Hi There Zsolt., Alternate Picking/ Sweeping Info
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 1 2009, 11:06 PM
GMC:er
Just want to say first and foremost that your an outstanding player and I love all your lessons. - biggrin.gif

I was wondering if you could give a bit of insight on how long it took you to develop your Great Alternate Picking and Sweeping technique, and maybe a bit of tips that you found useful to try to master both of them. And maybe even some exercises that you found useful.

I just like to hear what different instructors say in regards to it.

And also I was wondering where the tuning inspiration came from, is it just for the metal sound and easy vibrato or is there more to it ? biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Zsolt Galambos
Jun 2 2009, 02:20 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 2 2009, 12:06 AM) *
Just want to say first and foremost that your an outstanding player and I love all your lessons. - biggrin.gif

I was wondering if you could give a bit of insight on how long it took you to develop your Great Alternate Picking and Sweeping technique, and maybe a bit of tips that you found useful to try to master both of them. And maybe even some exercises that you found useful.

I just like to hear what different instructors say in regards to it.

And also I was wondering where the tuning inspiration came from, is it just for the metal sound and easy vibrato or is there more to it ? biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot.

Hi mate!

Thank you for your kind words!

Since I had to repractice my picking and sweep picking style, it took me quite a long time:) That means about 6-7 years alltogether. If I consider the newest method I'm practicing, it took me 2-3 years.
It really depends on your focus and effort you put into the learning and practicing method. If you don't want to relearn everything, you need to focus a lot on your technique. To start out, I recommend 1 and 2 string patterns at first, but play it on every string untill you get completely familiar with the sequences. You can start working on playing patterns on more strings. It can be boring tho, but you can actually make it fun the following way: learn a 1 or 2 string sequence and immediately incorporate it to your technique and build some solos and improvise using the same sequences. You have a lot of good excercizes here on GMC, so try to pick them carefuly. You can even learn a solo and change it a bit to mach your style and put your sequences into them

The tuning idea came from my band Wisdom and another band, a Pantera cover that I play in. It is much easier to play on D, as the strings are more loose, and you can get a much more heavyer sound this way.

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 2 2009, 08:40 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Jun 2 2009, 06:20 AM) *
Hi mate!

Thank you for your kind words!

Since I had to repractice my picking and sweep picking style, it took me quite a long time:) That means about 6-7 years alltogether. If I consider the newest method I'm practicing, it took me 2-3 years.
It really depends on your focus and effort you put into the learning and practicing method. If you don't want to relearn everything, you need to focus a lot on your technique. To start out, I recommend 1 and 2 string patterns at first, but play it on every string untill you get completely familiar with the sequences. You can start working on playing patterns on more strings. It can be boring tho, but you can actually make it fun the following way: learn a 1 or 2 string sequence and immediately incorporate it to your technique and build some solos and improvise using the same sequences. You have a lot of good excercizes here on GMC, so try to pick them carefuly. You can even learn a solo and change it a bit to mach your style and put your sequences into them

The tuning idea came from my band Wisdom and another band, a Pantera cover that I play in. It is much easier to play on D, as the strings are more loose, and you can get a much more heavyer sound this way.

Cheers

Thanks for all the info man, I will be asking more questions on your side of the forum wink.gif

Peace!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Jun 2 2009, 08:54 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 2 2009, 09:40 PM) *
Thanks for all the info man, I will be asking more questions on your side of the forum wink.gif

Peace!

Please feel free to do so smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:50 PM