Sight Reading 2nd Drill, Learn your Open Strings
Vinod Saranga
Sep 24 2007, 11:18 AM
Acoustic Instructor
OK,
Now the second drill.Before that I want you to follow my tips for a quick improvement.
This skill need time.but not a lot.You need to do these drills everyday or every other day If you really need a progress.5 mins per day is more than enough.Doing the all drills in one day will not give you a good result.
Sight Reading will give you the ability to name any note in your Fret Board.Vocalise the note and see it on your guitar.
First few lessons doesn't contain any hard rythem.It only focus on your knowledge to identify the correct notes.Later there will be more complex rythems.

Ok stick to the Drill rules

1.Visualize the Notes.(1st GP5 file)

2.Sing along the notes with guitar pro (2nd Gp file(no need of accurate pitch since this is not a singing lesson,Mute the track if it disturbs you)

3.Play the Drill on your guitar with metronome (not by memory).Read and Play simultaneously.

Check Out the first drill here
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=7163

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Sight_Reading_Lesson_2.gp5 ( 1.84K ) Number of downloads: 307
Attached File  Sight_Reading_Lesson_2_drill.gp5 ( 2.08K ) Number of downloads: 280

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Sep 24 2007, 01:26 PM
Acoustic Instructor
Oh! I forget that all of you don't have Guitar Pro.
No problem Download below pictures and practise with your metronome (tempo 40 bpm)
But don't forget to check out drill instructions @ https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=7173

1st Drill
Attached Image
Attached Image

2nd Drill
Attached Image
Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Sep 24 2007, 05:58 PM
GMC:er
[quote name='Vinod' date='Sep 24 2007, 02:26 PM' post='66416']
Oh! I forget that all of you don't have Guitar Pro.
No problem Download below pictures and practise with your metronome (tempo 40 bpm)
But don't forget to check out drill instructions @ https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=7173

Hi Vinod! Eddie here.
I think this is very useful, specially for a beginner like me.
I've seen this GP stuff a lot around the site.
But what is it exactly?
Is it a software? And if so, can it be downloaded somewhere?
Thank you, Eddie wink.gif

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Sep 24 2007, 06:11 PM
Acoustic Instructor
Hi Eddie,
It is a software.You can play write guitar tabs and it's very useful.You have to pay to get Guitar pro full version.but they offer 15 day trial version here the ir site http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php

--------------------

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Sep 24 2007, 06:27 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Vinod @ Sep 24 2007, 07:11 PM) *
Hi Eddie,
It is a software.You can play write guitar tabs and it's very useful.You have to pay to get Guitar pro full version.but they offer 15 day trial version here the ir site http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php

Thank you very much indeed!
I'll immediately go and check!
Keep these lessons coming,
they are very useful.
Cheers, Eddie smile.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 20 2007, 10:34 AM
Lets go fishing!
This is a really awsome lesson! Very usefull to combine my fretboard knowledge with reading sheet music - thanks!! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Nov 20 2007, 05:29 PM
Acoustic Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 20 2007, 03:34 PM) *
This is a really awsome lesson! Very usefull to combine my fretboard knowledge with reading sheet music - thanks!! smile.gif

Congrats

Keep up the sight reading everyday,

Glad to hear that it is very useful for you guys. smile.gif

Drills are coming........

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:02 AM