Song Help
draftzero
Mar 19 2009, 11:57 PM
GMC:er
Ok i've been playing this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpTfX1HqOqk...feature=related

but i can't seem to get the same sound that the guy does... i do the hammer on thing (E to A), but the strumming sound... where it is kinda scratchy when he plays the E... can't seem to mimic it...

Any advice to mimic that effect?

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 20 2009, 12:08 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmm I'm not sure what effect are you trying to get...Scratchy sound comes from hard pick + muted strings that are not played in the chord or possibly playing some muted strums (just loose your left hand chord grip in order to produce muted dead notes sound).Of course you can do that only for a short strum or two and then continue pressuring to play chords.You can try playing with this to get some different dynamics.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Mar 20 2009, 12:09 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
draftzero
Mar 20 2009, 01:16 AM
GMC:er
BLEH.... thats it! hahah... why didn't i think of that....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:27 AM