8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Misterm's Bootcamp, Prepare to walk knee deep in blood of your enemy!!!
Manu RASSE
Jun 9 2019, 04:40 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

Thank you

Here misiion 11 and 12
On M#11 I try to move my thumb
Sometimes, it move sometimes it freeze, step by step day by day biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jun 9 2019, 04:40 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 10 2019, 03:44 AM
GMC:er
MISSION 10 DEBRIEF!!!

This is a tricky beast of a finger twisting Mission and you took it on with grace and skill. Well played! Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

*THAT SYNCHING FEELING: it's critical that each pick strike matches up with a fretted note. You have to stick the landing each and every time, which you do!!

*MUTE OR DIE: you gotta keep a good palm mute on this guy or string noise will just wreck it. Your mute is spot on.

*AGGRESSIVE STYLE: This is a hard lick to play. You jumped right in and pushed the envelope and still kept it under control. Nice!!! In short you just....

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

Sarge

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 10 2019, 05:59 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

Thank you

Here the mission 13

I’ve a trouble with double alternate picking. I think the problem came from my elbow.
On 100 and 110 BPM, the amplitude of my right hand is too large and my elbow is mobile.
I'll work to this point slowly to fix the problem

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jun 10 2019, 06:04 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 11 2019, 03:00 AM
You are playing this quite well. It's VERY tricky. You dont' miss a note/strike. Just from a quick view this one will be a badge up for sure. You are still playing very well with wrist control and are barely using any forearm movement at all. There is always room for improvement on picking, but I must say you have very solid technique. Best of all your pick hand is not tensing up. That's Key to good foundational technique.

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 10 2019, 12:59 PM) *
Hi Sarge

Thank you

Here the mission 13

I’ve a trouble with double alternate picking. I think the problem came from my elbow.
On 100 and 110 BPM, the amplitude of my right hand is too large and my elbow is mobile.
I'll work to this point slowly to fix the problem

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 11 2019, 03:27 AM
MISSION 11 DEBRIEF!!!!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR
LOOPY: I use lots of "Looping licks" when I teach. The goal of this is to make you a CONSISTENT player. Part of what I'm trying to teach you is Playing like a Robot in order to Shred Like a God.
NON STOP TRAVERSE: This lick traverses strings and frets non stop. Partially to build endurance, partially to get your hands accustomed to playing long sequences of notes. This will serve you well when we start doing very long scale runs.
ARTICULATION: You are doing a very good job of articulating the pick keep that up!! As you continue to improve your finger articulation you will notice that you use less and less of the elbow and even less wrist. Eventually, you will be able to use just your thumb/finger for any speed up to your full SHRED speed limit at which point you will add some wrist
smile.gif

You are doing GREAT soldier. You are starting out with some of the best playing I've ever seen here in bootcamp. Every student starts at a different level. The course is built so that anyone can start and finish it. Those who are further along can get more out of it as they can focus on technique. You are bringing a LOT to it which is great.

You've got this down pat Soldier!! You just...
LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image
Sarge

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 9 2019, 11:40 AM) *
Hi Sarge

Thank you

Here misiion 11 and 12
On M#11 I try to move my thumb
Sometimes, it move sometimes it freeze, step by step day by day biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 11 2019, 03:29 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2019, 08:34 AM
MISSION 12 DEBRIEF!!!
MEDALS OF HONOR
ALT PICK OF DESTINY: Alt Picking is a big part of "Shredding". I have a LOT of alt picking drills in bootcamp. Without good alt picking technique, this lick won't work. It's the kind of thing you just cant play with all downstrokes and have it work well. Your Alt picking technique is top notch! Nice!!
MULTI PICK OF DOOM: Welcome to Multi Picking from Hell!! It takes some getting used to but it's a powerful technique. It works on any lick. Well done!
PINKY TIME: Good use of the pinky here! On the lower frets, Pinky Power is crucial.

The "slide" is another great way to add something to single string work. You got it spot on! The only thing I'd say to try is a bit heavier of a palm mute from time to time to give these licks more of a "chunky" and percussive feel. When played with a heavy palm mute, these licks sound different than when played with a light mute. Well done on the pinch harmonics as well!

You krushed it and ..

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Sarge

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 14 2019, 03:24 AM
MISSION 13 DEBRIEF!!!

Soldier I"m impressed! ! This is a tricky bit to be sure. You have great technique on display here. The only issue is near the end where it's really fast, I see that you sort of lose the wrist and start picking from the elbow. This is not enough to keep you from badging up as you play the piece just fine and you can pick any way you like. Just something to be aware of. It seems like your arm is still getting stiff as you speed up. This also prevents you from keeping a solid palm mute as the entire hand is moving along with the arm. Let's debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

*TACTICAL PRECISION: Precision is the key to everything and you are very precise. Each strike matches up with a note.

