Akai Mpk25 New User, i dont like manuals
dcz702
Mar 24 2014, 01:28 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
how do i map the mpk25 pads to logics drummer? went through controller surface and key commands windows and cant figure it out, i could use the keys but thought it would be convienant to have them on the pads

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by dcz702: Mar 24 2014, 05:59 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Todd Simpson
Mar 24 2014, 06:58 PM
GMC:er
Good news smile.gif should be plug and play. Just plug it in and pick the sound generator and mash away smile.gif

QUOTE (dcz702 @ Mar 23 2014, 08:28 PM) *
how do i map the mpk25 pads to logics drummer? went through controller surface and key commands windows and cant figure it out, i could use the keys but thought it would be convienant to have them on the pads

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
dcz702
Mar 25 2014, 09:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 24 2014, 05:58 PM) *
Good news smile.gif should be plug and play. Just plug it in and pick the sound generator and mash away smile.gif

Isn't working with logic drummer there are sounds but it not the drum kit I chose. I thought maybe there's a way to program specific pads to a specific drum in the kit, like pad1 hi hat pad 2 snareand so on.
I have been playing around all day and used the keys wich isn't hard at all think I could get used to it so doent really matter. Thanks. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 25 2014, 12:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
I actually have the MPK88, but I only ever use it as a digital piano. I have in mind to use it more in a recording setting, I have just never gotten around to learning about it. I use Cubase though and not Logic.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Socky42
Mar 25 2014, 12:42 PM
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Mar 25 2014, 08:37 AM) *
Isn't working with logic drummer there are sounds but it not the drum kit I chose. I thought maybe there's a way to program specific pads to a specific drum in the kit, like pad1 hi hat pad 2 snareand so on.
I have been playing around all day and used the keys wich isn't hard at all think I could get used to it so doent really matter. Thanks. smile.gif

http://community.akaipro.com/akai_professi..._the_akai_mpk25

http://www.electronics.dit.ie/staff/tscarf...for_octaves.htm

Just guessing but, assign the midi note number to the pad you want.

So for the kick drum, it's normally a C1; so you'd put in 12.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dcz702
Mar 26 2014, 03:04 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Mar 25 2014, 11:42 AM) *
http://community.akaipro.com/akai_professi..._the_akai_mpk25

http://www.electronics.dit.ie/staff/tscarf...for_octaves.htm

Just guessing but, assign the midi note number to the pad you want.

So for the kick drum, it's normally a C1; so you'd put in 12.

ahh thank you socky this looks like what im looking for biggrin.gif i will use these directions and try again. thanks buddy

+Quote Post
dcz702
Mar 26 2014, 05:19 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 25 2014, 11:29 AM) *
I actually have the MPK88, but I only ever use it as a digital piano. I have in mind to use it more in a recording setting, I have just never gotten around to learning about it. I use Cubase though and not Logic.

its great for recording in your daw, im having so much fun with it, its not hard to use at all, like todd said plug and play. ive got every instrument i could ever need at my fingertips, once you figure out how to use it in a recording setting you will have a jump on it since you already play piano it sounds like smile.gif i have a basic understanding of the notes on a keyboard, not that its hard to understand, just never worked with key, but after messing around for a few days im getting used to it and it is so much fun creating with different instruments biggrin.gif i have to say this is the best investment ive made on my rig!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 27 2014, 12:42 AM
That's a great little unit!! It's got midi pads and keyboard in one which is spiff wink.gif There are so many virtual instruments built in to logic that you don't really need extra vsts for them. smile.gif It's always fun to add stuff but logic is very complete which is great for sharing logic projects for example. That way two people can open the same project and have all the bits.

I"m using an Maudio 49 key usb midi keyboard and it's been very handy wink.gif I leave it setup and connected. I start with a Logic Project that is setup for my studio. It's a good thing to set up a template with your various inputs and settings as it' saves start up time on each song/project wink.gif

Todd

QUOTE (dcz702 @ Mar 26 2014, 12:19 AM) *
its great for recording in your daw, im having so much fun with it, its not hard to use at all, like todd said plug and play. ive got every instrument i could ever need at my fingertips, once you figure out how to use it in a recording setting you will have a jump on it since you already play piano it sounds like smile.gif i have a basic understanding of the notes on a keyboard, not that its hard to understand, just never worked with key, but after messing around for a few days im getting used to it and it is so much fun creating with different instruments biggrin.gif i have to say this is the best investment ive made on my rig!

+Quote Post
dcz702
Mar 27 2014, 01:11 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 26 2014, 11:42 PM) *
I"m using an Maudio 49 key usb midi keyboard and it's been very handy wink.gif I leave it setup and connected. I start with a Logic Project that is setup for my studio. It's a good thing to set up a template with your various inputs and settings as it' saves start up time on each song/project wink.gif

Todd

hey todd by setting up a template do you mean creating a emprty project with usuall tracks that you may use, with inputs saved for those tracks then save it, when ready to start new project open and good to go then when you want to save that started project use save as then the template will remain? cause thats a really good idea, the last very simple project i did had 9 tracks using only 4 instrument. good idea time saver. if thats what you meant

+Quote Post
Socky42
Mar 27 2014, 01:39 AM
Bit off topic; but since you're talking about templates, maybe you'll wanna use this too.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58254

It's a scale remapper for Logic. So you can play C major on your keyboard, but it'll play whatever scale it's set to. Useful for lazy jamming laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:26 PM