> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

22 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Timmy B's Mentoring Thread
Timmy b
Mar 17 2013, 07:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 16 2013, 11:20 AM) *
Hey Tim!

This is much better - it has greatness and it feels spacy - just like it is intended to. The only thing that still feels a bit too small is the lead melody - maybe add some more delay to it?

Mate - here's what I suggest smile.gif Learning drum writing and orchestrating music in general is done by starting from an idea.

Do you have any guitar melodies or riffs that you would like to turn into something more complex? smile.gif

Cosmin

Thanks mate,
I fixed the main lead up a bit, it sounds a bit fuller. I had a mix up in the panning settings.

As for ideas, there's plenty of them lying around. though most would need to be re-recorded to a click track to make them useable.
I'm still away from home atm, so I don't have a guitar with me to get that done.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2013, 07:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Mar 17 2013, 06:18 PM) *
Thanks mate,
I fixed the main lead up a bit, it sounds a bit fuller. I had a mix up in the panning settings.

As for ideas, there's plenty of them lying around. though most would need to be re-recorded to a click track to make them useable.
I'm still away from home atm, so I don't have a guitar with me to get that done.

Well, when do you get home mate? smile.gif Thing is, I never worked on drums without an idea to use them for biggrin.gif Some exercise which you could do - pick up 3 songs - not to difficult and reproduce the drum tracks with virtual drums biggrin.gif

How's that for a challenge, eh? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Mar 18 2013, 08:38 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 17 2013, 07:21 PM) *
Well, when do you get home mate? smile.gif Thing is, I never worked on drums without an idea to use them for biggrin.gif Some exercise which you could do - pick up 3 songs - not to difficult and reproduce the drum tracks with virtual drums biggrin.gif

How's that for a challenge, eh? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Interesting indeed! I'll put it on my "To do" list

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 18 2013, 08:59 AM
Instructor
Alright! Let me know what songs you chose biggrin.gif Be careful that at first you won't choose ones that are too difficult, ok? Step by step is the way to go smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Mar 20 2013, 05:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey man!

Alright got a song list for you. Sorry for the delay, I don't know where the time went this week!

Ok, So I'll start with: Foo Fighters - Wheels
Then: Slash - Starlight
Then finish with: Rage against the machine - People of the sun

I think that should challenge me enough!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2013, 09:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Mar 20 2013, 04:30 PM) *
Hey man!

Alright got a song list for you. Sorry for the delay, I don't know where the time went this week!

Ok, So I'll start with: Foo Fighters - Wheels
Then: Slash - Starlight
Then finish with: Rage against the machine - People of the sun

I think that should challenge me enough!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif such a great combo! I want to hear the drums smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Mar 27 2013, 08:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin,
A quick update,
Once again the "real world" is taking up too much of my time. dry.gif Im back "home" again but there are new problems arriving. Our living arrangements are up in the air all of a sudden and my Girlfriend is having family issues that I'm caught in the middle of too. No time for music unfortunately sad.gif
But not to worry, I have started on the drum tracks, and things shouldl be back to normal here soon enough to get them done. Also, I'll be away from home tomorrow (again), so ill miss yet another vid chat. Here's hoping next Thursday things will be a bit more normal.

Anyways, hope your well and hopefully catch you soon

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 28 2013, 09:41 AM
Instructor
Tim, my friend smile.gif Thanks for the update on things - I am well and working hard with my activities. You take good care of your lady and get back to music when you feel it's time. Looking forward to hear what you came up with, drum wise!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Apr 13 2013, 01:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
All right! I'm Back!!

So everything here has stabilized once again and gone back to normal (as normal as it gets for us tongue.gif ) Its go time!

I've finally got the foo fighters track done. It was actually quite difficult! Especially the Imputing into midi. Its tricky to get the feel right
Turns out there's more to drumming then all the jokes give drummers credit for!Especially the Imputing into midi.
So I'm relatively happy with the outcome. I worked more on the actual notes and not so much on the sound. Its quite difficult to replicate those hi hats!
Ill post an Mp3 of it. I can also post the Midi file if you like. I did it in Addictive drums.

Right, So ill get stared on the next track, and pretty soon ill start on some guitar stuff again (im nursing a deeply cut finger atm sad.gif

Anyway, Hope all is good on your side. Catch you soon

Tim

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Wheels.mp3 ( 3.9MB ) Number of downloads: 74

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 14 2013, 04:17 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim! Glad you're back man smile.gif

Pfff, what in the name of God are you doing with those hands man? biggrin.gif You always get hurt somehow sad.gif

I listened to the track and it seems fine so far - I'll go a few times through it to see if I spot any differences tho.

Tell me would you be up for recording the guitars as well? I think it's going to be a great orchestration exercise - simply analyzing what Dave and the guys did with the song and understanding what goes where, will shed a lot of light on your own stuff too!

