> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Yash's Preparation Spot
Yash
Jun 17 2012, 09:17 AM
GMC:er
Hey Cosmin, I need some help.

I've been learning For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica, for over 1 year, and I can't play the Lead part in the beginning. Its all 8th note triplets played at 120 BPM (studio) and 130-135 BPM (live).

Here's the GP file I created to teach myself. You'll find my name in the first track and that's the parts I've chosen for my self. I have problems in these parts

- Intro C
- Intro D
- Singing and Playing during the Chorus. I can do them perfectly separately, but not simultaneously. I lose the rhythm.
- Bridge - I can't remember the notes.

Attached File  For_Whom_the_Bell_Tolls.gp5 ( 92.79K ) Number of downloads: 94

I can do everything else very well. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 17 2012, 09:22 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 18 2012, 07:04 PM
Instructor
Howdy Yash smile.gif mate, I want to ask you if you internalized those parts - here's what I think you should do:

1) Listen to the parts until you can remember them very very well in your head
2) Tap your foot against the beat while listening so you can understand where all the subdivisions and beats are being played
3) Use software such as 'The amazing slowdowner' to slow down the original track and listen with even more focus wink.gif - this software is a lifesaver biggrin.gif
4) Try to play slowly with the track, once you slowed it down in the software
5) gradually raise speed till you reach the 120 BPM limit

Sounds fair enough, right? smile.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 19 2012, 02:39 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 18 2012, 11:34 PM) *
Howdy Yash smile.gif mate, I want to ask you if you internalized those parts - here's what I think you should do:

1) Listen to the parts until you can remember them very very well in your head
2) Tap your foot against the beat while listening so you can understand where all the subdivisions and beats are being played
3) Use software such as 'The amazing slowdowner' to slow down the original track and listen with even more focus wink.gif - this software is a lifesaver biggrin.gif
4) Try to play slowly with the track, once you slowed it down in the software
5) gradually raise speed till you reach the 120 BPM limit

Sounds fair enough, right? smile.gif

Cosmin

OK, here are my replies to each point wink.gif I have internalized the song biggrin.gif Its in my head.

1) I can remember each part in my head well and can visualize in my head what I need to play in a kinda 'Mental Fretboard"
2) Tap foot with each kick on the Bass drum ???? I didn't get this point well.
3) I'll try this software.
4) I can play PERFECTLY at 100 bpm, all parts smile.gif Haven't tried anything faster except the original tempo.

My main problem is the singing during chorus. I am comfortable at everything else, except lead parts, which I am working on at 100 bpm smile.gif

Oh, yes, There is another problem. I don't have enough stamina to last. I get tired very fast during the lead part and my left hand starts to hurt, not fingers, the hand. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 19 2012, 03:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2012, 05:22 PM
Instructor
Mate, if stamina is your problem, slow practice will build it up smile.gif I think what you need here is... patience biggrin.gif

About tapping the foot - tap it against the drum element which keeps the BPM in quarter notes - most probably the hi-hats smile.gif the idea is to be able to follow an element which is almost always constant and on which the whole groove relies upon for the tempo - it's usually the hi-hats

Do you know what hi-hats are?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 25 2012, 07:54 AM
Sorry for the lack of posts sad.gif
I was having real internet problems and my family didn't let me play much at all the whole week sad.gif
Now, I am back.

Regarding your previous post, Yes I know what hi-hats are now. And I can do the tapping foot part. The only thing that remains is... Singing during the chorus. I lose the rhythm sometimes. Can you please help me with that ??? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2012, 07:47 PM
Instructor
You mean singing using your voice? Man this is tricky business biggrin.gif When I rehearse for Aria - I write down the words parted into sylables under the notes where they are being played. It's a bit of a tedious work but as soon as you understand where the words come into play, it's gonna be easier.

