Singelcoil Sice Humbucker
Amarok
Nov 24 2007, 01:35 PM
GMC:er
Hi,
does anybody have experiences with a singlecoil humbucker?
I think about to get an Seymour Duncan Hot Rail for my standard Strat, because i need more output and less hum in the bridge position for playin more metal stuff.
Worth it to get one?
Thanks!
greetings
Nino

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
She’s a ‘59 Stratocaster, and she, I’ve always called her my first wife. She don’t talk back to me…she talks for me. You know? She don’t scream at me….she screams for me.
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 24 2007, 01:37 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Amarok @ Nov 24 2007, 12:35 PM) *
Hi,
does anybody have experiences with a singlecoil humbucker?
I think about to get an Seymour Duncan Hot Rail for my standard Strat, because i need more output and less hum in the bridge position for playin more metal stuff.
Worth it to get one?
Thanks!
greetings
Nino

Def m8, thats what I put in my strat and it sounds great! biggrin.gif I added a coil tap switch to it too biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 24 2007, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Thats a good choice, try also a Seymor Duncan`s JBjr in the bridge. Lot of my metal friends put it in their bridges and got a killer sound. The definition is very clear, little bit trebly, you can hear every note clearly on high gain settings, and it has a good output. It is also very versatile, you can play everything with it, but in oppinion of those who put it in thei instruments it is best suited for a high gain sound. Cheers smile.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Nov 24 2007, 03:37 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Nov 26 2007, 03:20 AM
Yes SD is a good choice. I also agree with what Ivan said.

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
Amarok
Nov 29 2007, 12:12 PM
ok guys thanks a lot for the help! smile.gif

--------------------
She’s a ‘59 Stratocaster, and she, I’ve always called her my first wife. She don’t talk back to me…she talks for me. You know? She don’t scream at me….she screams for me.
Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:54 AM