3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Fake Gear
axelsson
Nov 12 2007, 03:36 AM
GMC:er
Okay, so a friend of mine found this chinese or japanese (not quite sure which one of them) website that sells, well basically thousands of different replicas, you know fake things. I was kinda browsing around a little when i decided to look in the "guitars" section (just for fun). I found fake jems that costs like 250 dollars and loads of other brands and models biggrin.gif

www.dhgate.com

www.dhgate.com/productdetail_ff8080811502b60c011504bec17f4869_kamVt_c22.html

on of all the fake jems tongue.gif 197 dollars cool.gif

Clickable links edited by Kris - let's not promote these sites...!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 12 2007, 03:47 AM
QUOTE (axelsson @ Nov 11 2007, 08:36 PM) *
Okay, so a friend of mine found this chinese or japanese (not quite sure which one of them) website that sells, well basically thousands of different replicas, you know fake things. I was kinda browsing around a little when i decided to look in the "guitars" section (just for fun). I found fake jems that costs like 250 dollars and loads of other brands and models biggrin.gif

another thread that needs to be deleted. 2 at the same time, the first telling people to steal software, now where to buy guitars that steal trademarks.

perhaps it is best to live life as an honest person, who does not steal, nor who does not purchase stolen property. And if you buy one of these, that is exactly what you are doing, buying stolen property. Gibson, Ibanez own that trademark, it is their property, just as your guitar is your property. You would like it if somebody stole our guitar. Why steal somebody else's property?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Nov 12 2007, 05:44 AM

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 12 2007, 03:49 AM
To be fair he's not advocating we buy them here, no-ones here is ill educated enough guitar wise to buy a rip off, the topic even states that they are fake.

Why cant we aknowledge that there are always going to be rip off's and just have a laugh at it?

This post has been edited by Owen: Nov 12 2007, 04:09 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 12 2007, 03:54 AM
Instructor
Man,I thought it's SX cause they have copied every single shape
but these guys are using even stolen logos,thumb up biggrin.gif and lock them up laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 12 2007, 03:59 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Nov 11 2007, 08:54 PM) *
Man,I thought it's SX cause they have copied every single shape
but these guys are using even stolen logos,thumb up biggrin.gif and lock them up laugh.gif

A lot of these end up getting resold to unsuspecting people. So besides what they are doing to the corporations, they end up screwing other people in the resale market.

We all pay for crime btw, it gets factored into the prices we pay for items, in some fashion, we all pay for it in the end.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 12 2007, 04:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 12 2007, 03:59 AM) *
A lot of these end up getting resold to unsuspecting people. So besides what they are doing to the corporations, they end up screwing other people in the resale market.

We all pay for crime btw, it gets factored into the prices we pay for items, in some fashion, we all pay for it in the end.

Of course Fkalich,I'm judging this absolutely,just wanted to be sort of funny... sad.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
axelsson
Nov 12 2007, 04:16 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 12 2007, 03:47 AM) *
another thread that needs to be deleted. 2 at the same time, the first telling people to steal software, now where to buy guitars that steal trademarks.

perhaps it is best to live life as an honest person, who does not steal, nor who does not purchase stolen property. And if you buy one of these, that is exactly what you are doing, buying stolen property. Gibson, Ibanez own that trademark, it is their property, just as your guitar is your property. You would like it if somebody stole our guitar. Why steal somebody else's property?

ehm dude.....obviously you got me wrong. Why do you say that I am telling people to steal software? Where the did that come from? You don't have to pretend that you're som friggin guitar cop. The only thing I did was that I posted something that I thought was amusing.

This is not a bloody advert! Just somthing to laugh at.

Stop making up your own statements about other people that you don't even know.

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 12 2007, 04:20 AM
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=8461

He was refering to an earlier topic by someone else with the piracy statement.

