Noskill's July Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Jul 5 2010, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Hello Tom,

We are continuing our work in July now! For your 1st assignment I have decided to assign you one of the Triads in a major scale lesson. Lets get to work straight away.

1st Assignment :
Triads in a major scale part 1 (root inversion)

- Check out Triads in a major scale part 1 lesson HERE
- Use backing track provided bellow to record it
- Upload your work on Youtube and embed it here!

Deadline for this assignment is 12th of July!
If you complete this assignment before the deadline I will give you 2nd assignment before the deadline!!!

Let me know if you got some questions,

Pedja

P.S. Optional thing, submit it for REC and including voting poll!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Jul 5 2010, 03:02 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  triads_in_a_major_scale_part_1.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 113

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
NoSkill
Jul 7 2010, 05:25 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Pedja,

What a terrific exercise. I learned a ton and had fun doing it. I think it is correct. As usual, I had more trouble recording it than playing it. I always seemed to do something funny near the beginning or the end of the take to ruin it. Anyway, I can post this to REC if it's correct.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 7 2010, 03:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
FYI, Pedja, I will be away from July 25 until August 7. I will work diligently to complete all July assignments before I go to minimize the disruption in the MTP cycle.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 8 2010, 12:05 AM
Instructor
Hi Tom,

Thank you for doing assignment before deadline. You did great! I will assign you remaining assignments in next couple of days since you will not be able to attend MTP from 25th of July. Hope you can complete all remaining 3 assignments by then !

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 8 2010, 03:11 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Pedja,

I got on a role with triads and working with root, first and second inversions so I recorded the 1st inversion lesson tonight. I hope it's satisfactory. If I'm getting ahead of myself, just let me know. I'm enjoying this material.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 8 2010, 12:40 PM
Instructor
Sounds great Tom! This was supposed to be 2nd assignment. 3rd assignment will be 2nd inversion and 4th lesson Triads in a song context. Lots of REC's for you this month smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 8 2010, 06:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Pedja,

I'm enjoying these lessons so I recorded second inversion lesson as well.

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 8 2010, 07:25 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom,

This one sounds good. You already did 3/4 of your monthly assignments smile.gif Try going for triads in a song context when you get the chance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 9 2010, 03:22 PM
Instructor
Tom here is a full update on your assignments in July:

- You already completed first 3 assignments which were triads in a major scale part 1 2 and 3
- You have Triads in a song context lesson left to do until 25th of July before you go away smile.gif
- If you finish that lesson before I will assign you some more chord assignments but this will not be for MTP but rather for your personal practice and improvement, in other words there won't be deadline for those things.

You started great in July, very happy with your progress. Look forward to your final assignment!

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 9 2010, 04:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Pedja, I am working on that last assignment. It's quite a nice piece to play. I will record it when it is clean. This is a great lesson series.

Tom

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 9 2010, 07:36 PM
Instructor
I really appreciate you going trough all of them Tom. Look forward to your final assignment smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 17 2010, 10:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Assignment #4 - Triads in a Song Context

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 19 2010, 01:20 PM
Instructor
Tom fantastic work! Love it man smile.gif
Your fingers are all over the place, I can see from this video smooth transitions. Very useful lesson for you I am sure smile.gif

In the meanwhile since we got 12 days left, try working on some more chords or record some solos over backing tracks (we can talk about structure, melody choice, rhythm, intro , endings, development etc).

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 19 2010, 02:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Sure thing, Pedja! Thanks! I leave for New York on Friday, but I'll try and do something in the next four days.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 19 2010, 02:52 PM
Instructor
You welcome Tom! As far as I am concerned you completed already MTP in July. If you find extra time focus on things we discussed above smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:38 AM