Question About String Skips, And Sweeps
Ryan
Jun 30 2007, 04:22 AM
GMC:er
Hmm, i was just thinking. Is it possible to use the technqiue sweeping, but have to skip strings when sweeping? Would that be the best way?, or would AP be teh best?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
FretDancer69
Jun 30 2007, 05:29 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 29 2007, 09:22 PM) *
Hmm, i was just thinking. Is it possible to use the technqiue sweeping, but have to skip strings when sweeping? Would that be the best way?, or would AP be teh best?

that has crossed my mind from time to time, it think it is possible, but i bet its hard as hell, and the sweeps wouldnt be that fluid, since skipping a string would take alot of time. but idk, also i think it would only work best on 6 string sweeps

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 30 2007, 09:01 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 30 2007, 04:22 AM) *

Sure, I often string skip Major and Minor shapes from the high E to the bottom E - then sweep the whole thing back again! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 2 2007, 03:50 AM
Ive never thought about that technique but id have to agree that it would be very hard to especially at faster speeds like yngwie pace or something. That is assuming that when you say "skip" you mean avoid hitting, but if you meant simple muting by lightly touching the finger on the string, I'd say that would be a lot more doable and would add a nice percussive element to sweeping wich really isn't there in thaqt technique.

If anything, Pavel should hopefull find this thread and post here because he has commented that sweeping is his favorite and most obsessively practiced technique so maybe he'll know more about this...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 2 2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah i dont know if this would be an amazing technqiue though. Because I tried some at slow paces. And only few of the sweeping patterns i did. Came out right. they all fit together, but just didnt soudn right. If you can do this at high speeds though. I must call you a master!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 2 2007, 07:51 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jul 2 2007, 01:41 AM) *
Yeah i dont know if this would be an amazing technqiue though. Because I tried some at slow paces. And only few of the sweeping patterns i did. Came out right. they all fit together, but just didnt soudn right. If you can do this at high speeds though. I must call you a master!!

we just need to wait for Pavel to answer this biggrin.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:51 AM