60-64 [ 1 ] ** [0.65%]
65-69 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
70> [ 1 ] ** [0.65%]
Total Votes: 155
Guests cannot vote 
Juan M. Valero
Feb 3 2008, 10:40 PM
Instructor
I disagree Andrew, you are more than cooler wink.gif You rock guy !!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 3 2008, 11:03 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Heh, thanks Juan!

I only wish I was cool enough to pull off wearing a hat like yours!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
albino
Feb 9 2008, 04:07 PM
GMC:er
47 years old. My band days are well and truly over but I love to play and learn styles here at GMC that I had no time for years ago [no desire to listen to or play 'properly']
By the way, your taste buds don't die once you turn 30. You have the years to tell what the influences are on some newer groups because you probably still own the music on vinyl!!; Wolfmother>Deep Purple, the Cult>AC/DC, Led Zeppelin and Cream, Coldplay>Kraftwerk, etc, and you love tons of music in a wide range of styles.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JWBauer
Feb 9 2008, 04:19 PM
44 here but The secret to eternal youth is hanging out and swapping ideas with other people of all ages. The older folks can learn a few tricks from the younger peple and vice-versa.

--------------------
Ibanez AS73-TCR, Esteban American Legacy Starlight Limited Edition,
Esteban Granada Classical, Esteban Midnight Steel Limited Edition
Line 6 Spider III 15w

Buy AS73 at Musiciansfriend.com

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 9 2008, 05:23 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Feb 3 2008, 09:34 PM) *
Sorry to blow your theory Matt, but I am 40 and I am at least as cool as the rest you mentioned put together laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif Fantastic , just for that ill agree with you wink.gif

The poll shows a worrying trend. Most member who have voted are in there teens - I hope that means they wont give up as they get older smile.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Feb 9 2008, 05:25 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
sam47
Feb 22 2008, 02:07 AM
I'm 47. Yeah 20's was a good time . 30's was a good time. 40's? I'm paying for the 20's & 30's !!!!!!!!!!!!! Still ,I wouldn't go back. 50's? Three more years and I'll be a decent guitar player then. I think that's cool! Bring it on!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 22 2008, 08:48 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I'm 27 smile.gif

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Feb 22 2008, 09:02 AM
Almost 23.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 22 2008, 11:04 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
20 smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 22 2008, 12:32 PM
Lets go fishing!
This is a really great poll. Whats even more amaizing is that it shows a very clear trend in ages practicing !:)

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 22 2008, 05:05 PM
If you think about it though, it makes sense. People born between now and probably 30 have grown up in the area where popular music is pretty much dominated by the guitar. Plus music being so much more accessible, you get folks introduced at younger ages Folks older than 30 sort of paved the way for the rest of us to build the "trade" to what it is today.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 23 2008, 04:25 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Feb 23 2008, 04:28 AM
I'm 19.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 22 2010, 03:20 AM
Learning Roadie
this was a neat poll idea!!

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
May 22 2010, 10:34 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (thefireball @ May 22 2010, 04:20 AM) *
this was a neat poll idea!!

Please please please stop digging up all these year old threads..

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
May 22 2010, 12:35 PM
QUOTE (Skewlbuzz @ May 22 2010, 12:34 PM) *
Please please please stop digging up all these year old threads..

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:38 PM