Hey Everyone, i just registered yesterday
petadeer
May 2 2007, 04:35 AM
GMC:er
hey everyone. my name is brian. on may 30, i will have been playing for two years. currently i live in san jose with my occupation as a student. i'm a junior at age 16. seeing the young students of kristofer on freelicks was inspiring. i'm a big fan of paul gilbert. where should i start?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 2 2007, 02:17 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (petadeer @ May 1 2007, 11:35 PM) *
hey everyone. my name is brian. on may 30, i will have been playing for two years. currently i live in san jose with my occupation as a student. i'm a junior at age 16. seeing the young students of kristofer on freelicks was inspiring. i'm a big fan of paul gilbert. where should i start?

That depends on what you have learnt already and where you want to be as a guitarist. I would suggest you look at Kris' metronome lesson, and his how to practice lesson, and use that as a basis to build your practice on, pulling in elements and techniques from lessons that interest you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 2 2007, 04:27 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (petadeer @ May 2 2007, 12:35 AM) *

Hey welcome. It will be two years for me too but on July 1. I was teaching myself up until I found this site. You know chords a few songs nothing technical but this site is awesome. Lots of great people and the instructors are amazing. I kinda looked around the lessons when I first got here just to see what kinda stuff there was but decided to start from stratch with the beginner lessons just to get my technique down and perfect what I knew. You'll have to tinker with this as you want to keep yourself motivated but you shouldn't have any trouble doing that here....so much cool stuff to learn.

+Quote Post
Robin
May 2 2007, 07:36 PM
I think you should go trough all the beginner lessons. I had played for 4 years before I joined GMC, still learned alot from the beginner lessons, I was a complete newb though.

+Quote Post
petadeer
May 5 2007, 08:42 PM
this site is pretty cool. um i've always been working with a metronome and i did view all the basic videos but they're stuff i already know. the phrasing video seems interesting since that's what i'm having the most trouble with. but i guess there's not much that can be taught there except to just go out and improvise

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:47 PM