3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Another 2 Mass Shootings In One Weekend
Todd Simpson
Aug 3 2019, 09:50 PM
GMC:er
In yet another instance of a mentally ill person grabbing his gun and killing innocent people, yet another nut job has shot up yet another mall here in America.
It will make the news for a couple days, then nothing will change per usual, and we will just wait for the next one. Going to the mall is starting to be a life threatening decision. Then again so is going to high school where hundreds of kids are shot/killed each year . Sadly, no change in sight. maybe a good time to buy bullet proof back packs and clothing?
18 dead, dozens wounded at a Walmart. Guy had a semi auto AK47 clone.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 5 2019, 05:16 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 4 2019, 10:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 3 2019, 09:50 PM) *
In yet another instance of a mentally ill person grabbing his gun and killing innocent people,
fourth "manifesto" posted on 8chan ]

you forgot the one in Ohio

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Aug 4 2019, 10:07 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 5 2019, 12:07 AM
Yup, another mass shooting in Ohio less than a day later. More people dead and wounded. No info on the shooter yet. This is truly getting epidemic. I hope we can get through the weekend without another mass killling.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/04/us/dayton-oh...oter/index.html

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 4 2019, 05:06 PM) *
you forgot the one in Ohio

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 5 2019, 12:29 AM
Does the TV ever give info on such reasoning/psychology of these murderers? I wonder if its actually a form of suicide...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 5 2019, 01:16 AM
crazy people do crazy stuff. Seem like we have a LOT of crazy over here.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 4 2019, 07:29 PM) *
Does the TV ever give info on such reasoning/psychology of these murderers? I wonder if its actually a form of suicide...

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 5 2019, 05:15 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Aug 5 2019, 02:58 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 5 2019, 12:16 AM) *
Sure!! The first shooter, EL PASSO, posted on the extremist site 8 chan a 3 page racist manifesto about how mexican immigrants are going to ruin our country. He was a hard core racist. His twitter feed was filled with stuff about "building the wall" etc. Xenophobic mentally ill nut job essentially.
The second guy actuallly shot his own sister in the second shooting. They are still trying to find out his motive. They suspect he was a copy cat killer urged on the the previous massacre.
The Christchurch shooter in New Zealand was an avowed racist who simply hated muslims. Most of these crimes have a "hate" motivation somehere. These people are mentally ill. They gravitate towards extreme points of view and then act out. Sadly, we have no way to preven mentally ill people from getting as many guns and as much ammunition as they want. Really, anyone of legal age not convicted of a felony can buy whatever guns they like at any gun show or retailer like walmart that carries guns.

We have more guns than people in this country. It's woven in to the culture. So it's hard to stop these nuts until they go postal and kill a lot of innocent people. If if we ban guns, we have a healthy trade in illegals guns. So guns are easier to get than an education.

All problems start with lack of interpersonal communication. Everybody's talking but no one's listening. Those who do charge a fee because they worked hard at uni to get a degree. This results in increasingly more people suffering from solitude and being alone for too long causes people to start going insane. That depends on a person because everyone has a different personality but living alone takes getting used to it and not everyone is capable of it. Sometimes it results in extremes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 5 2019, 05:13 AM
I just hope these things stop happening at some point. sad.gif

QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 4 2019, 09:58 PM) *
All problems start with lack of interpersonal communication. Everybody's talking but no one's listening. Those who do charge a fee because they worked hard at uni to get a degree. This results in increasingly more people suffering from solitude and being alone for too long causes people to start going insane. That depends on a person because everyone has a different personality but living alone takes getting used to it and not everyone is capable of it. Sometimes it results in extremes.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 5 2019, 10:14 AM
When reading Todd's comments, I thought it was so similar to a terrorists profile.

Since terror has been a major problem for Turkey for about 50 years, I got to watch/read some info about them. Most doesn't come from an overly religious, extreme poor families and have access to a school they can socialize. It's said the no.1 reason for them obtaining extreme thoughts is they can't find a purpose for their lives.