*STEADY PACE: Didn't rush, didn't lag. This is something people often struggle with. They end up playing easier bits fast and tougher bits slow. Not you!! Smooth as glass.

*QUIET AS DEATH: On these types of licks that use all the strings, it's very hard to keep it from generating string noise. Not a problem here!

You ticked every box I was looking for in this Mission!!

Well fought Soldier! You just..
LEVELED UP!!!
You just graduated to the DOUBLE CHEVRON BADGE!!! Super Congrats!!

Attached Image
Sarge

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 26 2019, 06:01 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

I'm starting to work last guido's lesson : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/11-Spi...ing-Rock-Licks/
162 BPM will be a challenge for me.

Several licks are very difficult, I will take my time.

Mission 14 after 1rst July,
I 'm in Holiday.... No gear to make a video, I took just my guitar and THR10C amp

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jun 26 2019, 06:07 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2019, 09:23 PM
No worries Soldier!!!! Enjoy your vacation!! A bit of Sun is good for the soul! smile.gif Bootcamp will be here when you get back!
Sarge
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 26 2019, 01:01 PM) *
Hi Sarge

I'm starting to work last guido's lesson : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/11-Spi...ing-Rock-Licks/
162 BPM will be a challenge for me.

Several licks are very difficult, I will take my time.

Mission 14 after 1rst July,
I 'm in Holiday.... No gear to make a video, I took just my guitar and THR10C amp

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jul 12 2019, 04:12 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

I work this one since few weeks.
I'm not proud but I can't make better for a moment.
Palm muting like you is hard

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jul 12 2019, 04:13 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 13 2019, 12:29 AM
IMPRESSIVE WORK SOLDIER!! This is much harder than it look as I'm sure you found out. It's all about learning to keep a solid palm mute (the open string licks all require full bridge mutes as they take the left hand out of the equation during open string strikes). You do a fine job here of keeping your mute while keeping good hand synch and keeping a smooth flowing pace.
This is a LOT of stuff to put together at one time. Well done on getting it to work! This lick works on every string and you can use any scale you like with a root note on one of the six open strings. I can see you have put in the time to be able to play this with skill and confidence. The more you put in, the more you will get out smile.gif

Let's Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*PICKING-This is all about single string picking technique. So firstly I'm looking at your picking. Good news is your picking is improving with each Mission. Keep going and try to adapt along the way. Take the left hand off the guitar and focus on the picking hand only to work on isolating the pick strikes. Keep the wrist as loose as possible. Keep it up!

*TIMING-Timing is crucial in this lick. It's the second thing I look for on this one. If the timing is bad, the lick does not work. It's got to be played with solid timing and your timing is very good!

*DIFFERENT STRINGS-Traverse is the third thing I look for here and you traversed very well. You showed you can play this on any string and keep the mute.

In short, your work has paid off. You've added to your guitar skills in a big way. Keep it up!!!
You just.. LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

Looking forward to your next Mission!

Sarge

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jul 12 2019, 11:12 AM) *
Hi Sarge

I work this one since few weeks.
I'm not proud but I can't make better for a moment.
Palm muting like you is hard

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 13 2019, 12:34 AM

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jul 14 2019, 04:02 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

Thank you smile.gif

I work on Mission 15
Also, I put this lesson on REC Section

I hope that you love it

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jul 14 2019, 04:02 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 14 2019, 07:04 PM
Impressive take on that REC! I'll pop over and give some feedback. Please do continue to share your rec takes in this thread so I don't miss them!! This is really well played. You have very much improved your right hand picking/muting technique. You are picking from the wrist, as is appropriate, NOT from the elbow, so you are able to keep a good mute and keep picking. This has string skipping in it, so keeping a good mute is key. Poor right hand technique would make this impossible to play.
Sarge

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jul 14 2019, 11:02 AM) *
Hi Sarge

Thank you smile.gif

I work on Mission 15
Also, I put this lesson on REC Section

I hope that you love it

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jul 19 2019, 07:40 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi sarge

Thank you for grade and comment smile.gif

Here M#15 & 16

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2019, 06:20 AM
IMPRESSIVE!!!! Let's look at 15. I can see control and movement in your wrist that I didn't see when you started these. The good thing about many of these is that they almost force you to learn to play with the wrist so that you can keep your palm mute. That's why I start throwing in open strings and traverse. Left hand mute won't save any Soldier this deep in the woods. You are kicking butt and taking names Soldier! Let's Debrief!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*Sweep Shape: The shape is the most important part. If you can't get your hand to stretch, this lick falls apart. The good news is your stretch is great!! you show really good reach on this. Nice!

