> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(9, Pass) Neoclassical Solo For Beginners, Lesson By Emir Hot
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

alexpabue
May 1 2012, 11:32 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Neoclassical Solo For Beginners by Emir Hot

Hi everybody! This is my first difficulty 3 lesson.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 1 2012, 04:56 PM
Instructor
Very good job! I like your sound and play very much!
A couple of things:
- When you are vibrating the string it sounds out of tune it's either your intonation needs to be set up or you are vibrating too hard and it it get's the string out of tune
- When you did the bend you almost got it but it was a little bit flat!
You are almost there! I like your take and you are on the right track!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2012, 08:48 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Nothing more to add aside from what Alex said! Keep up the good work!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 3 2012, 09:48 AM
Instructor
Well done, my friend. Also, congratulations on going for a level 3 lesson and doing a good job smile.gif

Ok, Alex has made some important points which I would also agree with. Remember that vibrato is like string bending. You have to return the string back to its original pitch between oscillations or it will sound out of tune.

The other thing I'd suggest is to do your vibrato motion downwards, not upwards. If you do it upwards, there is less control and it's also inconvenient to do it like that on the A string and low E because there's not enough fretboard to go wider. The only time that upwards vibrato is useful is on the B and high E string because that's the logical option as there's not enough fretboard to do it in a downwards motion. So, to recap, try this: E, A, D, G Strings = Downwards B, E strings = Upwards.

+Quote Post
skennington
May 7 2012, 07:02 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
9!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:55 PM