3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Paul Gilbert Vip, Anyone been to any of these yet?
Fsgdjv
Sep 30 2008, 11:20 AM
GMC:er
I've seen that quite a few GMCers are going to the Paul Gilbert gigs in europe with VIP tickets (wich includes a one hour guitar lesson for 6 persons), and I'm basically wondering if anyone has been to any of these yet? I'm going tomorrow, and I'm kind of nervous (read: insanely nervous), so I was only wondering if anyone here had been to any yet so they could tell me what to expect. I read on the Racer X-forum that it would be jamming and stuff like that, and I wouldn't mind hearing someones more personal story here.

So yeah, that's basically what I'm wondering, because I am so nervous it's insane. (nervous in a good way though biggrin.gif )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 30 2008, 11:24 AM
Someone actually mentioned about jamming with Paul Gilbert in the jamming for the first time thread. Check that thread out and have fun. I'm sure you'll have a great time smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 30 2008, 11:42 AM
Instructor
I will see him live soon in London Astoria.

No VIP for me sad.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 30 2008, 12:06 PM
Instructor
I don't think you need to be nervous. Paul seems to be a really nice down to earth guy, and I'm sure you'll have a great time jamming with him smile.gif

Hey, let us know tomorrow how it went! biggrin.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Sep 30 2008, 01:30 PM
Learn a funny song of his like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIzmmSSqZzQ
(which is an awesome some BTW and easy to play) and impress him!
Paul Gilbert seems pretty cool - Don't be nervous otherwise you won't be able to play as well! Relax and realize how lucky you are to get to jam with him, make it worth it dude!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 30 2008, 01:44 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I'm going in November! I wouldnt mind knowing what to work on in advance so i don't look terrible tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Sep 30 2008, 01:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
ASK HIM IF HE WANTS TO DO LESSONS FOR GMC! SHOW HIM THE HOMEPAGE AND TELL HIM ABOUT IT!

He seems like the guy who would enjoy doing these lessons and it would be awesome to do have him as an instructor...

So every other member who's having VIP tickets should also tell him about this site, that'll get him interested for sure if several people tell him about this site and once he visitied GMC he can't get back^^

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 30 2008, 02:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Sep 30 2008, 02:48 PM) *
ASK HIM IF HE WANTS TO DO LESSONS FOR GMC! SHOW HIM THE HOMEPAGE AND TELL HIM ABOUT IT!

+1
Now that would have been really really awesome!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Sep 30 2008, 02:41 PM
YEAH DUDE! GMC lessons! I tell everyone I know about GMC... if we had Paul oh my god.... haha I'd have to quit my job to play full time!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 30 2008, 02:59 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Yeah Oxac mentioned he went for one of these sessions the other day (check the thread from Chief Brody about jamming with others). Paul Gilbert is performing in Stockholm in a couple days, saw the posters all over town sunday when I was out.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 30 2008, 03:00 PM
Paul Gilbert teaching here would be phenomenal

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Sep 30 2008, 03:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I went to see him last week, and I must say the concert was really impressive! Something to look forward to smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Oxac
Sep 30 2008, 04:21 PM
Paul is playing tomorrow and I'm going there as VIP (were VIP in Svendborg too). It's going to be awesome. I was really nervous the last time but I think that I shouldn't, I mean... Paul is probably one of the coolest most down to earth successfull guitarists ever to walk the planet bob. Don't go there with the goal to impress him, go there with the goal to have a great time. He just picks a key and a tempo and the intention is to have fun with it, no chord progression etc.

He also set aside time for questions and to teach you some awesome licks, I'm trying to practise the one he showed me so I can jam with it tomorrow.

Just so you know. Everyone can be a guitar hero in their own bedroom, but when playing infront of/with P G... It's so much harder because of nervousity and doing things you might not be used to. Just do it to have a good time and try to pick up as many licks and phrases as possible. Also start thinking about things you want to ask him right now. When I went last time there was a guy who had no questions. Paul showed him a couple of licks instead but I dunno. I would prefer to ask him things, licks is relatively easy to pick up from DVD's and CD's. But getting an explaination of WHY he does that or how it's done. Perhaps what inspired him to come up with a certain lick. Things he would reccommend you to check out to become a better player. Is in my opinion much more usefull.

C ya there, remember. You're not doing this to show off your mad skillz infront of PG, I mean... He outplays everyone (imo at least). You're there to have a good time and to LEARN!!! So... drop the whole nervousity thing (I know, it's hard but breathing calmly helps). Make sure that you look up the major pentatonic and minor pentatonic shapes. Set your metronome at a really slow speed and jam to it, set it to a pretty fast speed and jam to it and you should be prepared enough.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Sep 30 2008, 04:53 PM
QUOTE (Oxac @ Sep 30 2008, 05:21 PM) *
Paul is playing tomorrow and I'm going there as VIP (were VIP in Svendborg too). It's going to be awesome. I was really nervous the last time but I think that I shouldn't, I mean... Paul is probably one of the coolest most down to earth successfull guitarists ever to walk the planet bob. Don't go there with the goal to impress him, go there with the goal to have a great time. He just picks a key and a tempo and the intention is to have fun with it, no chord progression etc.

He also set aside time for questions and to teach you some awesome licks, I'm trying to practise the one he showed me so I can jam with it tomorrow.

Just so you know. Everyone can be a guitar hero in their own bedroom, but when playing infront of/with P G... It's so much harder because of nervousity and doing things you might not be used to. Just do it to have a good time and try to pick up as many licks and phrases as possible. Also start thinking about things you want to ask him right now. When I went last time there was a guy who had no questions. Paul showed him a couple of licks instead but I dunno. I would prefer to ask him things, licks is relatively easy to pick up from DVD's and CD's. But getting an explaination of WHY he does that or how it's done. Perhaps what inspired him to come up with a certain lick. Things he would reccommend you to check out to become a better player. Is in my opinion much more usefull.

C ya there, remember. You're not doing this to show off your mad skillz infront of PG, I mean... He outplays everyone (imo at least). You're there to have a good time and to LEARN!!! So... drop the whole nervousity thing (I know, it's hard but breathing calmly helps). Make sure that you look up the major pentatonic and minor pentatonic shapes. Set your metronome at a really slow speed and jam to it, set it to a pretty fast speed and jam to it and you should be prepared enough.

Yeah, ofc I know I won't impress him or anything haha, I just don't want to embarass myself laugh.gif But thanks for the explanation, and really cool to know some other GMCer is going aswell. Anyways, see you there tomorrow, I know it's going to be awesome.

EDIT: Also, how do you look? I need to be able to recognise and have a few words with my fellow GMC'er there, seeing at it will only be 6 persons. I look like my profile picture does at least, I'm really small etc.

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Sep 30 2008, 04:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxac
Sep 30 2008, 05:33 PM
Don't look at my avatar, it's pretty misguiding. I'm slightly above average length, blonde, haven't had the pleasure to meet a barber in a while. Pretty friendly looking. I also wear glasses.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 30 2008, 05:36 PM
Instructor
Post some pictures with Paul.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Oxac
Sep 30 2008, 06:16 PM
I'd love to but I don't own a camera...

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Sep 30 2008, 06:20 PM
Can you get his number for me? smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Sep 30 2008, 09:05 PM
Instructor
Awesome guys, good luck, take pictures, or something.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 30 2008, 09:15 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Ill post an audio recording of my lesson (as long as i dont embarass myself- ill keep it for my archives that way tongue.gif )

I will most definitely tell him about GMC!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:49 PM