2 Pages V  < 1 2  
My Weight Loss Journey, ...motivation by having fun!
Caelumamittendum
Jul 25 2021, 09:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 25 2021, 10:46 PM) *
congratas . What I have done lately is cutting out sugar / carbs / bread once I eat dinner and dropped 5 LBs just from that. I don't keep favorite foods, pop or things I love but rather just time of day when I have them.
I don't know where you live but alot of people walk the malls ( indoor or out) , they have plenty of people and window shopping and things to look at to take there mind off of walking

Thanks! And well done on those 5 lbs!

Malls, city centre and so on is about 3-4 miles away to just get there. I do prefer bicycle rides in nature if I have to choose. I get to see a bit more that way too. But as for actively exercising it's football for me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jul 25 2021, 09:48 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 26 2021, 01:48 AM
GMC:er
Finding what works for you can be the hardest thing as everyone is a bit different. I've started taking much longer walks with my little dog to try to get in a bit better shape. I'm not a huge fan of going to the gym either so it's good to have something to do that just fits in with regular life. smile.gif It's great that you are playing football again. Keep it up!

Here is a pic of my brother and I from 2007. If I could get back to around that shape/size I'd be happy smile.gif Im on the right hand side. Some folks say we look a lot alike.

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 25 2021, 08:47 AM) *
The problem with exercising is also psychological for me t hough. If I don't enjoy walking or swimming I will end up not doing it. So I need a form of exercise that I can stick to and find fun. And as for food - and not enjoying cooking, meassuring calories said, and hopefully improving still, doing what I'm doing smile.gif I have experts in diabetes around me too from a Center for Diabetes at the hospital (and not just my regular doctor), and they're absolutely telling me I do "something" right, whatever that is. If it was going in the wrong direction it might have been time to change course.

I 100% know you meant well, but I've tried those things before and they didn't work for me on a mental level, but I'm now happy to seemingly having found a road that's right for me. And as long as that is towards success (for me) then I'm happy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 26 2021, 02:04 AM

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jul 26 2021, 10:02 AM
Learning Tone Master
I'd have guessed you two are twins biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 26 2021, 03:48 AM) *
Finding what works for you can be the hardest thing as everyone is a bit different. I've started taking much longer walks with my little dog to try to get in a bit better shape. I'm not a huge fan of going to the gym either so it's good to have something to do that just fits in with regular life. smile.gif It's great that you are playing football again. Keep it up!

Here is a pic of my brother and I from 2007. If I could get back to around that shape/size I'd be happy smile.gif Im on the right hand side. Some folks say we look a lot alike.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 26 2021, 10:39 AM
We used to get that quite a bit actually smile.gif

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jul 26 2021, 05:02 AM) *
I'd have guessed you two are twins biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 31 2021, 02:55 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm part way through my fat loss journey too.

The cycling has helped, but now I'm logging all my food trying to hit / stay below certain macros.
I've just joined back up to the gym, one of my best friends works there so it's good to see him more as well as the added accountability. I used to be a complete gym rat and was in my best shape about 6 years go before depression, anxiety and marital issues kicked in.

I was around 87 kg at my heaviest and looking to get down to 70kg with decent body composition I'm currently at ~81kg.

Being single again is good motivation as it the fact I hit 48 this week.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335
Ax8

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jul 31 2021, 03:52 PM
Learning Roadie
I never had problems with my weight but I try to live a healthy life as much as possible.

So I tend to focus on 2 things:

1. What I eat.

The general rule I follow here is that I eat foods that are rich in nutrients, not in calories, so I think about food as fuel.
So I can find a lot of healthy foods that I like as much as unhealthy foods, and that's why I can choose the healthy foods.
Once I eat the healthy foods there is no room for the unhealthy foods.

The idea is to choose something healthy that you like.

2. Choose sports that you like.
For me is: Weight Lifting, Hiking and Swimming.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 31 2021, 10:32 PM
Im also trying to drop a bit of weight per doctors orders. It's never easy, but just like guitar, it's a process. smile.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 31 2021, 09:55 AM) *
I'm part way through my fat loss journey too.

The cycling has helped, but now I'm logging all my food trying to hit / stay below certain macros.
I've just joined back up to the gym, one of my best friends works there so it's good to see him more as well as the added accountability. I used to be a complete gym rat and was in my best shape about 6 years go before depression, anxiety and marital issues kicked in.

I was around 87 kg at my heaviest and looking to get down to 70kg with decent body composition I'm currently at ~81kg.

Being single again is good motivation as it the fact I hit 48 this week.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2021 - 11:33 AM