2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Quick Poll, What Makes You Nervous
Questions:
When are you most nervous out of the following?
The moments before you get onstage... [ 10 ] ** [24.39%]
The hour before you're suppose to go on a date with a woman/man you're enamored with... [ 13 ] ** [31.71%]
The moments before your significant other pulls you onto the dance floor..... [ 5 ] ** [12.20%]
The moments before you have to have a "one on one" conversation with your boss/teacher/principal... [ 5 ] ** [12.20%]
The amount of time you spend in the waiting room outside the doctors/dentists office... [ 7 ] ** [17.07%]
The amount of time spent in line waiting for a very intimidating roller coaster... [ 1 ] ** [2.44%]
Total Votes: 41
Guests cannot vote 
Spiderusalem
Nov 12 2007, 07:52 AM
GMC:er
Just wondering what makes yall nervous (so I can use it against you later!)

I'm a nervous wreck the moments before I get onstage. It doesn't matter what I'm doing...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 12 2007, 08:10 AM
I picked the waiting at doctor's cause i have to go once every month and have surugry's like atleast twice a year.I just hate waiting tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 12 2007, 08:36 AM
Where is "the moments before you open a Spiderusalem poll"? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 12 2007, 08:40 AM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 11 2007, 11:36 PM) *
Where is "the moments before you open a Spiderusalem poll"? huh.gif

I thought you'd be use to it by now wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Nov 12 2007, 09:02 AM
im like you, i fear of getting onstage no matter what it is, i start freaking out and shaking... i wonder what my first gig will be like sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 12 2007, 09:08 AM
Instructor
Doctor here as well ohmy.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Nov 12 2007, 09:15 AM
Honey, Please don't make me dance...I'm still sober

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 12 2007, 09:25 AM
The hour before you're suppose to go on a date with a woman/man you're enamored with... tongue.gif unsure.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 12 2007, 09:26 AM
hmm Doctors comes pretty close.

I get nervous sometimes when I am driving somewhere far. Or maybe just meeting new people, especially girls but thats more like shyness more than nervous.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 12 2007, 10:12 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Doctor for me, everytime i go i am diagnosed with something bad, Arthritis, Mono, Broken Bones, Infected Broken Bones, severly decreasing eyesight, it just always sucks....

+Quote Post
spdalton
Nov 12 2007, 10:14 AM
Ugh... dancing.

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Nov 12 2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, dancing for me too, but what probably makes most nervous of all is the moment right before I initiate a conversation with a girl that I don't know. I'm fine after that, but it's just that first moment. Sucks laugh.gif

You didn't have that on your poll, though mad.gif mad.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Nov 12 2007, 12:01 PM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 12 2007, 12:05 PM
cause Spidey is a ladies man. He talks to much to Jane.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 12 2007, 05:58 PM
Lets go fishing!
I get well wound up before a date, to the point im never my good old fun self when i get there!! laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 12 2007, 07:05 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Nov 12 2007, 03:05 AM) *
cause Spidey is a ladies man. He talks to much to Jane.

what you say holds true (sorta) I may not be a ladies man, but I have no problems talking to strange people (even attractive women). I dont know if you'd intuit this but I rarely get embarassed, and I'm never shy. Its not confidence as much as I just dont care.... cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 12 2007, 09:51 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 12 2007, 01:05 PM) *
I dont know if you'd intuit this but I rarely get embarassed, and I'm never shy. Its not confidence as much as I just dont care.... cool.gif

Well this is interesting... that's not the impression I got from your forum presence at all wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Francisca
Nov 12 2007, 10:00 PM
I never had stage fear, just the standard jitters but nothing serious. Waiting in the room with a doctor or dentist is something I find far worst.

1) You're there because something is wrong

2) You're in a room with people having something wrong with them

3) You don't know quite what's wrong with you and you fear it's always worse than you yourself can imagine.

I'm not good with people, at all. I'm not really shy, I'm kinda a clown on stage. I've done very weird wicked things there that well I shall not share here. But you know, when you're on stage, either playing with a band or singing in a musical - most of the time you can't even see the audience. You just stare in that black comforting void while 1000 watts lights is making you sweat like an otter.

Other things that make me nervous are traveling by public transportation. For a long time I had to be picked up by my man so we could travel together, otherwise I was too afraid.

Yet, when I wear my entertainer hat I seem to care none at all.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 12 2007, 10:45 PM
Instructor
I guess most of us have problems with going on date biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I sure do get a bit nervous before the stage but it's not the same feeling as when going on a date wink.gif The stage makes you nervous but in an exciting kind of way.

Also i bet that after a year of work at GMC i will never get nervous before going on stage because performing in front of thousands of guitarists is way more difficult than performing in front of hundreds regular people who know nothing about guitar biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 12 2007, 11:01 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
It wasn't an option to select but random polls authored by Spiderusalem generally makes me nervous unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 12 2007, 11:03 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 12 2007, 05:01 PM) *
It wasn't an option to select but random polls authored by Spiderusalem generally makes me nervous unsure.gif

+1 unsure.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:52 AM