5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Remaking My Guitar, ...woah! Another one of these!
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 13 2008, 01:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm off to my girlfriends house tomorrow for a couple of days, so I won't get to work anymore on it 'till Monday.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 18 2008, 09:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Alright. Been away from the project for a while and will continue to be, due to some very interesting days coming up concerning my (hopefully) future apartment. It's just too exciting - so exciting that I don't get anything done besides anxiously waiting.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bubbalicious
Aug 29 2008, 10:32 PM
GMC:er
anymore pics biggrin.gif

--------------------
my gear;

guitars:epiphone x-ploror
epiphone sg special (hopeing to remake it)
caliber strat copie
oakman acoustic
amps:mega 15 watt(crap)
line 6 spider 2 30 watt
pedals:zoom pedal board
line6 fx switcher
recording:line 6 toneport gx

check out my practice agenda

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 29 2008, 10:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bubbalicious @ Aug 29 2008, 11:32 PM) *
anymore pics biggrin.gif

Still not getting on with this project, as I don't have the right tools, unfortunately. I'm going to a football tournament from tomorrow till Sunday, so I won't be back or have time before Sunday evening.

That said, I won't be getting on with this untill I get the right tools. I might buy those on Monday. Not quite sure, as I'm quite low on cash. I wouldn't mind getting all the sanding done this week at least. The rest of the work probably won't be THAT dusty and could probably be done in my hopefully new apartment/flat. What I'm talking about here is sanding in between...when making the finish on the guitar.

I know I've become pretty lazy with this, but my mind has been on many other things lately. Unfortunately... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 30 2008, 08:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 6 2008, 05:09 PM) *
I would like something like this:

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/holoflash.htm

biggrin.gif

hey, looks cool !!!! Good luck mate !!! if want to paint it like I'm doing just call me I try to help you wink.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
Aug 30 2008, 09:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Completely missed this topic ... good work so far!

My Strat was a result of something like this. It was a cheap and completely useless guitar when i got it. Most work i spend on the neck by taking away a good amount of wood from the backside. I didn't really know what i do at this time, means the possibility that the truss rod could break through didn't cross my mind smile.gif. It turned out to be perfectly shaped for me.

I think by taking off the color you got yourself in the worst (but most creative) work of giving your guitar an update, but you did most of it already, so you reach the fun part of painting.

The Parker style head looks interesting and definitely better then the one from Hohner, i just hope it will resist the tension as it's wood and not carbon ... i wouldn't like you to have an painful experience with your headstock .. smile.gif ... but i guess it will be ok, just a though.

Keep it up .. i would love to see the final result.
Good luck !!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 30 2008, 09:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 30 2008, 09:35 AM) *
hey, looks cool !!!! Good luck mate !!! if want to paint it like I'm doing just call me I try to help you wink.gif

Oh! I've been thinking about it actually. I'm no paint artist and would probably have to practice a bit first!

How would that work out on the woody finish, or would there need to be any specific finish underneath to do that? (I don't know the English word, but I do realise that there need to be some sort of...layers of something on the wood) laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 30 2008, 09:15 AM
Instructor
yeah, you will need to varnish it, that's what I'm doing with my guitar after painting it

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 1 2008, 08:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Finally got around to get the right tools:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 2 2008, 01:31 PM
Instructor
Those are nice tools! smile.gif how's the work going?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 2 2008, 01:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Been busy with phone calls and practicing vocals for Smoke on the Water today wink.gif But I will start tonight.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 2 2008, 03:43 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 1 2008, 09:09 PM) *
Finally got around to get the right tools:

Now your on the right track smile.gif Can't wait to see progress smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Sep 2 2008, 05:31 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
You are still going to attempt the scalloping right? The
way it looks is you were waiting until you could buy
the right tools. Having the right tools is always key.
This is something I wanted to attempt myself so I am
curious how it ends up for you.

The project looks like it's coming along great so far
can't wait to see your final pics smile.gif

This post has been edited by Henry Dietzel: Sep 2 2008, 05:33 PM

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 3 2008, 09:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Better keep y'all a little updated.

I started on the scalloping yesterday and got 4 frets "done", another 4 today. So that's 8 all in all. Still needs finer sanding etc. as well as the remaining 14 frets.

EDIT: On another note I think I ruined some of the...ehr...fret-thingies... but I'll have to check on that once I get the guitar done. Then I will just try and make it work and maybe sand all of those to get them proper.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 3 2008, 09:05 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 3 2008, 09:50 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Looks pretty good from here smile.gif Good job man!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 3 2008, 10:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks! Not sure if I scalloped too deep, but we'll see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 3 2008, 11:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 3 2008, 10:01 PM) *
Better keep y'all a little updated.

I started on the scalloping yesterday and got 4 frets "done", another 4 today. So that's 8 all in all. Still needs finer sanding etc. as well as the remaining 14 frets.

EDIT: On another note I think I ruined some of the...ehr...fret-thingies... but I'll have to check on that once I get the guitar done. Then I will just try and make it work and maybe sand all of those to get them proper.

Looks really good !!!! too much better than my scalloped neck !!! dry.gif ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 3 2008, 11:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks, Juan. I did notice that your guitar has a scalloped neck too! Did you do that yourself?

As I said earlier on, I am not too sure about the finish anymore. Getting the holographic paper seems quite a hassle, and this amidst me starting on a new job and moving to my own apartment has caused some delay.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 4 2008, 06:27 AM
Instructor
yes, I did it myself biggrin.gif but I'm also not sure about the finish...
Don't worry about the fret-thingies, I also had problems with them but when I put the strings I notice that they works good tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 4 2008, 01:59 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Awesome job man! That scallop job looks professional! By the way... what is BEVAR CHRISTANIA?

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:23 PM