What Happened To Me Today At Work, Thought It Was Kind Of Cool
skennington
Jul 26 2008, 12:21 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thought I'd share my little experience with you guys. For those that don't know, I run a specialty packaging and shipping business here in Charlotte,NC. We ship lot's of hard to ship items and most are quite expensive, that sort of thing......

So I'm sitting at my desk when a couple walks in and says they have some musical gear they need to ship befor they get on their flight. At this time I had no idea who they were and still did'nt until they left. Anyway, the young lady is an up and coming star named Hilary McRae along with her guitarist. Not realy my sort of music and probably not most of yours as well but still i thought it was pretty cool!

I've included a youtube link of her when she did a morning show back in May

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgzCP7GDVsA

Heres a few pic's of the gear!

The Bugera all tube combo sounded pretty sweet! unsure.gif Could'nt resist.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swingline
Jul 26 2008, 12:25 AM
GMC:er
I don't really know who she is but handling any professional musician's gear is awesome. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 26 2008, 12:29 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
That must have been cool. smile.gif What does it say on the amp is it "Bugesa"?

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 26 2008, 12:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
Heh, that's cool ^^
Not exactly my type of music, but it sounded good ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 26 2008, 12:37 AM
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jul 25 2008, 07:29 PM) *
That must have been cool. smile.gif What does it say on the amp is it "Bugesa"?

It's a Bugera 333XL. I was surprised at the price for this little monster. 120w Valve Combo

Bugera 333 XL

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 26 2008, 01:44 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Cool stuff!, and probably a good idea to have it proffessionally packed and shipped before getting on the plane!, I wish I could do that with my guitar when I travel but I bet it's a pretty expensive service wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 26 2008, 01:49 AM
Instructor
Did you open that LP case? biggrin.gif

BTW,Bugera is new division of Behringer,
that's why it ain't expensive much. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 26 2008, 01:57 AM
QUOTE (Fran @ Jul 25 2008, 08:44 PM) *
Cool stuff!, and probably a good idea to have it proffessionally packed and shipped before getting on the plane!, I wish I could do that with my guitar when I travel but I bet it's a pretty expensive service wink.gif

Your right Fran, our services can get expensive, but not your typical packaging. smile.gif

QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jul 25 2008, 08:49 PM) *
Did you open that LP case? biggrin.gif

BTW,Bugera is new division of Behringer,
that's why it ain't expensive much. wink.gif

I could'nt resist Muris. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 26 2008, 10:11 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
laugh.gif and how good of you to make sure everything worked before putting in on the plane. That's customer service!! biggrin.gif

Bugera is what Muris said, plus all their models are ripoffs of Peavey tube amps (5150, 5150II, XXX and JSX)

+Quote Post
Rooks
Jul 26 2008, 10:46 AM
Haha, I get these wierd pictures in my head... How funny would it have been if you were jamming on their amp and checking out their LP, If they'd forgot something and came back discovering you rocking out happy.gif hehe.. Cool moment at work anyway biggrin.gif

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 26 2008, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Nice gear man, I wouldn't mind trying out a little of that combo either smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jul 26 2008, 02:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 26 2008, 03:45 PM) *
Nice gear man, I wouldn't mind trying out a little of that combo either smile.gif

And All the other gears biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 26 2008, 04:11 PM
QUOTE (Rooks @ Jul 26 2008, 05:46 AM) *
Haha, I get these wierd pictures in my head... How funny would it have been if you were jamming on their amp and checking out their LP, If they'd forgot something and came back discovering you rocking out happy.gif hehe.. Cool moment at work anyway biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Yeah, I had the same thought's. Needless to say, it was very brief. They were aware that I needed to inspect the condition of things befor they ship so I could have just chalked it up to a good old thorough inspection. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jul 26 2008, 04:33 PM
sweeet: smile.gif lol

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 26 2008, 08:36 PM
I don't want to be rude or anything, but this really made me even more sceptical to checking in stuff when flying. Worst part about it is that I have to check in my guitar in a week. Luckily I'm no star and my guitar is crap, but it just made loose some more faith. Is this something that you do often, open up people stuff and play around with it?

EDIT: with "you" I don't mean you as a person but you as people who work with luggage thingys on airports.

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Jul 26 2008, 08:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 26 2008, 09:09 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jul 26 2008, 03:36 PM) *
I don't want to be rude or anything, but this really made me even more sceptical to checking in stuff when flying. Worst part about it is that I have to check in my guitar in a week. Luckily I'm no star and my guitar is crap, but it just made loose some more faith. Is this something that you do often, open up people stuff and play around with it?

EDIT: with "you" I don't mean you as a person but you as people who work with luggage thingys on airports.

I think you kinda got me wrong here. I don't pack anything for the airlines. I run a custom packaging and shipping business. The artist left there items with me to pack and ship to there hometowns due to the fact that they can't check them in on an airline.

In order to fully insure an item, I need to know that it is in working order and is truley what the owner represent's it to be. Let's say the guy walks in and tells me that the guitar is an original 56' LP or something along those lines when really it's a 200.00 copy and want's to insure for 10,000. If I don't check it out, and he files a claim, I'm on the hook!

I frequently ship paintings in excess of 200,000, the most being worth 1.5 million, so yes, I do thoroughly inspect everything of high value. I treat every item as if it were my own as do all of my employee's. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 26 2008, 09:20 PM
Oh ok, I definetly got you wrong then. I just got a bit worried. But then I see, and I guess you're a lucky guy then biggrin.gif

Sorry for that missunderstanding.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 26 2008, 09:37 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jul 26 2008, 04:20 PM) *
Oh ok, I definetly got you wrong then. I just got a bit worried. But then I see, and I guess you're a lucky guy then biggrin.gif

Sorry for that missunderstanding.

No problem, You have every right to be nervous when trusting someone else with your property. I strongly suggest that if ever you don't feel comfortable with the people you are leaving it with, then don't. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:56 PM