Mastodon
ragefist
Feb 26 2008, 05:58 AM
GMC:er
First of all I'd like to say that there are not many metal bands that I really listen to a lot but Mastodon is one of those bands that I love every single track on every cd they have. They aren't all that popular but they definately make some good music with a lot of quality guitar work. If you haven't heard them before I would definately check them out. Their style is kind of like progressive metal though I've heard some people call it stoner metal.

If you are new to them I would recommend their latest album "blood mountain" or their second album "leviathan" (the whole leviathan album is based on the novel "Moby Dick" which I think is pretty cool) wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 26 2008, 11:03 AM
I love Mastodon but wasn't a huge fan of Leviathan. Love Remission and Blood Mountain though for sure.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 26 2008, 05:14 PM
Their drummer is incredible. He basically just plays fills the entire time ohmy.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Feb 26 2008, 08:54 PM
Mastodon Intro

LEGENDARY!!!!!

This post has been edited by Spreedmaster: Feb 26 2008, 08:55 PM

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 26 2008, 11:42 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Greatest intro to a movie ever....

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Feb 27 2008, 12:17 AM
mastadon rules.. and so does that intro.. im goin to see them .. soon.. with someone.. idk who tho sad.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2008, 02:09 AM
Instructor
I didn't listen to them. Any link for a starter? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 27 2008, 02:58 AM
I love Mastodon! I made a topic about them a while ago with links: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=9579

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2008, 03:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Feb 26 2008, 10:58 PM) *
I love Mastodon! I made a topic about them a while ago with links: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=9579

Thanks! I'm listening to Mother Puncher now and it rocks! It sound with some stoner influences... am I right? The drummer is so good. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 27 2008, 02:00 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 27 2008, 03:11 AM) *
Thanks! I'm listening to Mother Puncher now and it rocks! It sound with some stoner influences... am I right? The drummer is so good. smile.gif

Yes! Actually Josh Homme from Kyuss has done a couple of guest appearences on thier albums.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 27 2008, 02:08 PM
I like everything about them, except the drummer. I cant understand why everyone loves the drumming in that band.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 27 2008, 05:23 PM
Instructor
Mastodon is one of my favourite bands at the moment, "Blood Mountain" got me hooked! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Feb 27 2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah, Mastodon are great, haven't listened to them in a while though, but they are really super awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2008, 06:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Feb 27 2008, 10:00 AM) *
Yes! Actually Josh Homme from Kyuss has done a couple of guest appearences on thier albums.

That explains it all. I loved Kyuss!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Feb 27 2008, 06:54 PM
Instructor
Hey, I saw a some videos and listened a few songs and I like it!! They are great, I need more!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 27 2008, 09:02 PM
Here you go Pablo
Shameless MySpace plug... Mastodon
Normal Website... http://www.mastodonrocks.com/

Gabriel, if you love Kyuss I think you'd love Mastodon even more, they are like Stoner-Prog, all of their albums are great, can't go wrong with any(even though Lifesblood/Call of the Mastodon is pretty rough sounding, it was their first album). Although their latest album Blood Mountain is the most accessible, because they don't scream that much.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ragefist
Mar 3 2008, 08:08 PM
I heard they are gonna start recording again soon. I can't wait to hear another new album from them, it seems like they get better with every album. I haven't seen them live yet but I will next time they come!

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 4 2008, 02:52 PM
For the US based fans, they'll be on Mayhem Fest w/ slipknot disturbed and Dragonforce and a cast of thousands... check out www.mayhemfest.com

<3 for Atlanta based rockers!

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Mar 4 2008, 04:09 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Mar 4 2008, 07:52 AM) *
For the US based fans, they'll be on Mayhem Fest w/ slipknot disturbed and Dragonforce and a cast of thousands... check out www.mayhemfest.com

<3 for Atlanta based rockers!

I don't know if it'd be worth putting up with Slipknot and Disturbed. dry.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Mar 4 2008, 04:30 PM
I gotta say that the intro to March of the Fireants have to be one of the meanest I've ever heard! Say them live in Gothenburg, Sweden last year btw. They were the best band of the night (Among Mustasch, Hardcore Superstars, Meshuggah and Machinehead)

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:53 PM