A Texas Groove
Staffy
Jul 11 2010, 05:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
The funny thing with this song was that I wrote it just before it was a Texas shuffle lesson here on GMC, then the other day I saw the lesson. I might be waited some day before I wrote it.... laugh.gif

Anyway, the song is built on a minor blues with some re-harmonization and some rhytm twists here and here. Also it shifts between a riff in straight 4/4 and the shuffle and has a modulation in the middle.

This recording was done in my "Studio C", eg. my laptop and E-MU 04/04 on the porch. (Studio B is actually the same bout incoorporates a pair of speakers and is located inside the house....Studio A i showever the basement.... biggrin.gif )

Since Im in a hurry to present this song for the other guys in my band before the recording we're gonna make on tuesday, the guitar sounds awful and some serious mistakes applies...

Any comment are most welcome !

//Staffay

notes: the bass was recorded with my MIDI-guitar and Roland VG-99 played live. Drums are EZ-Drums with some programming to make the patterns fit the song.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Staffy: Jul 11 2010, 05:17 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Texas_v.1.mp3 ( 8.08MB ) Number of downloads: 185

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 11 2010, 05:16 PM
GMC:er
where can we hear it

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 11 2010, 05:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jul 11 2010, 06:16 PM) *
where can we hear it

Sorry, my account was full, its there above now!!!

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 11 2010, 06:16 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey this sounds great Staffy! Love listening to your recordings smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 11 2010, 10:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 11 2010, 07:16 PM) *
Hey this sounds great Staffy! Love listening to your recordings smile.gif

Thx Bogdan! Programming shuffle never gets good though imo. It will swing a lot more with some live musicians playing - and they will on tuesday !!! smile.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Jul 12 2010, 10:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
Nice one staffy! always good to hear some blooz!!

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Jul 12 2010, 11:19 AM
Flamenco Instructor
Sounds really great!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 12 2010, 08:49 PM
Jazz Instructor
Good recording, very well! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 12 2010, 11:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thx guy's ! But tomorrow, nah today, I'm gonna play it with LIVE musicians, recording in the studio! smile.gif
I'm very thrilled of that !

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Jul 14 2010, 09:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jul 12 2010, 11:22 PM) *
Thx guy's ! But tomorrow, nah today, I'm gonna play it with LIVE musicians, recording in the studio! smile.gif
I'm very thrilled of that !

//Staffay

you gonna record it mate? staffy and the blues band from hell, live from the basement!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 14 2010, 10:18 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (sted @ Jul 14 2010, 10:22 AM) *
you gonna record it mate? staffy and the blues band from hell, live from the basement!! tongue.gif

Yeah, we tried to, but ran out of time ...... but we got three other songs recorded. smile.gif
Btw. the band is not from Hell, they are from Sweden - if that would make any difference.... cool.gif
And no, the recording was made at a top-quality studio. smile.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 14 2010, 09:31 PM
Instructor
great song Staffay, it definitely deserves better recording

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:55 AM