> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Jouve's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 19 2012, 04:56 PM
Instructor
Hi Jouve!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jouve
Dec 23 2012, 03:08 PM
Learning Roadie
So, Hello Gabriel thanks for letting me join your Army, hope i'll be a good student.
My musical tastes are mostly 70-80 rock stuff, but I also like some not very extreme metal. Also i'm quite into classical music and some pop. But like to discover music beyond my usual tracklist.
The guitar influences: Ritchie Blackmore, Vinnie moore, Satch, Marty Friedman, Andre Olbrich and other awesome guitarists.
+
I think that i can learn riffs and solos by ear, maybe with some practice and some slowing down but usually i uptake very quickly.
I'm self-critical.
I seem to be into guitar a lot smile.gif

-
Timing issues.
Lots of dirt.
Weak alternative picking.
Very weak legato.
Can not do bending vibrato
I'm not very creative

Goals:
1. To save timing and feel till the end of the song.
2. Boost my left hand abilities
3. Make my playing more clean.
4. Get that creativity to record backings and songs(with drum vst)

Well i don't have a camera by the hand so i'll post some soundcloud stuff.
1.This is my entry audio for Ben's Schwarz collab https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/schwarz-collab-final-full
2.This is my REC take German power metal edguy https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/german-pow...etal-edguy-take
3.And here is my sloppy jamming over the UFO too hot to handle backing https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/too-hot-to-handle-test

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 23 2012, 05:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Jouve!! How are you? Thanks for all this info! Let's start working. The idea is that we select some lessons weekly to master and upload to the REC program, work on technique exercises, and also choose any of the opened collabs to work on solo composing.

For this first week, I was thinking on starting with these two things:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42825
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch/

Let me know what you think! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Dec 23 2012, 06:19 PM
Learning Roadie
It seems like lots of hard work, but I like it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 24 2012, 05:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Dec 23 2012, 02:19 PM) *
It seems like lots of hard work, but I like it wink.gif

Excellent! Please keep me updated! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Dec 26 2012, 12:34 PM
Learning Roadie
How are you Gab?
So a little update on my practicing.

Thanks for warm up. It's very effective. I feel more control in my left hand movements. BTW, should what is the picking for the first exercise? Is it like sweeping action or just simple picking?
The second part goes very slow, cause my pinky is quite weak.
I do these exercises for 40 minutes a day .10 minutes for 1st ex. in 90 bmp, than for 10 minutes switching to 110. The same thing with second exercise.

Here is my hand synch take in 0.75 speed. I've increased it from 0.5 for these three days. It seems quite natural, but if i go faster it all screws up. Especially switching to simple notes from triplets.
Overall it seems to be off the beat
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/hand-synch-day-3-2
Uh, later did this take it sounds better, maybe.
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/hand-synch-day-3-4

Ivan.

This post has been edited by Jouve: Dec 26 2012, 01:13 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2012, 03:13 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! It's great to see you working hard! smile.gif Regarding the picking for the "Spider Exercise" both alternate picking and sweep picking can work. If you practice both would be better!

And about the Hand Sync lesson, I think that you are doing it very well! The last take just has some little timing issues but the overal sounds good and adjusted. Well done! Keep on working on this one! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Dec 30 2012, 09:37 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab. I think i'm not ready with hand synch yet. It's in 0,9 speed now but with some synchronizing issues at 0.26-0.30.Damn those triplets mad.gif
I'll work on it and as soon as I get it i'll post a final rec take.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmey9RjA2HU
Overall i'm ready for the second week task happy.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2012, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Ok mate, let's keep on working on the first two assignments. The Hand Sync lesson must be mastered yet, the ITC exercises should be part of your diary practice. And let's add this legato lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

and let's see what happens with bending and vibrato on this one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...String-Bending/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Jan 8 2013, 03:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello. How are you?
I'm still working on your assignment, so could you take a look on my practice.
Seems like I started to progress very slowly with legato. It's still very bad though. Raw take at 160 bmp in 8th.
Take 1
And the bending.
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/string-bending-take-1