*Follow Up: I put a wide triad bit against a scale bit and it forces the hand to adapt. You adapted quite well!
[/size]
*Precision: Precision separates the Men from the Boys Soldier! you show great hand synch and precision. Well played!

Congrats Soldier!! You have very solid technique growing here! keep it up! You just..

[size=4]LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
Sarge
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jul 19 2019, 02:40 PM) *
Hi sarge

Thank you for grade and comment smile.gif

Here M#15 & 16

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 21 2019, 04:40 AM
MISSION 16 DEBRIEF!!

MEDALS OF HONOR
*SOLID MUTE: Lots of string traverse so I'm looking at the palm mute. You have a great mute. It's getting better each time.

*SYNCH OR SWIM: Each note has a pick strike. If you miss one strike, it falls apart. Good news is you never miss! Not even when DOUBLE PICKING! Nice.

*ARTICULATION: Well done on your pick articulation. Also getting better each time. Very clean and using the wrist more than the elbow! YOU JUST LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image
Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 21 2019, 04:44 AM

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jul 28 2019, 04:45 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

Here Mission 17
Difficult to understand the beat on your video because your playing is more speed
I made a tab "triplet 70 BPM", you can upload on mission 17 for help other guitarist smile.gif

Tab Mission 17

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jul 28 2019, 04:52 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 29 2019, 01:49 AM
WELL DONE!! This is a full on SHRED lick. I didn't expect you to be able to play it this fast and this clean! I'm adding a Guitar Pro 5 Version and picture for compatibility and will add it as PART III to the Mission 17 page. Thanks very much for creating this. I used the fast vid to try to motivate people to work toward speed. I think I need to put a slow version on there as well.

Attached File  mission_17_part3.gp5 ( 2.24K ) Number of downloads: 393

Attached Image

Let's Debrief!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*SOLID MUTE: Without a good palm mute, this just sounds like sloppy noise. Good news is you have a great palm mute and it's all very distinct!!
*SYNCH OR SWIM: Playing at this speed requires tight hand synch. Lose your synch and it falls apart. Your synch is tight as a drum!!
*ARTICULATION: Moving the pick with control and confidence. Well done. Using the wrist and not picking from the elbow. Some folks actually encourage picking from the elbow. I'm not one of those folks. The elbow picking just lacks the precision that wrist/finger articulation can provide imho. It's like trying to paint or draw with a brush thats as long as your arm and holding it as far away from the tip as possible. It's just not as precise as using a smaller brush.
You just. LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

Onward!!!
Sarge
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jul 28 2019, 11:45 AM) *
Hi Sarge

Here Mission 17
Difficult to understand the beat on your video because your playing is more speed
I made a tab "triplet 70 BPM", you can upload on mission 17 for help other guitarist smile.gif

Tab Mission 17

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 29 2019, 04:05 AM

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 2 2019, 03:35 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Todd

for this one I wanted to work on a form of composition.
I respected the chord bar, I hope that you will find it fun.

you will surely recognize a great movie theme

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 2 2019, 03:41 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 3 2019, 04:26 AM
Well played Soldier!!! You clearly have no problem composing and soloing over a composition. That is what this Mission is all about. I provide a backing just in case folks don't want to create their own. I'm glad to see that you are able to build a backing from scratch and then compose a lead over top of it. Beyond that, you display really good technique the entire time. Let's Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR
This debrief is less about bullet points than about a discussion. Each solo is quite different so there isn't any one thing in particular I'm looking for other than the ability to play a musical sounding solo over a backing. You KRUSHED IT!!!! The backing itself is very well produced and very well composed and played. As for the lead, I enjoy your tone differences that you used and I really am impressed with the quality of your vibrato. Vibrato is the one thing that separates the men from the boys IMHO. If one has weak vibrato, one is simply limited to being a weaker player. Vibrato is one of the most expressive things about playing guitar and being able to bend to pitch and then use vibrato in a tasteful way is key to being a well rounded player. Your bends to pitch were spot on and your vibrato is killer. Also, well done on not picking from the elbow, your pick articulation improves with each mission. I've seen some great progress from you Soldier!! keep it up!!!
You just..
LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

Well fought!! I look forward to seeing your next Missions. You are about to badge up to the Next Chevron Level!
Sarge
QUOTE (MisterM @ Aug 2 2019, 10:35 AM) *
Hi Todd

for this one I wanted to work on a form of composition.
I respected the chord bar, I hope that you will find it fun.

you will surely recognize a great movie theme

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:01 AM