2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Giving Up The Guitar
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 8 2011, 12:19 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 8 2011, 01:14 AM) *
You'd be suprised how much even a little PRACTICE can do! smile.gif The secret is consistency so a couple minutes a day beats nothing by miles. Keep at it!

This is so true! smile.gif
I have periods where I wouldn't touch guitar for whole week and then would still be playing good or even better then last time smile.gif Its such a pleasant surprise too! smile.gif
It's just that good focused exercise is very efficient. Also, having more "rest days" may be beneficial for new stuff to "sink in".
I do believe in drills and discipline - but I think that it is also imporant to include rest in order to have most focused sessions you can when you do practice.

You should stick to it - play as much as you can find time and I can assure you that will be enough to make steady progress.
No one can master guitar over night - no matter how much hours one puts into it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JPBluestring
Oct 8 2011, 01:50 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bossie @ Oct 4 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Well here it is..

I'm actually considering giving it all up for a period....there's just no more time left for me to practice the instrument like i want it too... mellow.gif
Since i have the absolute need for perfection and completely mastering it, i feel the desire to put it aside for good if i can't put any decent practice in it...it's probably tough to understand....but for me it's all or nothing..

Hope i can get back to it some day...but then all the way...!!! wink.gif

Rock on !!!

Come on check the @GUITAR PICS@ page. I dare you . Find the best pick of the day and see how inspiring these pics are... they inspire you to take it, to play it, to reconsider...

JPBluestring!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
JD_
Oct 8 2011, 03:02 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 5 2011, 07:45 PM) *
It's impossible to master the guitar, but it's important to find something that you like to do with it. Well, you won't forget to play, you can come back anytime. Whatever you do, keep the guitar and your gear, that's the only advice I can give you for now.

That's awesome advice....and I am proof of selling gear, then buying it again 8 years later.

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Mike RR24
Oct 8 2011, 07:14 AM
Learning Roadie
I understand how you feel as I have felt that way before. Sometimes my brain gets so overloaded that I have to take a few days break and then come back to it and the love starts all over again. I also work a lot and it's a very technical job and mind tiring. I wish you the best of luck no matter what you decide. Put it away for a week and then come back and pick it up and jam out on it. Then reevaluate your feelings you are having now. If you still feel the same just take a break. Never say never.

--------------------
Michael Connell - Ciudad Juarez Chihuahua, Mexico

Gear: Jackson Pro RR24.
Ibanez XPT700.
Mexican Fender Strat 2008 Model.
Marshall MA 100 Watt Head w/Crate Blackheart slanted cab 300 Watts.
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Digitech Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion Pedal.
THD Hotplate 16 Ohms.
BOSS BR-1600CD Home Studio
DigiTech GSP1101 Guitar Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech Control2 Remote Foot Controller
TC-Helicon VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
Switch-3 Pedal for VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
ISP Technologies Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal

+Quote Post
Bossie
Oct 8 2011, 08:18 AM
GMC:er
Thx

The gear will always be around...no frustrations what so ever(besides the weather here) wink.gif
Time isn't on my side...i'm sure it' ll all calm down some day.It's like some guys said here...work work work
and you see your life flying buy before you know it...but it ain't easy to put it all aside on a day and life of love laugh.gif
So i'm not jumping of a bridge laugh.gif laugh.gif ..just getting priority's straightend out and the lil free time i have now i'd like to spend
with my wife
It would be a lot easier if my boss would let me aloud some gear at work laugh.gif laugh.gif

keep riffin and rockin!!!

+Quote Post
JD_
Oct 8 2011, 08:25 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Bossie @ Oct 8 2011, 07:18 AM) *
..just getting priority's straightend out and the lil free time i have now i'd like to spend
with my wife
It would be a lot easier if my boss would let me aloud some gear at work laugh.gif laugh.gif

keep riffin and rockin!!!

Nothing wrong with that at all mate...Enjoy cool.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 8 2011, 11:42 AM
Learning Roadie
Well, I've read every post. I will say this. First, the topic title is "Giving up the guitar." Be sure that you don't use this phrase if you are not going to really give up the guitar. (Actually, don't use it all. smile.gif ) This could lead to you actually doing it later down the road. It's a mind thing. Power of suggestion. Plus, you freak all of us out as we all madly type out comments of discouraging you of quitting. wink.gif

Second, I "gave up the piano" I few years ago. Mistake. Now I miss it. I thought, I just wanna work on the guitar for a while. So I didn't play the piano much...then not at all. I'm so out of practice it's not even funny. Now I will have to work harder to get back to it. I still haven't got back to it.

Third, of course, if time is not on your side, yes, obviously you will not be able to practice as you would like to. So just practice when you have time for it. Don't say "I'm giving up guitar."

And fourth, most importantly, don't ever expect yourself to play perfect right now - or really ever. Sure, you can try to work up to it. But nobody is ever perfect anyway. Just look up some pros on YouTube. I've heard some little mistakes here and there even from them playing live. biggrin.gif It's a fact of life. Nobody's perfect. That's what makes a person. So don't punish yourself like this - to me this would be punishment. happy.gif But I'm sure it's probably a personality thing as Gary said.

I just don't know why you made this topic the way you did. It looked like to us that you were quitting for good. Be careful, no matter your intentions. Your mind can play tricks on you, and before you know it, this may become a reality. That's all I have to say, except that I'm glad you really aren't quitting. wink.gif

-Brandon

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:47 PM