Training Picks
Mertay
Aug 31 2017, 11:20 AM
GMC:er
Visited a friend who works in a major music store here. They recently started selling daddario products but the store was currently changing its design and there were boxes everywhere.

I noticed this pick in a small bag; http://www.daddario.com/pwProductDetail.Pa...b3-79fdf22804fd

I couldn't try them as they weren't for sale yet but did look interesting. There is a barrier on the pick and if you give the wrong angle or keep the tip too long of the pick it gets in the way with the string. Thought it might be a cool idea for beginners or getting rid of a bad habbit for any guitar player.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Aug 31 2017, 02:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
That is a cool idea. I love seeing companies make things with new real ideas, good or bad. Anything but marketing copy suggesting their latest greatest material is going to give you the uber-tonez.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 1 2017, 12:41 AM
GMC:er
Very Spiff Idea! Of course, one could cut such lines in their current picks with a sharp knife if they want to have a physical reminder of where to place fingers without having to switch picks. It's a good idea to have some sort of physical thing to remind one's hands where to place.

I would like to see the tip be a bit sharper but that could be fixed with a sharp pocket knife smile.gif The STYLUS pick comes up now and then as a good training pick. I still think it's a good way to train one on the physical aspects of alternate picking as it's designed to almost force you in to proper technique. I learned to actually pick in a precise manner due to the stylus pick! I was just terrible at it before I got one of those from a friend and did some of the drills. It was REALLY awkward at first until I finally "Got it" then everything was MUCH easier after that.

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 31 2017, 06:20 AM) *
Visited a friend who works in a major music store here. They recently started selling daddario products but the store was currently changing its design and there were boxes everywhere.

I noticed this pick in a small bag; http://www.daddario.com/pwProductDetail.Pa...b3-79fdf22804fd

I couldn't try them as they weren't for sale yet but did look interesting. There is a barrier on the pick and if you give the wrong angle or keep the tip too long of the pick it gets in the way with the string. Thought it might be a cool idea for beginners or getting rid of a bad habbit for any guitar player.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:55 PM