He's also just stating his own case here, but I think you should calm down a bit, this can be a debate but we shouldnt let it turn to an argument. smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 12 2007, 04:23 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Ok, calm down every one. Lets discuss this without getting bent out of shape.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 12 2007, 04:25 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (axelsson @ Nov 12 2007, 03:36 AM) *

I for one think this is a good heads up on fake guitars, branded and all, that we all need to be careful not to buy off of eBay f.ex. It's even got a serial# in the headstock if I see correctly.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 12 2007, 04:26 AM
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/Counterfeit_Warning/index.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 12 2007, 04:28 AM
Ummmm....in other news........

Musiciansfriend.com is having a huge c-c-crazy sale!

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 12 2007, 04:29 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 12 2007, 04:28 AM) *
Ummmm....in other news........

Musiciansfriend.com is having a huge c-c-crazy sale!

Not JEM's for 300 USD, right? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 12 2007, 04:34 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 11 2007, 07:29 PM) *
Not JEM's for 300 USD, right? laugh.gif

jeeze I WISH. but no, sadly they didn't mark the jems down at all (surprise surprise) mad.gif

This post has been edited by Spiderusalem: Nov 12 2007, 04:34 AM

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 12 2007, 04:47 AM
Get to da Chopper!
IF the pictures are real, then wow-- the attention to detail is amazing.

I'll be honest- on the pay that i'm on, i'm more than half tempted to get one and replace the pickups.....

But who knows how bad this thing plays/sounds...we just have to trust the information the seller gives.

And a guy selling fake guitars probably isnt too trustworthy.

Ah well, i'll continue saving...

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 12 2007, 04:52 AM
The pickups are the obvious shortcoming but the neck is probably junk as well, the wood on the body most likely cheap and second grade and the floyd rose will go out of tune, the electronics will also be crap.

Better to build your own guitar than replace all the bits on one of those smile.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Nov 12 2007, 07:12 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 12 2007, 04:56 AM
Moderation Policy Director
A guitar is more than a frame to hold some pickups ... there are all sorts of quality issues around wood selection and quality, workmanship, and many other things.

Doubtless Fender and Gibson mark up their guitars a little more than we would like, but it just isn't possible to economically build something of the quality of a Jem or a Strat for those kind of prices. Sure, replacing the pickups will help, but what about the rough fret dressing, the lack of sustain due to cheap wood, the intonation problems because the neck isn't figured correctly ... the list goes on.

There is a law of diminishing returns here. A good copy (such as an Epi) that is half the price of an LP may be 70 or 80% as good, but when you dip into the bargain basement, half the price translates to something less than half as good. They probably look the part but ultimately would be frustrating to own.

Like fkalich, I would always pay the full price for the real item (even though I have respect for the better copies such as Epiphone).

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
steve25
Nov 12 2007, 05:00 AM
On Epiphone Les Paul -

Play like a rock star on the Starcaster? by Fender? This package, perfect for the enthusiastic nov...

^^ copied and pasted, i lol'd

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 12 2007, 05:04 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 12 2007, 03:52 AM) *
The pickups are the obvious shortcoming but the neck is probably junk as well, the wood on the body most likely cheap and second grade and the floyd rose will go out of tune, the electronics will also be crap.

Better to build your own guitar than replace all the bits on one of those smile.gif

I remember pricing up components/materials for making a custom guitar- but obviously it wasn't as cheap as this.

I'm tempted, but i know that once arrived i'm going to be mildly to very dissappointed with it even at that price range....however...

My only guitar at the moment is a very very bad Marshall Rocket "special", these are beginner guitars that come in those "all in one" packs.....

i bought it at a second hand shop place for £90 ( about 180 USD) a while back, but havnt been able to afford the guitar of my dreams since.

Maybe this is a cheap way for me to upgrade/downgrade/get a new guitar?

Btw just if anybody is interested as am I, here is a link to all of this one sellers items (he has a fair few guitars of all makes, turns out having a good customer rating too..)

http://www.dhgate.com/productlistsearchtyp...b5443_true.html

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 12 2007, 05:22 AM
Heh, your money, at least you know what you'd be buying I suppose. tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:43 AM