2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Winter Holiday Collab Ideas!, Let's do some brainstorming...
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2018, 06:00 PM
Instructor
Hey friends!!

Holidays are coming so it's a great excuse to start a special collab!! We've been talking with Kris that it could be nice to include some christmas melodies in your takes.

What do you think? Any style to suggest? Any other cool ideas?

Let's think on this one together! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 27 2018, 06:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
As said in the other thread, a Jason Becker collab on that backing track he made available could be nice, but I don't know if there are any copyright issues.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 27 2018, 07:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
SRV

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Adam
Nov 27 2018, 08:52 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 27 2018, 05:32 PM) *
As said in the other thread, a Jason Becker collab on that backing track he made available could be nice, but I don't know if there are any copyright issues.

Jason expressed it pretty clearly that he wants people to do this kind of things, so I guess it's ok as long as we don't sell the final version and make profits of it I don't see a problem.

As for the Christmas collab, maybe some folk stuff this time? In Poland we have lots of seasonal folk songs that cover pretty much everything. I guess there are more countries like this, so I'd go with Overtone scale. I never used it but judging by its history, that might work smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2018, 10:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 27 2018, 02:32 PM) *

I think that it would be more special if we use an original backing for this one, but the style can be inspired on that backing if you'd like.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2018, 10:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 27 2018, 03:58 PM) *
SRV

Bluesy Winter?

QUOTE (Adam M @ Nov 27 2018, 04:52 PM) *
As for the Christmas collab, maybe some folk stuff this time? In Poland we have lots of seasonal folk songs that cover pretty much everything. I guess there are more countries like this, so I'd go with Overtone scale. I never used it but judging by its history, that might work smile.gif

Yeah! There are many great Christmas themes. I'm curious about those Poland folk songs...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 27 2018, 10:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 27 2018, 10:05 PM) *
I think that it would be more special if we use an original backing for this one, but the style can be inspired on that backing if you'd like.

Oh, I wasn't thinking as a winter/christmas-jam at all! More so a reply to your "any other ideas" smile.gif Maybe I misunderstood smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2018, 01:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 27 2018, 06:57 PM) *
Oh, I wasn't thinking as a winter/christmas-jam at all! More so a reply to your "any other ideas" smile.gif Maybe I misunderstood smile.gif

Oh yeah! I thought you were talking about winter jam! Sorry mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 28 2018, 03:23 AM
GMC:er
Good idea!!!
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 27 2018, 01:32 PM) *

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Nov 28 2018, 12:43 PM
Learning Roadie
Usually it's jazzy stuff for xmas songs , I kinda like the Christmas song that vai did, a backing track with some a harmonised chords and some bells .. at a medium tempo lol.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2018, 01:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Nov 28 2018, 08:43 AM) *
Usually it's jazzy stuff for xmas songs , I kinda like the Christmas song that vai did, a backing track with some a harmonised chords and some bells .. at a medium tempo lol.

Do you have a link to Vai's song?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Nov 28 2018, 03:00 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 29 2018, 02:34 AM
I misunderstood as well. Now I get it smile.gif Something Xmas ish maybe a bit jazzy? Sounds cool to me smile.gif
Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 27 2018, 05:57 PM) *

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2018, 03:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Nov 28 2018, 11:00 AM) *

That's so cool mate, thanks!! This can be a good reference...

Any other ideas guys?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2018, 08:11 PM
Instructor
We have to start this one soon! Any other ideas?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 8 2018, 05:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
what about using one of Piotr's winter tunes? I remember we used his first one for an xmas jam ages ago and it was really cool.
they sound so 'epic and wintry' -
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Winter-Tune-II/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Winter-Tune-III/

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 8 2018, 05:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 8 2018, 01:25 PM) *
what about using one of Piotr's winter tunes? I remember we used his first one for an xmas jam ages ago and it was really cool.

Hi Bleez!! Thanks for your suggestions! We are working on something cool. Stay tuned!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 9 2018, 05:20 AM
Great Idea!! I did a solo for this way back when and the coolest part of the solo got left on the cutting room floor for whatever reason. It's a great backing though. This lick at the start is a semi crazy alternate picking thing that's harmonized (not with a plugin) and using open strings. Still dig it!

QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 8 2018, 12:25 PM) *

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 9 2018, 08:08 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 8 2018, 08:20 PM) *
Great Idea!! I did a solo for this way back when and the coolest part of the solo got left on the cutting room floor for whatever reason.

This is one of the reasons (There are other reasons but they are more personal) that I have shied away from participating in the collabs here at GMC since they have started to be heavily edited. It is a bit off putting to spend the time to construct a solo from beginning to end, only to have it cut up, used out of context with how it was intended and parts of it or even most of it just discarded.
At first it didn't bother me a lot and I have seen some creative cut and paste jobs in the editing. But at the end of the day, for me, it ends up being a turn off and discourages me from putting in the work to try to create a meaningful solo from beginning to end.
I liked it better when everyones take was used in it's entirety and back to back like this one.
Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 9 2018, 09:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 9 2018, 08:08 PM) *
This is one of the reasons (There are other reasons but they are more personal) that I have shied away from participating in the collabs here at GMC since they have started to be heavily edited. It is a bit off putting to spend the time to construct a solo from beginning to end, only to have it cut up, used out of context with how it was intended and parts of it or even most of it just discarded.
At first it didn't bother me a lot and I have seen some creative cut and paste jobs in the editing. But at the end of the day, for me, it ends up being a turn off and discourages me from putting in the work to try to create a meaningful solo from beginning to end.
I liked it better when everyones take was used in it's entirety and back to back like this one.
Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

I can agree with that sentiment, but maybe we could have room for both, so people know what they go in to smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:24 AM