Anyway, singing while playing, especially more complex things is an art in itself smile.gif I'm learning too biggrin.gif

ready when you are...but, why aren't your folks letting you play? sad.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 1 2012, 05:59 PM
Sorry for the lack of posts again (I am doing this too often. Extremely sorry Master sad.gif ) I'll get back with the tasks reorganized and vids soon smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 2 2012, 10:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 1 2012, 04:59 PM) *
Sorry for the lack of posts again (I am doing this too often. Extremely sorry Master sad.gif ) I'll get back with the tasks reorganized and vids soon smile.gif

Howdy Yash smile.gif well, I am expecting nice results since, being off the forums can only mean more time for guitar playing biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 2 2012, 10:49 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 2 2012, 03:09 PM) *
Howdy Yash smile.gif well, I am expecting nice results since, being off the forums can only mean more time for guitar playing biggrin.gif

Nah, to be honest, I wasn't playing much. Did u get my PM ? I think you didn't.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 2 2012, 11:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 2 2012, 09:49 AM) *
Nah, to be honest, I wasn't playing much. Did u get my PM ? I think you didn't.

Hey Yash, you are in for a treat smile.gif the previous session, which you have missed, will be the one which i will choose for replay wink.gif so, you will be able to watch and enjoy entirely biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 2 2012, 01:25 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 2 2012, 03:39 PM) *
Hey Yash, you are in for a treat smile.gif the previous session, which you have missed, will be the one which i will choose for replay wink.gif so, you will be able to watch and enjoy entirely biggrin.gif

Yes, Yes, Yes. Thank You Thank You Thank You. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif : D big hug to my brother biggrin.gif

But, you know me, I have many questions. So, will I be able to ask or not ???? huh.gif laugh.gif

I still wish I could attend it. Any plans of doing the same topic, or similar in future, you may ommit odd groupings. Let's just do scale sequencing smile.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Jul 2 2012, 01:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 2 2012, 03:41 PM
Instructor
You can ask me anything you want man smile.gif This Thursday I will develop the subject explaining note grouping in some specific licks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 31 2012, 02:11 PM
Thought I'd bump the thread laugh.gif

Bittersweet Memories.

It was 1 AM when I shot this, so I don't look good tongue.gif And my biological clock was disturbed due to the power loss and blackouts here, so, I couldn't sleep well and stuff. laugh.gif

And, I am nervous in front of the camera. sad.gif so, you know, I don't know how to explain this. I'll try talking to you with videos more, so I can develop my confidence on the camera too smile.gif I don't know, something happens when I face the camera. I tried to talk in the video, but I don't know. I just shot it and done. No more words. Check it out and then we'll talk about both the things. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Jul 31 2012, 02:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 1 2012, 11:41 AM
Instructor
I salute your initiative little bro! It is a great idea biggrin.gif

First - you can sing and I like the way your voice could sound if used at it's full potential, but you have to develop confidence in your voice and get acquainted with the way it sounds in various contexts and dynamic ranges.

Now my technique is the following:

1) Write down a Guitar Pro file containing two parallel tracks - one featuring the guitar part and one featuring the voice part.
2) When you are finished - look at the way in which they go one against the other and slow the tracks down at the level where you can comfortably sing and play against the GP tracks.
3) After understanding where each note goes where, take each bar at a time and try to sing and play at the slowest tempo available.
4) Once you become confident and you understand the metric relationship between the guitar parts and your voice, things will become easier.

I am doing the same thing with the chorus on Aria's song called Meta - the second part is featuring a guitar formula which is pretty difficult to play while also singing.

I will post a GP file here with it, so you can have an example at hand wink.gif

What say you, Yash?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 1 2012, 12:06 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 1 2012, 04:11 PM) *
I salute your initiative little bro! It is a great idea biggrin.gif

First - you can sing and I like the way your voice could sound if used at it's full potential, but you have to develop confidence in your voice and get acquainted with the way it sounds in various contexts and dynamic ranges.

Hmmm.. my voice.. I like the way I listen to it in my ears, not too much, and I absolutely HATE it on video or when its recorded.. kinda like nasal. I dont know, my voice changed a lot during the past 2-3 years, maybe because of the different singers I listen to and when I try to sing along tongue.gif But I've seen I have some descent range, almost 3.5 octaves, maybe four tongue.gif biggrin.gif I need to test it out. How to do that, I have no idea, I just compared my range to Dave Mustaine, Chester Bennington and some more guys, I seemed to match tongue.gif laugh.gif So I think its descent.

