Changing The Time In Logic Pro?
Angelica
Apr 16 2008, 03:46 PM
GMC:er
I have just installed on my Macbook LogicPro 8.0.1.
works very near to Garageband, with more professional tips.... but I have a very banal problem: I just can't change the tempo, for example, I try to change it from 120 bpm (default) to 160 bpm.... and nothing happens.
when I go to the instructions and see "change tempo" it only appears a very complicated window where it suggests me to change the accents, or something....
I just want to make it faster or slower!!
Can anybody help me?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Angelica: Apr 16 2008, 03:53 PM

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 16 2008, 05:07 PM
Instructor
Have you tried to use help of the program. Sometimes you can learn a lot from there. Just go on help and type change tempo. I'm sure there is that in the help smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 16 2008, 07:01 PM
Instructor
if you are using a VST i think you cannt change the tempo you have to go back to midi then change the tempo then going to VST
VST = synthi rack vertual wav

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 16 2008, 09:31 PM
Singing Instructor
@ Ivan,you are right man,help like an option is a great way to learn a bout the prog...
Angelica,you have one of the best DAW's in the world,I am so jealous..smile.gif
I hope you solve your problem....

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Apr 17 2008, 11:54 AM
QUOTE (Angelica @ Apr 16 2008, 04:46 PM) *
I have just installed on my Macbook LogicPro 8.0.1.
works very near to Garageband, with more professional tips.... but I have a very banal problem: I just can't change the tempo, for example, I try to change it from 120 bpm (default) to 160 bpm.... and nothing happens.
when I go to the instructions and see "change tempo" it only appears a very complicated window where it suggests me to change the accents, or something....
I just want to make it faster or slower!!
Can anybody help me?

I've never had this problem myself on Logic. But lets see if we can sort it out.

I guess you know the drill on how to do if you want to make a timeshift, if not, there's two ways.

1: Changing in the dock on the bottom of the window.
Attached Image
here's a pic of the dock. and where you'll change the time. you just simply click on the 120 (110) on mine and drag the mouse up if you want to increase and down if you want to decrease.

2: Changing it in the "global tracks"
Attached Image
You just click "Global Tracks" and then you get the options in changing "Marker" "Signature" and "Tempo" then just do as in option 1 drag the line on tempo up to increase and so on.

If these two options doesn't work, then i really can't help you unless I have your computer in front of me.
but there can be another solution.

just open a new score. change to desired tempo, and then just drag the tracks from the old score to the new one. (note, this only work with midi tracks. Cause the audio tracks can't be timecorrected into another tempo, well they can but the audio tracks will sound crappy and digital.

Hope you solve the problem.

This post has been edited by Patrik Jezierski: Apr 17 2008, 12:02 PM

+Quote Post
Angelica
Apr 17 2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Patrik thank you so much!! I didn't see that "global tracks" tip... tongue.gif
Think I have succesfully managed it!!
Thank you again
Angie

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Apr 17 2008, 10:13 PM
QUOTE (Angelica @ Apr 17 2008, 10:07 PM) *
Hey Patrik thank you so much!! I didn't see that "global tracks" tip... tongue.gif
Think I have succesfully managed it!!
Thank you again
Angie

No problemo smile.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 18 2008, 08:00 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I'm thinking about buying myself a Mac again and start with Logic (poor Cubase... I'm sorry!) so this helped me a bit too, thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:58 PM