This post has been edited by Jouve: Jan 8 2013, 03:36 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2013, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Jouve! You are doing a good job with the bending lesson. Keep on playing it since there are some bends that don't reach the pitch perfectly. It is very important to know if you notice it, if not, I recommend you to practice the lesson over the original lesson. And the legato is also evolving very good! I have nothing to comment about it, just keep on practising and try to be more relaxed while you are playing it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Jan 14 2013, 06:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gab!
I'm still working on that lessons.
But i decided to start practicing sweeps.The main problem is with the right hand movements. Could you please take a look? Uh, what's the secret? huh.gif
Link

This post has been edited by Jouve: Jan 14 2013, 06:38 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 15 2013, 06:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Jan 14 2013, 02:36 PM) *
Hello Gab!
I'm still working on that lessons.
But i decided to start practicing sweeps.The main problem is with the right hand movements. Could you please take a look? Uh, what's the secret? huh.gif
Link

Hi Jouve! Great to see you working on Sweep Picking! The first thing that I note in your video is that you are doing the movement with the arm while you should be doing it from your wrist, since your are not playing 6 strings. Try in that way and let me know how it feels!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Jan 15 2013, 06:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Uh ok, but it feels very awkward, and the pick sticks between the strings.
Link
Does it look more like that?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 15 2013, 07:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Jan 15 2013, 02:59 PM) *
Uh ok, but it feels very awkward, and the pick sticks between the strings.
Link
Does it look more like that?

yes, it's better now! Check this video and pay attention to John's right hand.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Jan 16 2013, 11:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the vid.
I'm also working on your new collab. Eh, what do you think about this ideas? A very raw ones wink.gif .
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/british-metal-pre-take-1

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2013, 12:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Jan 16 2013, 07:33 AM) *
Thanks for the vid.
I'm also working on your new collab. Eh, what do you think about this ideas? A very raw ones wink.gif .
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/british-metal-pre-take-1

Hey mate! Your ideas sound very original, I like it. You could continue exploring to keep on improving this one, but let me give you 3 comments to have in mind.

1. If you are going to entry this one, keep on practicing it, concentrating on the interpretation, to make it sound cooler, with enough vibrato, and phrasing tricks like slides, bends, etc.... this will take it to a new level. Please check the following video:

2. Review your tone, try different thing since it's a bit dirty... maybe setting the amp with less distortion and adding a pedal to get sustain (compressor, tube screamer, booster).

3. It seems that you are not using harmonic minor scale over the last chord as I said in the collab's thread, so there is one note (the 7th minor) that doesn't sound good.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Jan 26 2013, 04:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel.
I didn't update the thread for a week. blink.gif Shame on me. wink.gif
But i will publish that assignments this weekend i hope.
I've also started to work on these lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...-style-riffing/
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/arch-enemy-pre-take-1
BTW British metal take so far sound like this. I've tweaked a sound a bit, worked on the vibrato and came up with alternative ending lick. I'm almost sure it's in A harmonic minor rolleyes.gif
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/british-metal-take-3

This post has been edited by Jouve: Jan 27 2013, 10:58 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 27 2013, 08:01 PM
Instructor
Hi Jouve! I'm so proud of you mate! The new British metal take is great now! Everything is played very well and now all the notes fit perfect over the backing! Congrats! smile.gif

The rhythm lesson is ok, keep on practicing it concentrating one the faster sections where I note that your timing has some issues.

Keep on rocking. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 2 2013, 04:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab. I'm still working on that assignments, they're - well - hellish difficulty for me now.

Here is the bending lesson now. The second bend goes out of tune every time smile.gif And the vibrato also sucks.But I'm working on that and hope to make it all done - as i already understood - the technique work is a hard work of doing routine exercises to get a muscular memory.
Legato is quite similar.

So in addition to that tasks, uh could we also work on the composition and songwriting, because I've discovered that i can not really make something longer that the four bars. smile.gif I mean how to apply all that theory stuff into a real life piece.

Ok. The idea of this one is to have a straightforward melody on a synth, with the accompaniment of electronic drums and clean electric.It' s chorus part maybe and the main theme. It has some chiptune flavor.
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/1-1

This post has been edited by Jouve: Feb 2 2013, 04:40 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:38 PM