> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Socky42's Music Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2017, 08:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky! Great choice! I think that you'll be able to create a killer version of this track.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
Mar 10 2017, 10:53 PM
GMC:er
Instead of using a midi file for the base like I usually do, I think I'm gonna try transcribing it all myself. Doesn't seem too tough of a track and it'll be good ear training.

Think I'm gonna hold off on releasing this publicly for a couple days, there's a new update for the game coming out soon and it'll get more attention then.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2017, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! It sounds and look great! I loved the submits done by all those guests! I also think that the lead melody sounds more present and clearer now. Saving this to be published after the game stuff is a good move.

I had a nice meeting with an old friend, and he told me that he was working making music for video games, and that he was doing an online course offered by Hans Zimmer about making film score music. I've checked some parts and it's really interesting. Have you seen it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Mar 12 2017, 02:07 AM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/ffvii-test

Only done the first couple sections but how is this for the basic feel of the track? Tough to write drums that fit at 0:18 to 0:23; once I add in some transition sounds it'll flow a lot better.

And yeah I've actually got a copy of the Hans Zimmer Masterclass haha. Not watched every part yet but it's interesting, goes through his mindset when writing more than technical "use this chord and these notes".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2017, 11:20 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky, the overall feel of the arrangement is great. The transition sounds weird now. I can't imagine how drums will be to make it sounds natural. What's happening with tempo there?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Mar 13 2017, 02:31 AM
Nothing, tempo stays the same and notewise I'm sure it's the same as the original, I've been transcribing so it matches an mp3 of it; maybe I'll just take out that weird stop-start riff it has and try something else.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2017, 02:29 PM
Instructor
Yeah, there is something weird sounding there. Try to work on that transition to make it more natural. The other parts sound great.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Mar 15 2017, 11:53 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/ffvii-test2

It's getting there, I'll add a solo section after this and another repeat of the main section and that should be it.
Still got some drums to write but I think I've got the basic structure down.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2017, 11:43 PM
Instructor
It's totally fantastic! So you've recorded the arrangements or used a midi track?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Mar 17 2017, 12:04 AM
Most of it is recorded by me, single note melody's and bass notes are easy enough. For percussion I record a rough track then clean it up with a mouse and add in extra notes. I struggle a lot with transcribing chords, had to use a midi file as reference for the stacked horn parts at 0:19 to 0:22.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 17 2017, 01:49 PM
Instructor
VERY interesting mate! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Apr 2 2017, 01:24 PM
Putting this on hold for now, trying to get some videos out for some more recent things; shows, games etc.

Think I can do some hybrid orchestral/metal version for this anime opening.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2017, 09:53 PM
Instructor
That's awesome! The tune is so EPIC, it's very power metal style.

Have you thought in inviting a singer for any of your arrangements?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Apr 6 2017, 06:25 PM
I have considered vocalists just to make some different types of videos rather than guitar ones but I don't really know any.

https://soundcloud.com/socky42/testop

How does this sound? I know the bit where everything cuts out around 0:56 sounds weird, still figuring out how to make that work.

And does the guitar tone for the transition at 1:11 work?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2017, 01:41 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, how are you?

I couldn't check this at my studio yet but from what I can hear here, I don't note any problematic areas. The arrangements sounds consistent and even the part at 00:56 feel good, and it maybe need any mixing trick to make it sound more interesting.

This sounds promising.

About the singers, what about start contacting singing youtubers? Maybe you could do some kind of collab in the future. Also, Kristofer Dahl is a great singer.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Apr 14 2017, 04:19 PM
Gonna be away for a couple weeks then have my last exams at university but I'm gonna keep an eye out for some good vocalist tracks to do. Nothing on the radio has really caught my ear yet though!

Want to do some more movie score remixes too while I'm at it, just so I can practice my orchestration and sound design stuff a bit more like this track from Requiem for a Dream.

My custom Skervesen guitar should be arriving around June/July time and to demo it I thought I'd do this track from DOOM. Originally on an 8 string but I'm sure I can tune down. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 17 2017, 02:13 PM
Instructor
It's awesome how powerful a soundtrack can be. I listen to that Requiem for a dream tune and I get chills. That movie is so deep and good. I think that it's a great choice. smile.gif

It's also exciting to know that your new guitar is coming and that you already have a project for her.

It's awesome how powerful a soundtrack can be. I listen to that Requiem for a dream tune and I get chills. That movie is so deep and good. I think that it's a great choice. smile.gif

It's also exciting to know that your new guitar is coming and that you already have a project for her.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
May 4 2017, 11:01 PM
I've begun arranging the Requiem for a Dream track; gonna have some ambient heavy reverb/delay clean guitar in the intro. Still need to figure out what I want for the rest. laugh.gif
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/requiemdreammidi/s-0zMpr

Probably won't be able to finish this till the end of May, have exams all month unfortunately.

Finally got a new update on my guitar; finished the painting process!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=747376

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 5 2017, 02:25 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky, it's awesome how cool your guitar is looking! I love the painting finish. Congrats!

The arrangement sounds very promising. Keep going.

And good luck with the exams.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
May 12 2017, 09:58 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/requiemdreammidi/s-aA86x

Got the intro and first 'theme' sections done. Do you think it lasts too long from 0:38 to 1:13? It is a pretty repetitive melody, added some staccato groove to it to make it more interesting. Drums are just looped with no fills right now but that's the general feel I'm going for.

Think I'll keep it mainly to just Guitars/Bass/Drum Kit and only use the big orchestral hits/fx to emphasis the beat like at 1:14 onwards. Keeps the mix cleaner.

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:19 PM