Now add that mental illness and you have someone who needs immediate help. The info on second shooter is interesting; he grew-up in good environment, one day started posting odd stuff on the internet and behaved strange yet seems no one bothered to wonder why (a cry for help?). Somehow I feel the second shooting could have been prevented with better attention from friends and family.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Aug 5 2019, 10:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 5 2019, 01:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 5 2019, 10:14 AM) *
When reading Todd's comments, I thought it was so similar to a terrorists profile.

Since terror has been a major problem for Turkey for about 50 years, I got to watch/read some info about them. Most doesn't come from an overly religious, extreme poor families and have access to a school they can socialize. It's said the no.1 reason for them obtaining extreme thoughts is they can't find a purpose for their lives.

Now add that mental illness and you have someone who needs immediate help. The info on second shooter is interesting; he grew-up in good environment, one day started posting odd stuff on the internet and behaved strange yet seems no one bothered to wonder why (a cry for help?). Somehow I feel the second shooting could have been prevented with better attention from friends and family.

I could not agree with you more , and that is why the debate rages in the US. Because of someones mental instability , People want to take a constitutional freedom ( The American constitution does not give rights , it stops the government from taking these inalienable rights from a US citizen). Some think it's a living breathing documents while others think it is Black and White .

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 5 2019, 02:43 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 5 2019, 12:25 PM) *
I could not agree with you more , and that is why the debate rages in the US.

Since it only happens in USA, I do believe this develops hidden somewhere specific in USA. Could be in lifestyle, laws, cultural...yet couldn't be identified yet.

Turkey also developed a gun problem over the years but its either pistol or hunting rifle, we also have more than enough psycho's here but their crime doesn't involve such high casualties.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 5 2019, 05:38 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 5 2019, 05:43 AM) *
Since it only happens in USA, I do believe this develops hidden somewhere specific in USA. Could be in lifestyle, laws, cultural...yet couldn't be identified yet.

Turkey also developed a gun problem over the years but its either pistol or hunting rifle, we also have more than enough psycho's here but their crime doesn't involve such high casualties.

Mass shootings happen all over the world, not just in the USA.
The vast majority of gun crimes committed in the US are committed with Pistols/Handguns.
The Rifles that have been used in mass shootings in the US are more like hunting rifles than they are weapons of war. They are not automatic weapons but semi automatic, meaning that a pull of the trigger only produces one shot, like a hunting rifle, not multiple shots like weapons of war which are fully automatic or select fire.
The weapons claimed to be "Assault Rifles" are not actually assault rifles or weapons of war at all. They only resemble assault rifles in appearance and do not function like a weapon of war.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 5 2019, 06:08 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 5 2019, 04:38 PM) *

I can't recall an incident where shooters weren't connected to a terrorist or some kind of evil organization.

I made a search about the Ohio weapon;

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/...=410&crop=1

Magazines seem custom (but likely sold 3.rd party product). It doesn't seem like a hunting weapon, if not also for war then what's the purpose? but as said the weapon is only a part of the story, I watched some USA channels and all they argue are guns and Trumps politics. I think it should be handled deeper than that.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Aug 5 2019, 06:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 5 2019, 06:12 PM
he last two shootings were both done with assault style rifles. The majority of our mass killings here have all been done with assault style rifles. It's true the majority of "crimes' are with hand guns. However, the majority of MASS SHOOTINGS are in fact done with assault style rifles with large capacity magazines. "assault style" weapons, meaning they look like AR15 or AK47 rifles but are not fully automatic. Still, with high capacity magazines, we see high death rates just like we saw this weekend.

Here is a timeline of all the shootings this year. Notice that most of them were done with "assault style" rifles. It's a long list.
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/...-mass-shootings
Sure, shootings happen all over the world, but mass shootings that happen pretty much year around not in a war zone? That is pure USA baby.

