2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Pod Farm Questions
Todd Simpson
Apr 22 2014, 06:01 AM
GMC:er
Great news that you got TH2!!! Download some of the patches in my PATCH ARCHIVE and some of the ones I put up with every lesson and see which ones you like smile.gif You can tweak them a bit to get them to your liking.

Please do share your results!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEE TH2 smile.gif

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 22 2014, 06:07 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 11 2014, 05:24 AM
I Gotta agree with what was said a few times. If you open it up and poke around and aren't generally happy then it's not hte product for you.

(but also the POD stuff is a bug thumbs down in my book) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Mar 12 2014, 08:37 PM) *
Hi

I have had Pod Farm for a while now and experimented with it quite a bit but have never really created a tone that I really liked. I was playing about with it last night and was changing settings on the 4 band semiparametric EQ. I was just wondering is there a general rule to go by in which frequency range you should stay in. Also with the preamps is there also rules to follow regarding dialling in settings or simply things to avoid doing.

Cheers Sean

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 11 2014, 05:59 AM
Well thanks BLISTER!! smile.gif P.S. I owned a POD X3 for a short while and I must say I was very underwhelmed sad.gif The FX section was BRILLIANT IMHO, with very nice delay/reverb/chorus settings, but the HIGH GAIN AMPS were just a FIZZ/MUD tornado. It seemed ok on lower gain settings or just for use as FX but I really need krunchy high gain amp models and I've tried about every product you might think of and as far as plugins go, I keep going back to OVERLOUD TH2.

For hardware, I've only ever had two modelers that could pull of the tone I'm trying to get and thats the 11 RACK and the ancient Digitech GNX3 which was their best unit ever IMHO. I've tried various digitech modelers and hated all of them, same for the pods. However, this is just me, some folks LOVE THE PODS!!!! And some folks love the newer digitech stuff!!! I've heard KILLER TONES from products that I didn't like at all from folks on youtube for example.

So it really does come down to personal prefs at some point. If you get tired of banging your head against the pod, I'd say try some of my overloud patches smile.gif Or just sell/trade your pod for a used 11 Rack smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Blister @ Apr 22 2014, 12:47 AM) *
Pod Farm is great for what it is & I like & started with Pod Farm myself but the GMC resident Amp Modeling Tone Guru Todd Simpson converted me to Overloud TH2 & I am truly happy smile.gif about it. I haven't downloaded half the TH2 presets Todd has created but he really makes some great presets so I highly recommend downloading as many as you can & try them out.

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 2 2014, 08:21 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Im currently using the old pod farm with a ux1, if I were to switch to, say, overloud would I need a new audio interface or can the ux1 still be used?

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 2 2014, 09:25 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 2 2014, 08:21 AM) *
Im currently using the old pod farm with a ux1, if I were to switch to, say, overloud would I need a new audio interface or can the ux1 still be used?

You'll be fine using the same interface

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 2 2014, 11:48 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jun 2 2014, 09:25 AM) *
You'll be fine using the same interface

cool smile.gif thanks dude.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 4 2014, 09:16 PM
GO COSMIN!! That patch sounds KILLER IMHO!!! I"d say keep that patch and use it as a template and try tweaking it from there. Also, perhaps a pinch more gain/level at the input stage would help. You can always use an overdrive pedal with the gain at 0 and the level at 6+ tone about half way. This can drive the input section of the sim harder and make it more punchy.

The ibby RG321 is a fine playing guitar but the pickups are it's weak spot. You can make up for their lack by using the overdrive as mentioned though smile.gif

Also, well said SAMURAI on the SCUFFHAM plugin! It's got a great tube tone and is worth adding to your plugins smile.gif Also, the PEAVEY REVALVER is KILLER for high gain 5150 tones. Try them both!

Todd

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Mar 16 2014, 07:55 AM) *
Hi Cosmin thanks a lot. I just bought a Ibanez RG321 of ebay and got it set up on drop C. Here is a little play about with your patch smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/sean-agnew-1990/drop-c

Hi

I am mostly trying to get the tone close to the lessons I am working on it at GMC.So pretty much ranging from nice soft warm tones to full on gain tones. smile.gif

That Peavey Revalver sounds interesting I will check it out cheers

As far as I know the ux1 can be used as a stand alone interface so you can use any plugins you like with it smile.gif Just launch reaper and pick a plugin smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 2 2014, 03:21 AM) *

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2014, 08:02 AM
Instructor
Thanks Todd! It's not my work tho - as I think I mentioned in that thread, these patches are the creation of my bandmate Cezar wink.gif He is well versed with this sort of stuff and he knows his way around the POD Farm biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:59 AM