Reaper Question
jstcrsn
Jul 18 2021, 11:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
Does anyone know How I can listen to what I just recorded without saving it.. As of now I have to save it , listen to it , remove it, then clean current batch and then I can record my next take and so on and on

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 19 2021, 12:30 AM
Learning Roadie
Well there is a setting under Preferences > Audio > Recording:
Prompt to save/delete/rename new files: on stop / on punch-out/play.

With those boxes unchecked it will just autosave for you without a prompt. I prefer the prompt in case I obviously botch a take and it will keep my files from becoming bloated. (Although I may be throwing away gold - maybe I'll change my workflow).

Not sure if that's what you mean. It will still save the file to your project file folder. It's because it records non-destructively - meaning it doesn't get rid of the file in the folder once you record it and save it. I'm not aware of a setting which holds the file you recorded in a cache for you to listen first before saving. If there is one - I'm totally unaware - not even sure if that's necessarily possible - maybe. Would be cool if so.

I tend to create a project and save it in its own subdirectory (a checkbox you can check off when saving the project for the first time - or saving as.) That way all those files I record are at least going into a nice folder where I will never see them. But inevitably I know I'm saving off lots of files I may not ever listen to or it even be part of the project in the end. sleep.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 19 2021, 02:20 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 19 2021, 12:30 AM) *
Well there is a setting under Preferences > Audio > Recording:
Prompt to save/delete/rename new files: on stop / on punch-out/play.

With those boxes unchecked it will just autosave for you without a prompt. I prefer the prompt in case I obviously botch a take and it will keep my files from becoming bloated. (Although I may be throwing away gold - maybe I'll change my workflow).

Not sure if that's what you mean. It will still save the file to your project file folder. It's because it records non-destructively - meaning it doesn't get rid of the file in the folder once you record it and save it. I'm not aware of a setting which holds the file you recorded in a cache for you to listen first before saving. If there is one - I'm totally unaware - not even sure if that's necessarily possible - maybe. Would be cool if so.

I tend to create a project and save it in its own subdirectory (a checkbox you can check off when saving the project for the first time - or saving as.) That way all those files I record are at least going into a nice folder where I will never see them. But inevitably I know I'm saving off lots of files I may not ever listen to or it even be part of the project in the end. sleep.gif

I have it set for the prompt as to not save garbage as well , it is just the time I spend 'saving as' so I can find it to delete it after I listen to it before my next take , I was trying to see if I could save some time

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 19 2021, 11:01 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think if you click on the waveform and press CTRL DELETE it will remove from your project folder too so that you don't have to go looking for it.

I can't fully remember but I think I have mine set so that if I delete the waveform it deletes from the project folder without having to hold down CTRL.

I'm not at my computer now but there are a load of actions that can be assigned to keys of your choice. It's been so long since I set mine up I can't remember most of what I did but it's in there somewhere.

Sorry for being so vague but I hope it helps.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 19 2021, 11:09 AM
GMC:er
Not really sure if I understand the question but open reaper (no project just the program) ,file , clean current project directory. It deletes any unused .wav in the computer.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:44 PM