2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Help! I Hate Music That I Can Play!
Dexxter
Jan 3 2010, 03:38 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Artemus @ Jan 3 2010, 12:28 PM) *
From a performance point of voice, I stave off the possibility of getting bored with a piece by aiming for perfection with each and every performance. Every time I play something, I want to play it better than the last time.

I do this too

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 3 2010, 03:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Jan 2 2010, 09:23 PM) *
Hey friend,
i have a problem and i want to know if somebody here has the same minds!

Im always hearing the new lessons! most of them sounds really great in my ears! then i choose some of then to practice. and there is the problem! when i finished the lessson i cant hear that tune for a half year or something like that, because i have to hear it so often to learn it!

thats the reason why i dont want to hear really great music for the next 10 years! (cryin, dont cry, sweet child, and many more).

is there anyone with the same problem or am i a freak? huh.gif

doesn't happen to me but by the time i learn a song my family doesn't want to hear it anymore

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 3 2010, 03:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 3 2010, 02:20 PM) *
Never ever join a cover band wink.gif

hahaha this is a good one. I remember when I played in many cover bands. I couldn't stand songs like Paranoid, Born To Be Wild and similar stuff.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
dusty
Jan 3 2010, 03:49 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 3 2010, 12:51 PM) *
I never get bored playing same songs over and over again. Also if I don't play or listen to a song it goes out of my head pretty easily. But what I do hate is when I hear a ultra catchy song and when it sticks in my head for weeks - example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4om1rQKPijI

eheheh wink.gif

That is just evil, even worse than 2unlimited (wont mention song title for fear of infecting the rest of you that read this) for nagging repeatability.

dry.gif

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 3 2010, 04:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 3 2010, 03:48 PM) *
hahaha this is a good one. I remember when I played in many cover bands. I couldn't stand songs like Paranoid, Born To Be Wild and similar stuff.

Whaat??? You were lucky man!!! Compared to those songs by Rick Astley, Samantha Fox, Milli Vanilli, Itchy-bitchy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-bikini, Eurovison song contest winners (even the local ones.. mad.gif ) and other garbage that is a shame in the history of music, these songs is GREAT, even that I hate "Born to be wild" a little bit too.... but at least it is rock!
Nah, it is OK to play covers, IF you play covers that You and the band like..... but then there is another problem: You will be out of work.... sad.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 3 2010, 05:13 PM
Instructor
it happens to me too, I don't think you are a freak....

but after some time of not hearing that song, I go back to it and it sounds even better that before biggrin.gif

but yeah it has to be a long time,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 3 2010, 05:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 3 2010, 03:35 PM) *
Whaat??? You were lucky man!!! Compared to those songs by Rick Astley, Samantha Fox, Milli Vanilli, Itchy-bitchy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-bikini, Eurovison song contest winners (even the local ones.. mad.gif ) and other garbage that is a shame in the history of music, these songs is GREAT, even that I hate "Born to be wild" a little bit too.... but at least it is rock!
Nah, it is OK to play covers, IF you play covers that You and the band like..... but then there is another problem: You will be out of work.... sad.gif

//Staffay

I've played on about 200 biker parties and every single time every band plays the same songs smile.gif I couldn't stand it anymore. There is one weird thing in all that. I always feel happy when playing Smoke On The Water for some reason even though this is the one I played the most smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 3 2010, 06:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 3 2010, 05:54 PM) *
I've played on about 200 biker parties and every single time every band plays the same songs smile.gif I couldn't stand it anymore. There is one weird thing in all that. I always feel happy when playing Smoke On The Water for some reason even though this is the one I played the most smile.gif

Yeah, me too..... That song I can play for some 10.000 times I think, it never goes out of style or gets boring... smile.gif
But that goes for most Purple songs!!!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 3 2010, 06:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 3 2010, 05:29 PM) *
But that goes for most Purple songs!!!

+1 smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 5 2010, 03:50 PM
Instructor
It can be a little too much when you play same music over and over. There are couple of things you could do to make those same tunes a bit more interesting : 1) Play them in different keys 2) Create a different guitar arrangement 3) Do different reharmonizations of given piece 4) Compose a solo that will always work 5) Play the piece in different tempo 6) Change the band arrangement for the song (instead of 4-5 piece band do it in duo or trio for example)
You get the idea smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2010, 12:25 AM
Instructor
I think Pedja has the point. You can always be creative with a musical piece, and create new ways of interpreting it on the instrument. Change is always a good thing, it pushes a player to think.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:21 AM