We lead the world in mass shootings by a HUGE margin. Just sharing the fact here. This is a chart up to before Trump hit the white house.

Attached Image
So yeah, we have way way way way more mass shootings than all of the rest of the world combined. It's an epidemic.
The most concerning thing is that we are having more and more each year. Here is a chart to show the alarming trend.
Attached Image

Mass Shootings are something of a tradition here. They happen all the time. All year round. They have been happening more since we got our new president. Not saying there is a direct correlation, just saying, it's gone up. Sadly, these are not going to stop as we have no way to stop them. Al we can do is try to be careful when in a public place and grieve when the next one happens.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 5 2019, 12:38 PM) *
Mass shootings happen all over the world, not just in the USA.
The vast majority of gun crimes committed in the US are committed with Pistols/Handguns.
The Rifles that have been used in mass shootings in the US are more like hunting rifles than they are weapons of war. They are not automatic weapons but semi automatic, meaning that a pull of the trigger only produces one shot, like a hunting rifle, not multiple shots like weapons of war which are fully automatic or select fire.
The weapons claimed to be "Assault Rifles" are not actually assault rifles or weapons of war at all. They only resemble assault rifles in appearance and do not function like a weapon of war.

you are correct. That is NOT a hunting rifle. These attacks are mostly done with "assault style" rifles that are semi automatic (one trigger pull one bullet) versions of MILITARY WEAPONS.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 5 2019, 01:08 PM) *
I can't recall an incident where shooters weren't connected to a terrorist or some kind of evil organization.

I made a search about the Ohio weapon;

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/...=410&crop=1

Magazines seem custom (but likely sold 3.rd party product). It doesn't seem like a hunting weapon, if not also for war then what's the purpose?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 5 2019, 07:28 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 5 2019, 07:31 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 5 2019, 05:12 PM) *

I used a Heckler & Koch G3 when I did my compulsory military service, aside a hunting rifle I shot when I was maybe 14 year old it the only weapon I ever have experience.

Its a real war weapon, I was surprised how light it was and the coil was so minimal for such a deadly weapon. Its only used for practice here in the army, cause its old and kept jamming. It also has a selectable automatic mode but I've told its very useless, cause so hard to shoot a target in that mode (unless very close range). We usually practiced 1 shot mode, it also has a 3 shot mode which is said to be useful in real conditions. Thats why I don't find being not fully automatic is a good excuse.

Still looking at the weapon used in ohio, that killer likely used something more advanced/expensive then what I was given as a rookie soldier.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Aug 5 2019, 07:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 5 2019, 07:32 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state that white supremacy and xenophobia are not "mental illness".

This post has been edited by klasaine: Aug 5 2019, 08:09 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 5 2019, 09:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (klasaine @ Aug 5 2019, 07:32 PM) *
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state that white supremacy and xenophobia are not "mental illness".

always going off half cocked ... Ken

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 5 2019, 07:31 PM) *
I used a Heckler & Koch G3 when I did my compulsory military service, aside a hunting rifle I shot when I was maybe 14 year old it the only weapon I ever have experience.

Its a real war weapon, I was surprised how light it was and the coil was so minimal for such a deadly weapon. Its only used for practice here in the army, cause its old and kept jamming. It also has a selectable automatic mode but I've told its very useless, cause so hard to shoot a target in that mode (unless very close range). We usually practiced 1 shot mode, it also has a 3 shot mode which is said to be useful in real conditions. Thats why I don't find being not fully automatic is a good excuse.

