2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Going To See Apocalyptica In 1 Hr!
Cosmin Lupu
May 13 2012, 04:43 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! Just wanted to share the joy of going to see an amazing group of musicians this evening! I am talking about Apocalyptica smile.gif the dudes playing metal without guitars!

These guys have been around for quite sometime now and they had cool collaborations with artists such as Sandra Nasic from Guano Apes and Corey Taylor from Slipknot/ Stone Sour!

My girl has to make pics and come out with a concert review so, I'll have some stuff for you guys as well wink.gif

Until then, enjoy this great piece of music:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 13 2012, 04:51 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
That's awesome, enjoy the show!
I always liked Apocalyptica, it's amazing what they can do with their instruments.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 13 2012, 10:46 PM
GMC:er
You'll have a blast they don't do much but sit/stand/head-bang but it has a great presence.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 13 2012, 11:09 PM
Instructor
Amazing Cosmin! This band is really cool! I hope you have a great time!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 14 2012, 09:32 AM
Instructor
Soooooo.... Mr Lupu ! How was it ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2012, 10:08 AM
Instructor
biggrin.gif Mr Higgins! Well, imagine 4 Finnish dudes (3 cellists and 1 drummer) all over the place LITERALLY laugh.gif

There are few rock bands that can put up such a show, honestly. The thing is, they had those big cellos which are not the easiest things to carry around and they kept running all over the stage while playing in all sorts of cello-awkward positions.

They performed several covers from Metallica and Sepultura, aside from their own songs and a few classical music pieces.

The nicest thing which I observed, was the fact that they are using guitar amplification and effects for their cellos, so I decided to do a little research on this matter and I have found a few details on the main cellist's rig (his name is Eicca Toppinen)

Crazy Cello Rig

Pictures will come tonight biggrin.gif

Cosmin

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ May 13 2012, 09:46 PM) *
You'll have a blast they don't do much but sit/stand/head-bang but it has a great presence.

Travis, believe me man, they barely sat laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 14 2012, 10:12 AM
Instructor
A Cello rig with a Peavey 6505 !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2012, 10:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 14 2012, 09:12 AM) *

EXACTLY biggrin.gif And come to think of it, I remember seeing it there tongue.gif I'll scour through the pics this evening to see if I got some with the hardware tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
May 15 2012, 10:51 AM
Have you SEEN Them neighhbour? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: May 15 2012, 10:51 AM

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 15 2012, 12:21 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 14 2012, 05:08 AM) *
biggrin.gif Mr Higgins! Well, imagine 4 Finnish dudes (3 cellists and 1 drummer) all over the place LITERALLY laugh.gif

There are few rock bands that can put up such a show, honestly. The thing is, they had those big cellos which are not the easiest things to carry around and they kept running all over the stage while playing in all sorts of cello-awkward positions.

Travis, believe me man, they barely sat laugh.gif

Wish they would have moved when I saw them a few years back, they just sat in their chairs the whole time doing the windmill. But I still loved it, they played Metallica and Slayer when I went.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 15 2012, 03:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 14 2012, 06:12 AM) *

haaa yeah, this is the first thing that surprised me! ohmy.gif

Can't wait for the pics! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2012, 07:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ May 15 2012, 09:51 AM) *
Have you SEEN Them neighhbour? tongue.gif

Yes, yes I did neighbor biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Zoot
May 17 2012, 09:16 AM
Awesome! I still think their version of "In The Hall Of The Mountain King" is fantastic.

smile.gif Z.

--------------------
That which doesn't kill us...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2012, 07:30 AM
Instructor
Oh yes yes! They played that one biggrin.gif Here are some pics, my friends:

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 18 2012, 07:44 AM
Instructor
Fantastic pics C-Man !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2012, 07:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 18 2012, 06:44 AM) *
Fantastic pics C-Man !! biggrin.gif

Thanks B! My girl is responsible tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2012, 07:10 PM
Instructor
Awesome pics!! The attitude of those guys is killer! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
May 18 2012, 07:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Hmm, I remember hearing an anecdote about some four or so guys at a company's Christmas party (which at least here in Finland means getting wasted and embarrassing yourselves) who were standing in an elevator, somewhat drunk, and had this joke about playing some Metallica covers with cellos... and the rest, folks, is history. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 19 2012, 02:40 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
That is awesome! I love how metal they look. They rock those chellos.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 19 2012, 11:09 AM
Instructor
You should definitely see them live biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:02 PM