2 Pages V   1 2 >  
How about dragonforce style??
Kevin98497
Sep 1 2006, 09:18 PM
GMC:er
why dont we hav some dragonforce style solos? they are fast, and dont lots of ppl wanna go fast??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Santana
Sep 2 2006, 10:07 PM
Speed isnt inherited easily. It takes lots work. For some, speed just goes to them after a while, for others, they have to work. I dont think a dragonforce lesson would help the beginners all that much.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Norven
Sep 3 2006, 03:48 PM
Thats true santana...but fast riffs is always good to train..so I dont think it´s bad to have a lesson like that...

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
Santana
Sep 6 2006, 02:46 AM
You're absolutely correct, but, I think if those insanely fast riffs and sweep picking would get on their nerves and make them feel as if they cant excel in this area of playing the guitar. Just my oppinion, but, you do have a good point.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 6 2006, 08:54 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Santana)
Speed isnt inherited easily. It takes lots work. For some, speed just goes to them after a while, for others, they have to work.

I don't believe that - I believe everybody has to work very hard. SOme people just don't want to admit it, instead they'll say it came naturally.

The students I have had who have developped incredible technique have all worked extremely hard, I haven't had one single that got it naturally. I would really like to see some evidence of someone who has it naturally.

:smoke

PS Mozart practiced his ass off! biggrin.gif

/Kris

+Quote Post
Santana
Sep 7 2006, 12:56 AM
When I said that, I meant that, they dont practice speed directly. They just play for numerous years and it just goes to them. I have a friend, hes a blues guitarist, and he ONLY practices blues, but, sometimes I ask him to do some speed pentatonics like your last lesson and he did them really fast. Obviously, I cant really prove it to you on the internet. I can just hope that you believe me.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 7 2006, 08:48 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Santana)
When I said that, I meant that, they dont practice speed directly. They just play for numerous years and it just goes to them. I have a friend, hes a blues guitarist, and he ONLY practices blues, but, sometimes I ask him to do some speed pentatonics like your last lesson and he did them really fast. Obviously, I cant really prove it to you on the internet. I can just hope that you believe me.

I see what you mean - they don't practice techniques consiously. Still theori technique will be th result of lots and lots of practice.

/Kris smile.gif

+Quote Post
Santana
Sep 8 2006, 05:57 AM
Oh, whoops, guess i took it the wrong way. Anyways, I completely agree.

+Quote Post
Molgan
Oct 1 2006, 05:31 PM
Dragonforce seems like totaly impossible, but thats just me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Oct 1 2006, 09:39 PM
First off I don’t think many people here would benefit from a Dragonforce solo lesson or something like that, because not many seem to be at that level. More importantly, I don’t think Dragonforce has a unique enough voice to warrant their own “in the style of” lesson. Don’t get me wrong, I really like Herman Li’s playing, but he sounds as though he’s just borrowing his style from a few other guys, and not really inventing his own signature sound. That quirkiness / video game sounding stuff they do is really more in the style of other players like Mattias Eklundh.

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Oct 2 2006, 09:05 PM
SOOO IS THIS A YES TO DRAGONFORCE LESSON OR NO PEOPLE!? lol confuse me why dont u lot :!:

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Oct 2 2006, 09:08 PM
I vote no. But here's a Dragonforce lesson by Herman Li himself:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qtUiQJc7ZMI

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 17 2010, 09:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Come on! Let's get some instructors to do this! biggrin.gif It'd be fun to listen anyway! smile.gif

DragonForce lessons!! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Oct 17 2010, 11:35 PM
Instructor
I've been working on a lesson in a lesson in their style, you can be sure it's coming on!

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 17 2010, 11:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Wow! I've seen threads revived from the dead, but not after 4 years. Awesome Fireball! You're the new world champion! That lesson would be cool.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 18 2010, 12:22 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 6 2006, 03:54 AM) *
I don't believe that - I believe everybody has to work very hard...
PS Mozart practiced his ass off! biggrin.gif
/Kris

Truer words were never spoken! Kris is dead right on this. I've seen lots of students progress over the years and I have yet to see any of them just fall in to killer speed and technique. I personally spent literally thousands of hours practicing with a metronome alone in a room with just a guitar and amp in order to be able to play as fast and accurately. It may seem like some folks just pick it up but you have to realize, they have spent an enormous amount of time practicing their butt off.

When I first started playing, certain abilities seemed almost magical. Players like Paul Gilbert, Buckethead, Tony McAlpine, Steve Vai, etc. just has such amazing technique that seemed so effortless. It seemed like something they were born being able to do. It was only after I started playing that I realized they didn't sprout full formed and that it wasn't magic. it was the result of countless hours of dedication to the instrument.

*DRAGON FORCE STYLE:

In terms of playing like Dragon Force, essentially, you are looking at fast alternate picking, economic picking, sweep picking, tapping, etc. All combined at high speed. Essentially "Shredding". Make sure to join me each SATURDAY @ 5:00 EST for live video chat lessons where we talk about these topics. Also check out my lesson series in the Wiki dedicated to Alternate Picking and Shredding in general. smile.gif
ALTERNATE PICKING SERIES ON GMC WIKI

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 18 2010, 12:25 AM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 18 2010, 12:56 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Oct 17 2010, 05:35 PM) *
I've been working on a lesson in a lesson in their style, you can be sure it's coming on!

ohmy.gif Swwweeeeeeettt!!! It'll be fun just watching you - but I'll still take a shot at it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (NoSkill @ Oct 17 2010, 05:49 PM) *
Wow! I've seen threads revived from the dead, but not after 4 years. Awesome Fireball! You're the new world champion! That lesson would be cool.

laugh.gif haha! Thanks!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 18 2010, 11:54 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Oct 18 2010, 12:35 AM) *

This is awesome! Now if you could include some noises like "Pac-Man" and "Elephant" ones that Herman Li lesson shows on youtube would be killer smile.gif)))

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Oct 18 2010, 02:05 PM
Instructor
hahaha, yes, video games sounds would be a nice add!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 18 2010, 08:18 PM
Instructor
Speed is just something that comes with time and accuracy, anyone can rehearse just about anything, and if he does long enough and precise enough - he will become faster. The more precise, and the longer you work on something - the faster you become. So chasing speed is done with chasing the precision, as time cannot be chased. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:44 AM