Now, I need to develop my voice smile.gif My brother used to say I sounded like Adam Gontier of Three Days Grace back in the day laugh.gif But I heard to a lot of Led Zeppelin thought my voice was too low, and tried to expand my upper range and now my voice got higher laugh.gif I really need to develop, as I like to say it, the Tone of my voice smile.gif And I am interested in screaming a lot too biggrin.gif Bullet For My Valentine and Chester Bennington are to blame. I really love screaming, but I've started to suck at it since my voice started changing and my throat hurts too sad.gif Help me with that too big brother biggrin.gif tongue.gif

So, the goal is, start developing the voice too smile.gif along with my guitar skills wink.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 1 2012, 04:11 PM) *
Now my technique is the following:

1) Write down a Guitar Pro file containing two parallel tracks - one featuring the guitar part and one featuring the voice part.
2) When you are finished - look at the way in which they go one against the other and slow the tracks down at the level where you can comfortably sing and play against the GP tracks.
3) After understanding where each note goes where, take each bar at a time and try to sing and play at the slowest tempo available.
4) Once you become confident and you understand the metric relationship between the guitar parts and your voice, things will become easier.

I am doing the same thing with the chorus on Aria's song called Meta - the second part is featuring a guitar formula which is pretty difficult to play while also singing.

I will post a GP file here with it, so you can have an example at hand wink.gif

What say you, Yash?

Cosmin

I tried this. Heard it from someone, Alexi Laiho maybe, I'll give it another shot. I somehow lose the tempo and I was not able to sing properly slowly, felt unnatural and... this affected the guitar playing too sad.gif I'll give it another shot and see what happens smile.gif

Thanks for reading my novel Cosmin tongue.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Aug 1 2012, 12:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2012, 03:19 PM
Instructor
Patience will solve everything smile.gif Sometimes, it takes time to solve ONE BAR ONLY wink.gif

I will send th GP file and you let me know if you can play what's there and also sing - you have Meta on the FB page, right? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 2 2012, 04:50 PM
Sing and play what man ? Meta or Bittersweet Memories ? I dont think the chorus of Meta is too complicated. Just a little gallop or triplet. Maybe I could do it wink.gif I didn't find it too complicated. Not more than Bittersweet Memories dry.gif laugh.gif

I'll give it a try too smile.gif Give me the file and lyircs. smile.gif

And, what's up with my voice ? I wanted to discuss that too. Maybe, if you like, in today's chat smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2012, 05:42 PM
Instructor
If you can sing this biggrin.gif I will resign the post and let you become Aria's singer!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Aria___Meta__Chorus_.gp5 ( 4.65K ) Number of downloads: 81

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 2 2012, 05:49 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 2 2012, 10:12 PM) *
If you can sing this biggrin.gif I will resign the post and let you become Aria's singer!

laugh.gif Good joke Cosmin laugh.gif YOU ARE ARIA !!!! (Partially only, the other guitarist is equally important I think wink.gif The one who screams biggrin.gif )

I'll try my best to do it smile.gif Track 1 is the guitar part I need to play, track two is the vocal melody I need to sing, right ? wink.gif

What about the lyrics ?

I'll quit Bittersweet Memories for sometime, and focus on this wink.gif Maybe, I can do it biggrin.gif No need to resign though, I am not even 10% of a good singer you are laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2012, 05:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Aug 2 2012, 04:49 PM) *
laugh.gif Good joke Cosmin laugh.gif YOU ARE ARIA !!!! (Partially only, the other guitarist is equally important I think wink.gif The one who screams biggrin.gif )

I'll try my best to do it smile.gif Track 1 is the guitar part I need to play, track two is the vocal melody I need to sing, right ? wink.gif

What about the lyrics ?

I'll quit Bittersweet Memories for sometime, and focus on this wink.gif Maybe, I can do it biggrin.gif No need to resign though, I am not even 10% of a good singer you are laugh.gif

Try it with humming for starting out, k? Your assumptions about the tracks are correct and about the role of Cezar in Aria we are both equally Aria biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th April 2024 - 10:16 PM