.

Wow, now that's a compliment. My dad brought me up to Yes and Ian Anderson is one of my hero's. Thanks again for the tips, I'll use them.

This post has been edited by Mindbinder: Jun 12 2007, 12:30 AM

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 12 2007, 01:04 AM
Learning Roadie
Yes is a great band! I think I need to go listen to siberian khatru now.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:14 AM