2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What To Get..., ...another topic!
kaznie_NL
Jul 19 2008, 07:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey GMC!!

I'm not realy into buying a new guitar, but I want to see what fits me! This is what I need in a guitar:
-Price between 200 and 300 euros. It's important that the price is not lower, because then there will be now quality difference between the guitar and my Richwood guitar (which is like squier quality).
-No Floyd Rose or other floating bridge, because of the trouble with restringing.
-Has to look good biggrin.gif No warlord type guitars for me, no Flying V's either.
-One or more humbuckers would be nice because now I only have singles. Best is with a switch to split the double coils in to singles.
-I don't care if it's a "second range" brands. I don't care if it's an unknown brand.

For and Amp:
-Just for practice at home
-below 200 euros
-better then my Kustom Arow 16 (16watt)
-effects isn't needed, I use a multiFX

I play all kind of genres, and that's also important for me. I realy don't want a guitar which is only good for metal. I like to play some tight metal riffing, but also nice calm blues.

Quit some things...Hit me!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 19 2008, 07:06 PM
GMC:er
Get tremol no, then you'll have no problem changing the strings on floyd rose biggrin.gif
Well, I dunno man. Maybe a squier strat?

And about the amp, I just tested my old Line 6 Spider 2 15w, and it blew my mind out. I wanna play it rather than my Marshall tube amp. It's very cheap!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 19 2008, 07:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
Take the amp and the guitar fund and put them together. Buying a guitar below 500 euros would make almost no noticable diffrence to your current guitar, the same goes for an amp below 200 euros.

-For 500 euros you can get a nice Epiphone Les Paul Standard: Humbuckers, no trem, versitaile from blues to metal/rock...and you'll have killer looks

-Or you spend all you money on a quality amp like a 100w solidstate combo (hughes and kettner attax)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 19 2008, 07:26 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jul 19 2008, 08:20 PM) *
Take the amp and the guitar fund and put them together. Buying a guitar below 500 euros would make almost no noticable diffrence to your current guitar, the same goes for an amp below 200 euros.

-For 500 euros you can get a nice Epiphone Les Paul Standard: Humbuckers, no trem, versitaile from blues to metal/rock...and you'll have killer looks

-Or you spend all you money on a quality amp like a 100w solidstate combo (hughes and kettner attax)

Honestly, unless I had the money for a tubeamp, I'd go with a PODxt or something. ALOT of sound for money.

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 19 2008, 08:21 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Jul 19 2008, 08:26 PM) *
Honestly, unless I had the money for a tubeamp, I'd go with a PODxt or something. ALOT of sound for money.

Yes, that's what I would do smile.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 20 2008, 06:04 PM
Instructor
I have a Peavey Generation EXP with ACM guitar, and it is great for the money. CHeck it out.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 20 2008, 09:02 PM
I would recommend AXL guitars man.

The badwater is really nice. I tried it out on my local guitar store, and it feels great. Tone is fantastic, its in H-S-S form, and its also EMG which will give you whole lot better and sharper tone.

http://www.axlguitars.com/guitars1.html

This post has been edited by VinceG: Jul 20 2008, 09:03 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 20 2008, 10:03 PM
Instructor
Epiphone gets my vote here. Good quality guitars for a low price.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 20 2008, 10:19 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Cort KX looks nice since it has string through body. Same goes for the Schecter Diamond for 307 Euro at Thomann.de

Also from Thomann you can get the Blackheart Killer Ant for 122 E or the little giant for 155 E and a low budget 1x12 cabinet for 60 E to fit your budget.

Cool guitar and a tube amp head + cabinet for 489 up to 522 Euro depending on which head you go for. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 20 2008, 10:21 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 20 2008, 07:04 PM) *
I have a Peavey Generation EXP with ACM guitar, and it is great for the money. CHeck it out.

I would definitely recommend this and similar guitars from Peavey...I found that peavey offers great quality/price ratio.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 21 2008, 10:27 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (VinceG @ Jul 20 2008, 10:02 PM) *
I would recommend AXL guitars man.