Still looking at the weapon used in ohio, that killer likely used something more advanced/expensive then what I was given as a rookie soldier.

the 223 is one of the smallest rifle rounds in the US , it is mostly used for nuisance animals such as coyotes , rabbits , etc . It is legal to hunt Deer and larger game with it ( were I live) although a unruly shot would be inhumane .they are perfect for hunting wild boar as the AR can accept about 8 different size rounds with just a barrel switch. Teenagers texting while driving kills 4 times as many ( but you don't hear that in the news) so I just believe that the media uses mass shooting to stir up the Left and the Right

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 5 2019, 10:21 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 5 2019, 08:13 PM) *
the 223 is one of the smallest rifle rounds in the US , it is mostly used for nuisance animals such as coyotes , rabbits , etc . It is legal to hunt Deer and larger game with it ( were I live) although a unruly shot would be inhumane .they are perfect for hunting wild boar as the AR can accept about 8 different size rounds with just a barrel switch. Teenagers texting while driving kills 4 times as many ( but you don't hear that in the news) so I just believe that the media uses mass shooting to stir up the Left and the Right

Thanks for the explanation, what does the pro-gun side of USA offer as solution?

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 5 2019, 10:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 5 2019, 06:12 PM) *
Here is a timeline of all the shootings this year. Notice that most of them were done with "assault style" rifles. It's a long list.
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/...-mass-shootings

you are correct. That is NOT a hunting rifle.

that link you have only mentioned 9 out of 18 that had an AR( too many , of course ) , so most is a slight exaggeration .
In these stories , there were right wing , Muslim and socialists - this is a mental issue , to put blame on One Ideology is to do it injustice. And it is a hunting rifle but I am not going to put a feral hog hunting with AR link
It is also one of the best defensive weapons for a woman because it is easy to control as Mertay pointed out
FBI statistics state that there are 500,000 to 3 million defensive uses with fire arms every year

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 5 2019, 10:21 PM) *
Thanks for the explanation, what does the pro-gun side of USA offer as solution?

it is a constitutional right that government can't take away , and it is put in to keep a tyrannical government away
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Every tyrannical government started with gun confiscation
In the Us ,the government should fear the governed not the other way around
FBI stats state 500,000 to 3 million people protect them selves with guns every year
there are 32,000 gun deaths every year 2/3 are suicide 8000 are gang on gang , the left over number out of 330 million people is very small percentage , of course I don't want to see any deaths , but IMO to start stripping away our freedoms our founding fathers fight and died for does not make sense to me

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 5 2019, 10:57 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 5 2019, 09:45 PM) *
it is a constitutional right that government can't take away , and it is put in to keep a tyrannical government away
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Every tyrannical government started with gun confiscation
In the Us ,the government should fear the governed not the other way around
FBI stats state 500,000 to 3 million people protect them selves with guns every year
there are 32,000 gun deaths every year 2/3 are suicide 8000 are gang on gang , the left over number out of 330 million people is very small percentage , of course I don't want to see any deaths , but IMO to start stripping away our freedoms our founding fathers fight and died for does not make sense to me

I didn't mean for gun rights (I know its hot debate though), I mean about these kinds of crimes to prevent them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 6 2019, 12:28 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 5 2019, 10:57 PM) *
I didn't mean for gun rights (I know its hot debate though), I mean about these kinds of crimes to prevent them.

well..many of the laws we have are not followed, in the case nicholas cruz , this is a short from this link, there was also a policy with broward county sheriff to not arrest school kids to keep crime rates low
"Authorities agreed to treat twelve different misdemeanor offenses as school-related issues, not criminal ones. The results impressed the people who initiated the program. Arrests dropped from more than a thousand in 2011-2012 to less than four hundred just four years later."
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/20...dent_lives.html
Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/20...l#ixzz5vlwcoheb
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/...lly-ill/553487/
Florida.BROWARD COUNTY SHERIFF / REUTERS
In the years before 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz allegedly killed 17 people in a Florida high school on Wednesday, his behavior was strange, but not necessarily criminal. And not necessarily suggestive of a specific mental illness, either. He seemed fixated on guns and on killing animals, and his mother would sometimes call the police on him in an effort to manage his behavior. Some news reports have also said that Cruz has been “in and out of mental-health treatment,” though his diagnosis is not clear.

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Aug 6 2019, 12:29 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:13 AM