Free Recording Software
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2012, 04:39 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I received a question about this via PM and I decided to make a thread because I think that maybe there are more interested on this recording software that is 100% free. It's called Audacity.

Check it out!

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Also let me share the software called Tuxguitar.com which is similar to guitar pro (it opens GP files) and is also free!

http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/

Gab.-

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 25 2012, 08:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 25 2012, 03:39 PM) *
Hey guys! I received a question about this via PM and I decided to make a thread because I think that maybe there are more interested on this recording software that is 100% free. It's called Audacity.

Check it out!

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Also let me share the software called Tuxguitar.com which is similar to guitar pro (it opens GP files) and is also free!

http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/

Gab.-

Audacity is very cooL! I know a few guys who using it! Nice and very simple software!
Thanks for sharing

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 25 2012, 09:24 PM
Instructor
Hey Gabe! Great thread man! wink.gif I'm sure a lot of folks here will be grateful for this info! I'll make sure to redirect them here smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 25 2012, 10:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Let's not forget about Reaper! smile.gif It's more advanced and lets you use it for free.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 25 2012, 11:12 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 25 2012, 05:04 PM) *
Let's not forget about Reaper! smile.gif It's more advanced and lets you use it for free.

REAPER just RAWKS! Of all the Free DAWs I've tried, It is IMHO the hands down winner all considered. The compatibility, built in feature set, etc. Even if you don't use it, it's a no brainer to have it installed. Just to be able to open REAPER projects.

Todd

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 25 2012, 11:14 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Heck, I like Reaper more than most any DAW. Unless your doing commercial grade material Reaper can do pretty much anything else. Ever.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 26 2012, 10:19 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes

Minor correction - Audacity is actually a wave editor rather than a DAW.

It can indeed do some things that a DAW can but there are many things that it can not do which many would see as a requirement for a fully functional DAW.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 26 2012, 02:16 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 26 2012, 04:19 AM) *

It can indeed do some things that a DAW can but there are many things that it can not do which many would see as a requirement for a fully functional DAW.

I didn't know that. smile.gif Makes sense. I used to use Audacity all the time.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2012, 08:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 26 2012, 06:19 AM) *

Thanks for the correction Tony! smile.gif

I thought that Reaper wasn't 100% free... so you say that there are different versions, and the basic one is free??

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 29 2012, 11:37 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 28 2012, 08:23 PM) *
I thought that Reaper wasn't 100% free... so you say that there are different versions, and the basic one is free??

NP Gab.
Reaper is free to evaluate but once you finish the evaluation you should buy a license. A non-commercial license is about $60.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2012, 11:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 29 2012, 07:37 AM) *
NP Gab.
Reaper is free to evaluate but once you finish the evaluation you should buy a license. A non-commercial license is about $60.

Ah, that's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying Tony. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 30 2012, 02:09 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 29 2012, 06:47 PM) *
Ah, that's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying Tony. wink.gif

REAPER is the best value I know of. For all the features, for the price, you can't beat it. Of course, if you are willing to spend a lot more, you can get LOGIC (if you buy a mac to run it on ) or PRO TOOLS (PC/Mac) but both of those are way way way more expensive.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:35 PM