Greetings
bubblebeat
Dec 31 2012, 02:32 AM
GMC:er
Hi there,

My name is lo and I have recently joined the community.

I have been playing guitar on and off for many years. Played with various bands, from rock covers (RHCP, RATM, GnR, Metallica, Stones, etc...) to drum and bass/electronica stuff.

My 2.5 years old twins are finally giving me enough spare time so I ca grab my guitars again, exciting times.

I've never really studied the guitar nor had lessons before but now is the time for a fresh start and I have found already some great tutorials.

I broke my left wrist in a motorbike accident last year and my main focus right now is to get it back to "shape".

Anyways, I'm glad I joined, it is a good place to be wink.gif

Cheers.

PS: any instructors in Australia's time zone?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Dec 31 2012, 04:29 AM
Hey lo, welcome aboard, I don't think there are any in our time zone, I've been getting up at 6am to catch a few video chats.

Pat

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Bossie
Dec 31 2012, 04:31 AM
Hey welcome...aussie alert!! wink.gif

No australian instructors i believe but the ones who are here are the most amazing teachers i have ever seen ...
And i'm pretty objective about this...the lesson archive is quite amazing too!You can ask any guitar or music related
to them private or via the forum...they will get you going no matter what the issue is..
I'm a motorcycle addict too and had some nasty injuries also..but it made me even more cautious on the road now..

Enjoy it here!!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 31 2012, 08:47 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, welcome to GMC! Glad you decided to introduce yourself! Please let us know if there's anything we can help with wink.gif What sort of gear are you using?

+Quote Post
Blister
Dec 31 2012, 11:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi lo ... (forgive me...I couldn't resist! biggrin.gif ) & welcome to GMC! This site is amazing & full of resources. I'm sure you have noticed the instructors are very accessable. Honestly, I don't think they ever sleep wink.gif . Catching the chats can be a challenge in some time zones, but are definitely a huge help... IMHO. Looking forward to seeing you in the chats & forum! smile.gif

Gary

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 1 2013, 10:24 AM
Instructor
Hey Lo, welcome to GMC ! smile.gif

It's good to hear that you're getting serious about the guitar ! You've come to the right place !

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 1 2013, 10:53 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
HEY WELCOME on this PLANET !

Time zone doesn`t matter we are all timeless here -- sometimes `)

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 1 2013, 10:56 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome to GMC Io!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2013, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Hi man! Welcome to GMC! I think that there isn't an instructor living close to Australia but GMC keeps us very connected so let us know how we can help you and we will do it! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Javier Aviles
Jan 2 2013, 05:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bubblebeat @ Dec 31 2012, 01:32 AM) *
Hi there,

I have been playing guitar on and off for many years. Played with various bands, from rock covers (RHCP, RATM, GnR, Metallica, Stones, etc...) to drum and bass/electronica stuff.

My 2.5 years old twins are finally giving me enough spare time so I ca grab my guitars again, exciting times.

I've never really studied the guitar nor had lessons before but now is the time for a fresh start and I have found already some great tutorials.

I broke my left wrist in a motorbike accident last year and my main focus right now is to get it back to "shape".

Cheers.

Wellcome... 'bubblebeat'
I hope my videos help to improve ... Ask what you do not understand ...

--------------------
Welcome to "The Long and Winding Road" as a musician... I hope my videos will help you to become a better one!
Click out my lessons and instructor profile.
Visit and subscribe to my Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bubblebeat
Jan 9 2013, 12:23 PM
Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here smile.gif

And to answer Cosmin's question, I play on a Fender Strat and a Gibson LesPaul and I have a couple of Blackstar amps.

Catch you later.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 9 2013, 03:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bubblebeat @ Jan 9 2013, 08:23 AM) *

And to answer Cosmin's question, I play on a Fender Strat and a Gibson LesPaul and I have a couple of Blackstar amps.

Catch you later.

Cool gear mate! How has your stay at gmc been the first days? Are you already working on lessons?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2013, 10:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bubblebeat @ Jan 9 2013, 11:23 AM) *

Catch you later.

Wow biggrin.gif NICE! Can you please share more about the Blackstar amps? There are a lot of people here wanting to know about them smile.gif

+Quote Post
bubblebeat
Jan 10 2013, 09:42 AM

Yes, I've been looking at some lessons. Mainly about stamina, funk and bottleneck ones. I'm pretty happy so far, it will take me a few weeks to go thru my already busy bookmarks wink.gif

Regarding the Blackstar amps, I have the HT-5R which I use for practicing with my mates and an HT-1R that stays home.

I've had/played on various amps thru the years and I'm really happy with those 2, especially the HT5.

It is small (1x12") and light enough to carry around with a guitar but has enough power to rehearse with a real drummer (ok, maybe not Jason Bonham but still smile.gif)

It does not have a massive overhead on the clean channel but it's got a DI output which is really convenient if/when needed.

Blackstar's "Infinite Shape Feature" works pretty well, I do not really need to mess around to much with it.

The LP really sounds good when I use a crunch tone and use its volume knob to control the level.

Those are pretty cheap as well. The only bad thing that I have found was it's been quite of a pain to find one available in Australia when they got released.

Highly recommended.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 10 2013, 03:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bubblebeat @ Jan 10 2013, 08:42 AM) *
Yes, I've been looking at some lessons. Mainly about stamina, funk and bottleneck ones. I'm pretty happy so far, it will take me a few weeks to go thru my already busy bookmarks wink.gif

Regarding the Blackstar amps, I have the HT-5R which I use for practicing with my mates and an HT-1R that stays home.

I've had/played on various amps thru the years and I'm really happy with those 2, especially the HT5.

It is small (1x12") and light enough to carry around with a guitar but has enough power to rehearse with a real drummer (ok, maybe not Jason Bonham but still smile.gif)

It does not have a massive overhead on the clean channel but it's got a DI output which is really convenient if/when needed.

Blackstar's "Infinite Shape Feature" works pretty well, I do not really need to mess around to much with it.

The LP really sounds good when I use a crunch tone and use its volume knob to control the level.

Those are pretty cheap as well. The only bad thing that I have found was it's been quite of a pain to find one available in Australia when they got released.

Highly recommended.

Thanks for the input mate! I am seriously thinking about getting either one Blackstar or a Mesa... anyway, this will be an investment which will probably occur somewhere in the second part of this year.

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jan 10 2013, 04:31 PM
Theory Instructor
Welcome to the forum man!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 10 2013, 11:23 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC man ,stay well wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 11 2013, 05:54 AM
Welcome Bubblebeat! Great to have you here @ GMC smile.gif This place just flat out RAWKS!!!!! I teach our Sat/Sun Video Chat @ 5pm EST which would be 8 AM SUN/MON for you in Oz, I think. The lessons last 2 hours so you could pop in at 9 but that might be a bit early on Sunday. All of the video chats are listed in a calender on the front page and Google Calender should auto adjust your time zone wink.gif

Todd

QUOTE (bubblebeat @ Dec 30 2012, 08:32 PM) *
Hi there,

Cheers.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 11 2013, 08:52 AM
Instructor
Oh, btw, Stephane Lucarelli has awesome funk/ blues/ jazz lessons! Have you managed to find those? smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:38 AM