9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Timing Workout
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2015, 04:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 25 2015, 11:58 AM) *
Thanks Gab,

I think the tightness will come with playing over and over. Will we be getting another assignment or should we wait until these are perfect?

Cheers

Phil

I'll share a new assignment soon, but please keep on practicing this one.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 25 2015, 04:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Most definitely. Cheers Gab.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2015, 07:07 PM
Instructor
ASSIGNMENT IV

Hey guys! This is the new timing assignment. On this one, we'll start working on triplets. Check out how they look in the score:

Attached Image

and this is how they sound with a metronome: Attached File  Triplets.gp5 ( 1.57K ) Number of downloads: 93

As you can see, triplets can make that 3 notes have the duration of 2. So if you have a 8th notes triplets, you'll have to play 3 (8th) notes over a beat, where we usually play 2.

The first part of the assignment is to play triplets over the backing track.

The second and third part of this one are to combine triplets with the patterns worked on the previous assignment:

Attached Image
Attached File  Triplets_combined.gp5 ( 1.55K ) Number of downloads: 90

Attached Image
Attached File  Triplets_combined_2.gp5 ( 1.55K ) Number of downloads: 87

The combination can be tricky, and even more if you couldn't master assignment III yet, so be patient and work hard!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Jun 25 2015, 09:23 PM
Learning Chord Basher
I started working on the new assignment. But 120bpm will be too fast for me. The limit at the moment is 100bpm and I hae to work to be tight at this tempo. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 26 2015, 04:54 PM
Instructor
It's ok mate, please everybody work at its comfortable tempo.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 26 2015, 06:27 PM
Learning Roadie
i launch myself..... (no easy in fact ! )

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/exo-beat-triplet-1-90

90 bpm triplet

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 27 2015, 09:24 AM
Here is my first attempt. I haven't mastered any of these assignments and I'm still working on the others but I find triplets the hardest, does anyone else? Also keeping it going for this whole track is hard. For this attempt I had to keep the metronome running with the track. Next post will be without the metronome.

I also find triplets the hardest when you change tempo. Worst case scenario would be triplets over a track where the tempo changes erratically, so 4 bars at 60bpm, then 4 bars at 120bpm, 4 bars at 90 bpm etc. laugh.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/triplets-90bpm

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2015, 05:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 26 2015, 02:27 PM) *
i launch myself..... (no easy in fact ! )

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/exo-beat-triplet-1-90

90 bpm triplet

Laurent

Hi Laurent, you're on the right track with this. The triples are very close, but there is still work to do to make everything sound tight. Please keep on practicing this assignment at this tempo for a few days before you go for a faster backing.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 27 2015, 05:24 AM) *
Here is my first attempt. I haven't mastered any of these assignments and I'm still working on the others but I find triplets the hardest, does anyone else? Also keeping it going for this whole track is hard. For this attempt I had to keep the metronome running with the track. Next post will be without the metronome.

I also find triplets the hardest when you change tempo. Worst case scenario would be triplets over a track where the tempo changes erratically, so 4 bars at 60bpm, then 4 bars at 120bpm, 4 bars at 90 bpm etc. laugh.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/triplets-90bpm

Cheers Gab

Hi Phil, yeah, triplets are usually more difficult to master, and even more when we play them over a backing track in which drums or other instruments are not following us as in this case. In this audio you tend to play the triplets faster so the last note of each group is a bit longer than the other ones...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 27 2015, 07:11 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 27 2015, 05:51 PM) *
Hi Phil, yeah, triplets are usually more difficult to master, and even more when we play them over a backing track in which drums or other instruments are not following us as in this case. In this audio you tend to play the triplets faster so the last note of each group is a bit longer than the other ones...

Yeah I noticed that Gab, i guess it's hard to divide the beat into three so I must be subconsciously going in early to make sure it fits rolleyes.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2015, 01:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 27 2015, 03:11 PM) *
Yeah I noticed that Gab, i guess it's hard to divide the beat into three so I must be subconsciously going in early to make sure it fits rolleyes.gif

Cheers

hehe yeah, that's what happens, so you'll have to be patient and play each note at its right time.... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 4 2015, 09:26 PM
I'm back on this now Gab smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 5 2015, 01:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 4 2015, 05:26 PM) *
I'm back on this now Gab smile.gif

Great!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 5 2015, 08:33 PM
Okay, picking up on this one again. 90bpm.

I find I go into a trance after a while and drift out of time biggrin.gif I guess mind control is all part of it smile.gif It's not good but I put it on here anyway rolleyes.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/triplets-90bpm-2

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 6 2015, 12:51 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil, yes, this needs more work because you tend to go faster than you should. The triplets are not regular, the first two notes are shorter so the last one of the group of 3 is longer. The 3 notes should have the same duration.

Please keep this exercise into your diary routine. I won't give you complementary stuff for this because I now that you have a lot of to do in your diary practice. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 6 2015, 08:14 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 6 2015, 12:51 AM) *
Hi Phil, yes, this needs more work because you tend to go faster than you should. The triplets are not regular, the first two notes are shorter so the last one of the group of 3 is longer. The 3 notes should have the same duration.

Please keep this exercise into your diary routine. I won't give you complementary stuff for this because I now that you have a lot of to do in your diary practice. wink.gif

Hello Gab,

OK, I've slowed it down, these triplets are soooo hard you need to be a musical mathematician to get them wacko.gif I can still hear that they aren't correct but I think they are a little bit closer.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/triplets-70bpm-1

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2015, 04:46 PM
Instructor
hahahaha this new take is much better so this is the right tempo to practice now. The triplets still need to be tighter but not I'm hear you playing triplets, while on previous takes the rhythm was confusing.

This lesson combines 8th notes with 16th and triplets. Have you ever played it?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 7 2015, 04:46 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 7 2015, 08:07 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 7 2015, 04:46 PM) *
hahahaha this new take is much better so this is the right tempo to practice now. The triplets still need to be tighter but not I'm hear you playing triplets, while on previous takes the rhythm was confusing.

This lesson combines 8th notes with 16th and triplets. Have you ever played it?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

Yes Gab I have it in my bookmarks, I commented on it in the feedback. I think I'll add it on days when I have more time like weekends. wink.gif Maybe make it my morning session as soon as I get up, unless the hangover is too bad sad.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2015, 07:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 7 2015, 04:07 PM) *
Yes Gab I have it in my bookmarks, I commented on it in the feedback. I think I'll add it on days when I have more time like weekends. wink.gif Maybe make it my morning session as soon as I get up, unless the hangover is too bad sad.gif

Cheers

Phil

hahaha, ok, it sounds like a plan. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 12 2015, 08:13 PM
Ok Gab,

I have not been giving this enough attention lately due to my Darius solo taking my life over laugh.gif I had another go today at 70bpm and just couldn't get it anywhere near, had a go at 80bpm and it's a bit better. Going to start making this my very first part of practise to be sure not to miss it.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/triplets-80bpm-1

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2015, 02:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 12 2015, 04:13 PM) *
Ok Gab,

I have not been giving this enough attention lately due to my Darius solo taking my life over laugh.gif I had another go today at 70bpm and just couldn't get it anywhere near, had a go at 80bpm and it's a bit better. Going to start making this my very first part of practise to be sure not to miss it.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/triplets-80bpm-1

Cheers

Hi Phil! Great to see you back to the timing practice. This shows that you need to dedicate some time every day to this workout. Please keep it in your diary practice. The triplets are not tight yet.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:54 AM