Put A Add Up For Band Mates., Never tried to hard to start a band.
dcz702
Aug 5 2013, 09:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
After spending a while with a dedicated practice routine everyday for awhile I have been thinking a lot that maybe I should try to start to find people to play with. I've been browsing a musicians classified for the past month looking for something that sound like would be a good match. Most of the ads are from People looking for musicians who have the goal of gigging or call for pro level guys to start original projects and ultimately gig. Some others that sound like it may be good for me, but lots with some things that kind of turned me off.
Gigging is not really what I'm thinking about, I'm more wanting to put things I have learned in a band situation and see if I can do it, if I can maybe gigging at parties and bars could happen, for now I just wanna jam.
So I posted my own add, I used my you tube and the rec takes on it, to give a idea of the style I like to play mostly, and my level. Of course all credit goes to gmc biggrin.gif, maybe this site will gain a few more vegas users from it smile.gif. What's a good way to go into this? If anyone bites should I maybe throw out some covers we can learn quickly and get comfortable playing with each others, to the point were I have some people I can be comfortable to jam and write and progress. I'm thinking that if I go with this i will need to play with several people a couple times a week until the match is right.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 5 2013, 11:42 AM
Instructor
This is an endeavor very much similar with buying a new instrument:

- you have to like them as human beings and as musicians
- they have to suit your musical tastes
- they have to have an image which greatly contributes to the stage performance - if that is what you are looking for
- they have to be near you - that can be compared with the price range biggrin.gif The further they live/activate, the less probable you will be tempted to try them out, except of course, if you are planning on an internet based band.
- the more you try, the better you will know what sort of folks you want to deal with

Have I scared you? I hope not smile.gif Go out there and hunt, my friend!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 5 2013, 11:42 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 5 2013, 12:27 PM
Instructor
Dave this is veeeery good idea and I think If You'll be patient enough You'll finally find right people to play with. Problems You mentioned are a part of this ...probably since forever. The faster You start, the sooner You'll make that band smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 5 2013, 03:34 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Nice to know that you decided to make this new step. You can't imagine how much you will learn on a "band situation". It's reality, it's when all the technique and theory that you learnt starts to be applied. There are lots of articles about finding the right people, which is something very difficult because you need to find a good balance among these 3 things:

-Good persons, nice to work with.
-Similar tastes and goals
-Good musician or at a level close to yours

On this first step, pay attention to this things but also use it for learning, an as thee first rule: Enjoy it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 6 2013, 08:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 5 2013, 02:34 PM) *
Hey mate! Nice to know that you decided to make this new step. You can't imagine how much you will learn on a "band situation". It's reality, it's when all the technique and theory that you learnt starts to be applied. There are lots of articles about finding the right people, which is something very difficult because you need to find a good balance among these 3 things:

-Good persons, nice to work with.
-Similar tastes and goals
-Good musician or at a level close to yours

On this first step, pay attention to this things but also use it for learning, an as thee first rule: Enjoy it.

As Gabe very well concluded - Enjoy this whole process and the folks you will end up working with smile.gif I've been in bands since 2001 and I have learned an enormous amount of things and I have lived incredible experiences alongside the folks I've been playing with so, go out there and find your team!

+Quote Post
dcz702
Aug 6 2013, 09:07 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 6 2013, 07:29 AM) *
As Gabe very well concluded - Enjoy this whole process and the folks you will end up working with smile.gif I've been in bands since 2001 and I have learned an enormous amount of things and I have lived incredible experiences alongside the folks I've been playing with so, go out there and find your team!

i got a couple replies already biggrin.gif think its going to be fun

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 6 2013, 09:29 AM
Instructor
It's gonna be fun for sure : You have to share some picks and vids when the band is ready smile.gif)))

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 2 2013, 10:48 AM
GMC:er
After almost a month, have you formed the band?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2013, 12:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 2 2013, 09:48 AM) *
After almost a month, have you formed the band?

Good point Slav smile.gif Tell us man - how is your research going?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:47 PM