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 14 2013, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Apr 15 2013, 10:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, im a bit accident prone. Big and clumsy smile.gif

Guess I could have a go at the guitars too. Definitely be a challenge that's for sure! Ill get onto it!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 15 2013, 09:53 PM
Instructor
I'll be really looking forward to hear that mate smile.gif Will you be here with us on Thursday?

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Apr 16 2013, 06:55 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 15 2013, 10:53 PM) *
I'll be really looking forward to hear that mate smile.gif Will you be here with us on Thursday?

Yeah, Thursday should work this week. Whats the topic this week? Still the minor progressions, or have you got something else planned?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2013, 08:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Apr 16 2013, 05:55 AM) *
Yeah, Thursday should work this week. Whats the topic this week? Still the minor progressions, or have you got something else planned?

Hmmmmm, I got several topics, suggested by the guys last time and I shall see what order should I choose, because they are all good smile.gif

- Making a solo using only three notes
- Singing and playing the guitar
- Arpeggios over chords

What would you fancy, for instance? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Apr 17 2013, 06:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 16 2013, 09:29 AM) *
Hmmmmm, I got several topics, suggested by the guys last time and I shall see what order should I choose, because they are all good smile.gif

- Making a solo using only three notes
- Singing and playing the guitar
- Arpeggios over chords

What would you fancy, for instance? smile.gif

Oh Man, they're all good! I say just start at the top and do all of them in the next couple weeks! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2013, 07:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Apr 17 2013, 05:53 AM) *
Oh Man, they're all good! I say just start at the top and do all of them in the next couple weeks! smile.gif

My intention exactly laugh.gif Thank you!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 17 2013, 07:46 AM

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Apr 26 2013, 10:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Mate,

Thought I'd drop by, show you what I'm up to. I've been working on the track but its been slow progress. There's just so much to do and learn,getting good tones is hard! and getting good takes is bit tricky sometimes too!
Anyways ive been working on a couple of the main parts. The verse im quite happy with the sound, but I need to re-record it. The pre chorus is not bad I think. The chorus needs the chord voicings to be more prominent. So lots more work for me it seems tongue.gif

See what you think, Maybe it some frequencies stand out to you, my headphones aren't the best.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Wheels___Preview.mp3 ( 859.29K ) Number of downloads: 72

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 27 2013, 09:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Apr 26 2013, 09:23 PM) *
Hello Mate,

Thought I'd drop by, show you what I'm up to. I've been working on the track but its been slow progress. There's just so much to do and learn,getting good tones is hard! and getting good takes is bit tricky sometimes too!
Anyways ive been working on a couple of the main parts. The verse im quite happy with the sound, but I need to re-record it. The pre chorus is not bad I think. The chorus needs the chord voicings to be more prominent. So lots more work for me it seems tongue.gif

See what you think, Maybe it some frequencies stand out to you, my headphones aren't the best.

Wow biggrin.gif Tim! I am uber proud man - indeed, the first part of the verse was just a tiny bit shaky, but hell bro, you nailed a good tone on the chorus. Good timing and balance. YOU MUST finish this smile.gif I am more than confident that you are on a good path. The chorus sounds very authentic - you know what will follow after finishing the guitars, right? biggrin.gif Regarding the verse, the tone is a bit thin, but nothing else stands out as an issue.

It is a lot of work, but this is how you get into the routine of writing/ recording/ arranging. I really hope this will be the beginning of a beautiful journey for you. Post as soon as you have progressed with the track and let me know if you need my assistance with something else, k?

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Apr 27 2013, 06:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 27 2013, 10:28 AM) *
Wow biggrin.gif Tim! I am uber proud man - indeed, the first part of the verse was just a tiny bit shaky, but hell bro, you nailed a good tone on the chorus. Good timing and balance. YOU MUST finish this smile.gif I am more than confident that you are on a good path. The chorus sounds very authentic - you know what will follow after finishing the guitars, right? biggrin.gif Regarding the verse, the tone is a bit thin, but nothing else stands out as an issue.

It is a lot of work, but this is how you get into the routine of writing/ recording/ arranging. I really hope this will be the beginning of a beautiful journey for you. Post as soon as you have progressed with the track and let me know if you need my assistance with something else, k?

Thanks Man!

It is quite a good learning experience. There's so many aspects that need consideration when putting together a track. lots of trial and error.
Im finding it a lot easier and satisfying to be just recording a cover, It takes the arranging and writing factor out, which makes it a lot less daunting. It will definitely lay down the path for future works
Ill keep at it and keep you posted as it comes along. As for the Vocals, we'll see tongue.gif

Oh, and the licks in the vid chat on Thursday were really cool!

Catch you next time

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 28 2013, 07:16 AM
Instructor
Thanks mate - I learned even more biggrin.gif I am trying to get some new stuff into my arsenal, as lately, I haven't had time to practice new stuff at all and it feels frustrating not to, you know..

Anyway, I totally agree with you in what regards the covering - that's how you learn biggrin.gif And then, BAM, onward to the next step!

Now, I'll see you on Thursday and in the mean time, post in here when you have new stuff on the track smile.gif By the way, how's that finger going?

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:26 AM