The badwater is really nice. I tried it out on my local guitar store, and it feels great. Tone is fantastic, its in H-S-S form, and its also EMG which will give you whole lot better and sharper tone.

http://www.axlguitars.com/guitars1.html

that one's nice... and not expensive, although I don't know whether it's better then what I have now.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
stickyfingers
Jul 21 2008, 12:41 PM
i'd also consider ebay - you might get a cheap shot at a used guitar. look out for used ibanez RGs (w trem), RGTs, SZs (/wo trem), much quality here for a reasonable price.

This post has been edited by stickyfingers: Jul 21 2008, 12:46 PM

--------------------
Equip:
Ibanez RG 570
Ibanez RG 547
Boss GT-10
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Ibanez WD7
Fender Deluxe 112 Reverb

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 27 2008, 05:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ok I found that searching on Thomann with an ibanez filter gave some nice results. quit some guitars in a nice price range. Here's my comparison chart. http://www.thomann.de/nl/search.html?xsid=...amp;chk61548=on

I had some more, but I got rid of them for to cheap, to expensive or with floating bridge. Which one would you choose, also considering the money? I like the colour of the SA160, but maybe they also have different colours in different shops. The SA120 has a bad colour... but same as for the SA160. Also it has an option to use one of the humbuckers paralel, what does that do? The RG seems to be the best on quality, with better pickups, but maybe it's not so versitile anymore, and it costs some more?

I realy want to keep it versatile, that's important for me. You advice won't decide, but maybe give me some more help if I find myself in a store playing these thing tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 27 2008, 05:26 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jul 27 2008, 06:05 PM) *
Ok I found that searching on Thomann with an ibanez filter gave some nice results. quit some guitars in a nice price range. Here's my comparison chart. http://www.thomann.de/nl/search.html?xsid=...amp;chk61548=on

I had some more, but I got rid of them for to cheap, to expensive or with floating bridge. Which one would you choose, also considering the money? I like the colour of the SA160, but maybe they also have different colours in different shops. The SA120 has a bad colour... but same as for the SA160. Also it has an option to use one of the humbuckers paralel, what does that do? The RG seems to be the best on quality, with better pickups, but maybe it's not so versitile anymore, and it costs some more?

I realy want to keep it versatile, that's important for me. You advice won't decide, but maybe give me some more help if I find myself in a store playing these thing tongue.gif

Out of those three I like the RG the most, looks cool smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jul 27 2008, 05:36 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
as a guitar I would definitely go for Epiphone then, for amps... I am not sure, maybe a Pod or something like that.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jul 28 2008, 12:56 AM
Instructor
Get a used carvin bolt you can get them in E-bay from 300-400 american dollars, except from the pickup (the stock pickups have a different sound that is ot but but I find them weird), they are way better then a standar Fander Usa.
You can also try for a 80´s Japan Fender Strat or go for some schecter or cort.
For amps you can try a used valve amp that has less than 30w for this price, and you will have to search a lot.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 28 2008, 02:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
What do you think about This? Is it good for the price?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 28 2008, 02:44 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jul 28 2008, 03:27 PM) *
What do you think about This? Is it good for the price?

No inlays? I'd never be able to play a guitar where the dots are missing laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 28 2008, 02:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 28 2008, 03:44 PM) *
No inlays? I'd never be able to play a guitar where the dots are missing laugh.gif

Lol, I didn't even see that. Maybe it has dots on the side of the neck? laugh.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Jul 28 2008, 04:32 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jul 28 2008, 03:48 PM) *
Lol, I didn't even see that. Maybe it has dots on the side of the neck? laugh.gif

It has. And it is a beautiful and very good guitar (almost bought it myself, but my bank account didn't allow me tongue.gif )

But I would first check out a guitar before you buy them, because finding the right guitar is very personal.

This post has been edited by JeroenKole: Jul 28 2008, 04:32 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:58 PM