3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Goals For 2013?
Ulrik
Jan 2 2013, 06:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (zoom @ Jan 2 2013, 06:10 PM) *
Ha laugh.gif Ulrik that's my goal to run a sub 4 marathon this year. I've done 4.20 and 4.04 but I'm hitting the wall about 35km mark.

I did 4.17 in 2011 and in 2012 I had a reasonable speed, but my knee started to hurt all too much after 17 km

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jan 2 2013, 07:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Trying out for a new band - hopefully we're a match and the other musicians are good. It's a start-up. Looking to concentrate more on guitar and less on vocals, but doing harmonies and backup vocals is the focus of this group.

Playing more shows.
Practicing more.
Making money gigging (haha, righhhhht....)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2013, 09:59 PM
GMC:er
Great question! I'd like to spend more time on things that aren't directly connected to making money. E.G. more writing music, recording music, sharing music. Just for the sake of the Music!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 2 2013, 07:30 AM) *
Hello guys! How are you? How did you start the 2013?
Every time a year begins we use to make balance and set new goals... have you done it?

What are your goals for this new year?

+Quote Post
Spock
Jan 2 2013, 10:32 PM
Of course I have all the standard goals; grow a foot taller, make a Billion dollars, become Dictator of the United States. As far as guitar goes I want to be able to improvise effectively, doesn't have to be shredding, just be able to put together some tasteful melodic patterns over whatever is playing, without writing them in my head and picking them out of there first. I would like to have a basic understanding of theory and also be able to nail that Level 6 Modern Metal Solo - Marco Sfogli.

Oh, and quit smoking of course, I'm using one of those e-Cigs now, I'm officially a vapor nerd.

This post has been edited by Spock: Jan 2 2013, 10:32 PM

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 3 2013, 02:13 AM
My music goal is to write and have enough material for an EP by this time next year. Even if it's only 2 or 3 songs. Non musicall goals are just to be happier than I was last year.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2013, 04:19 AM
Instructor
Inspiring posts guys! It's very cool to read everybody's love for music and guitar. Thanks for sharing your goals here! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 3 2013, 09:39 AM
Instructor
biggrin.gif I started a thread with mine a few days ago: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47266

Hope the list isn't too big laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jan 3 2013, 11:40 AM
Need to improve my blues playing, so i could speed it up and incorporate it into cool light-speed heavy metal licks cool.gif

+Quote Post
Blackjack94
Jan 4 2013, 04:23 AM
Learning Rock Star
My goals for 2013 are:

-Practice all day (i love it) taking it very seriously without distractions (xbox) laugh.gif
-Improve my tapping and my control
-Try to learn some theory
-experiment with a 7 string guitar (i really want one!)

My goals are very simple, the hardest one is stop playing xbox...i waste a lot of time shooting people haha

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2013, 09:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Blackjack94 @ Jan 4 2013, 03:23 AM) *
My goals for 2013 are:

-Practice all day (i love it) taking it very seriously without distractions (xbox) laugh.gif

My goals are very simple, the hardest one is stop playing xbox...i waste a lot of time shooting people haha

Sell the Xbox and you are rid of all the problems smile.gif Or you could discipline yourself and play only 30 min of Xbox/ day. It's even better - it's also a form of practice - practicing balance, that is wink.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 4 2013, 11:28 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Keeping the studio open and independent is my main goal.
My second is seeing our trainee sound engineer finish here and hopefully move on to a placement at another studio to broaden her experience both in sound engineering
and also living in a different country as she wants to work outside of Spain.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2013, 02:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 3 2013, 05:39 AM) *
biggrin.gif I started a thread with mine a few days ago: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47266

Hope the list isn't too big laugh.gif laugh.gif

Man, that list many things that I would really like to do this year! It's great! smile.gif

QUOTE (Blackjack94 @ Jan 4 2013, 12:23 AM) *
My goals for 2013 are:

As Cosmin said, sell that xbox!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jan 4 2013, 07:28 AM) *
Keeping the studio open and independent is my main goal.
My second is seeing our trainee sound engineer finish here and hopefully move on to a placement at another studio to broaden her experience both in sound engineering
and also living in a different country as she wants to work outside of Spain.

I wish you all the best with your studio mate! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2013, 08:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 4 2013, 01:08 PM) *
Man, that list many things that I would really like to do this year! It's great! smile.gif

As Cosmin said, sell that xbox!! biggrin.gif

I wish you all the best with your studio mate! smile.gif

It's clear! If Gabe says the same thing - you have to get rid of it biggrin.gif You know, here in Romania we have a saying - 'If two people tell you that you are drunk, it means you really are' - extrapolating - If two people tell you to sell your x-box, what you have to do is quite clear biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2013, 09:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 4 2013, 04:13 PM) *
It's clear! If Gabe says the same thing - you have to get rid of it biggrin.gif You know, here in Romania we have a saying - 'If two people tell you that you are drunk, it means you really are' - extrapolating - If two people tell you to sell your x-box, what you have to do is quite clear biggrin.gif

hhehe good saying! I haven't bought one yet, but if you say that it's quitting you from the path, you have to do something! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2013, 01:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 4 2013, 08:42 PM) *
hhehe good saying! I haven't bought one yet, but if you say that it's quitting you from the path, you have to do something! smile.gif

Dunno man, I quit playing video games for good, back in 2002 I think smile.gif It seems a bit radical, but I somehow don't feel the need to do it and I certainly can't quite find the time either laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2013, 05:40 PM
Instructor
Re-activating this thread... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 29 2013, 05:42 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gab rolleyes.gif

Funny how my 2014 Goals are still very similar to 2013!!!!!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2013, 05:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 29 2013, 01:42 PM) *
Thanks Gab rolleyes.gif

Funny how my 2014 Goals are still very similar to 2013!!!!!

yeah. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Dec 29 2013, 05:54 PM
My goals for 2014 are to start gigging again in the local area, pick up keyboard again, and maybe start noodling around with drums. I will soon begin work on a free release album, but I need to complete my equipment rig with an electric bass, a better acoustic, a great set of monitors, and a good microphone for vocals and acoustic guitars. I'll probably be selling my yellow RG and my backpacker acoustic to facilitate this.

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jan 1 2014, 03:04 AM
My goal is restoring an old les paul style guitar i just bought...it's a one of a kind instrument build in 74 in Berlin.
hope i can pull it off by myself cause it needs lots of work!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:54 PM