Agile Guitars?, ...anyone know a thing about them?
fatb0t
Jan 22 2008, 06:54 AM
GMC:er
http://www.rondomusic.com/ps970bk.html

I'm a poor college student but I desperately need a Floyd Rose equiped guitar to get those NASTY natural harmoic whammy's - I was thinking about a Ibanez Prestige model, but this caught my eye

Any opinions fellow GMCers?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Jan 22 2008, 07:02 AM
GMC:er
Well, you do know the saying, "You get what you pay for" and I think that applies here. The quality will be lacking. I've never played/seen a licensed gold Floyd rose tremolo that worked well. It's all up to preference, but I would steer away.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 22 2008, 11:55 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
After my rescent problems with the Edge III on my Ibanez I'm more sceptic to cheap FR like tremolos.
What has happened to mine is that the knife edge on one side started to wear down and also wear down the pin it was resting against. It became impossible to keep it in tune for a longer period of time.

Then on the other hand I have a FR licenced trem in a Charvel (Japan built) that I bought in the mid 90's and that one was ok last time I looked.
These days I'd be more suspicious towards a licenced FR. I belive "Japan built" calls for quality during the 80-90's soewhere, "Made in China" has more to do with saving money.

Check the customer reviews at harmony-central for this guitar
not made in China, but Korea I read there now

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 22 2008, 12:38 PM
Instructor
There is a big difference between "Licensed FR" and "Original FR" - Original Floyd Rose is of course better.

I saw Agile guitars a few months ago and this was the one i stopped at - really sick looking 7-string: http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptor.html

I already had a 320$ RG370DX and it was a great guitar for the price. As long as it is not a Squire it's a good guitar to have smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 22 2008, 04:11 PM
Instructor
Looks quite nice,reminds of PRS a bit biggrin.gif

And yeah,I had gold licensed Floyd once,can't remember the brand atm,
but it was really bad,corrosion destroyed it in less than 2 months blink.gif

I'm not saying that this one is the same but original is original,
and price says a lot a s well...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:24 PM