Metallica - 'come On'!?
Rapitap
Mar 21 2009, 01:50 PM
GMC:er
"- We are Metallica, a small band from Norway. We would love to get a record contract", said James Hetfield , and the audience responded with huge laughter. (Yesterday Metallica had a secret performance in Texas for some 2000 fans).
Link to the original.

Hello? Well, must say my jaw dropped a notch when I read it over. Did not know if I should laugh, be affended or cry. *uh & haha*. Do Norwegians have a bad reputation or something...what's going on?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Rapitap: Mar 21 2009, 01:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 21 2009, 02:35 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think its just a joke! They picked Norway randomly I guess just to make a joke I don't think it has to do anything with bad reputation (which I haven't heard about) or anything...It could have been any other country in the joke I guess and it would pass the point...(which isn't that funny to me) smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Mar 21 2009, 02:36 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Rapitap
Mar 21 2009, 02:52 PM
Righto. A joke with a bad aftertaste. I probably would feel that way whichever country they picked. Hm...somehow James H seems to enoy me... I sort of have a Love & Hate relationship with Metallica ...

This post has been edited by Rapitap: Mar 21 2009, 02:53 PM

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 21 2009, 07:25 PM
QUOTE (Rapitap @ Mar 21 2009, 02:52 PM) *
Righto. A joke with a bad aftertaste. I probably would feel that way whichever country they picked. Hm...somehow James H seems to enoy me... I sort of have a Love & Hate relationship with Metallica ...

The last few years it's gone to a hate for me. I'm don't the rest of the band, but Lars is such a little wiener!

Just tell me that isn't put on, and that he doesn't mean this at all. You can hear it in his voice.
View the Wiener here.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 21 2009, 09:41 PM
Instructor
If they had mentioned some other country i might have found it funnier wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 21 2009, 11:22 PM
Ugh. Another sad attempt to salvage some form of credibility. Just give it a rest already.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 21 2009, 11:34 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Maybe it wasn't a good "joke", but giving so much attention to it is in all measures inappropriate..

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 21 2009, 11:59 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I actually liked the fact he said Norway, as James has often said he likes Norway smile.gif
I don't see what the fuzz is about at all, it was just a joke smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sondre
Mar 22 2009, 12:26 AM
Guess he just mentioned a small country? Maybe he had been watching a Norwegian band earlier? I dont think it means anything. smile.gif

+Quote Post
TwistedSun
Mar 22 2009, 01:54 AM
People will stop at nothing to hate Metallica won't they? It was a joke, I would have been psyched if he had mentioned Canada instead.

and to rapitap and sircraigery, I honestly doubt that James and Lars care what you think about them.

--------------------
Starting Gear: Epiphone Limited 50th Anniversary SG, Line 6 Spider II 75watt combo amp.
New Gear: Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR, Engl Powerball 100w, Engl Pro 4x12, Z-5 Footswitch

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 22 2009, 02:01 AM
QUOTE (TwistedSun @ Mar 22 2009, 01:54 AM) *
People will stop at nothing to hate Metallica won't they? It was a joke, I would have been psyched if he had mentioned Canada instead.

and to rapitap and sircraigery, I honestly doubt that James and Lars care what you think about them.

Your right. Pat yourself on the back. tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 22 2009, 02:21 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 22 2009, 03:45 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 22 2009, 02:21 AM) *

You forgot to give Lars a giant Lollipop LOL

--------------------
Guitars:
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 22 2009, 04:05 PM
Instructor
I think it was a joke too, so what was wrong if he said Norway or any other country? I don't think you can say that he thinks that all Norwegian bands are small and they cannot get a record deal because of what he said, can you? He wanted to make a joke that they are small band from Norway that need a record deal. He didn't compare or referred to any Norwegian band in any way.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 22 2009, 05:13 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 22 2009, 04:05 PM) *
I think it was a joke too, so what was wrong if he said Norway or any other country? I don't think you can say that he thinks that all Norwegian bands are small and they cannot get a record deal because of what he said, can you? He wanted to make a joke that they are small band from Norway that need a record deal. He didn't compare or referred to any Norwegian band in any way.

Well said smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:42 PM