3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
30 Seconds Solo Competition!, First GMC Guitar Competition!
Iluha
Jan 10 2008, 06:53 PM
GMC:er
So Kris wants to see if Competitions will be a good thing, I'm sure it will so help me proove it!

For a first competition, I want it to be just the same as that Vai competition in which Muris and Walliman took part in!

Basicly, just write a solo(backing optional) which has to be 30 seconds, but I don't want to be to strict it so let's use the 30 seconds limit like a speed limit, a minimum of 25 seconds and a maximum of 35, and post it here smile.gif

Since this is the first competition everyone can enter!

The competition will be running for the next 2 weeks, and than we'll start the voting smile.gif so have fun with it guys and help me show competitions are fun and great!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 10 2008, 06:55 PM
Cool, I'm in. Do we make the backings ourself?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 10 2008, 07:14 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Jan 10 2008, 07:55 PM) *
Cool, I'm in. Do we make the backings ourself?

Yup, and as I said it's only optional, so you can just solo like you would in a guitar shop smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 10 2008, 07:21 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I Might give this a shot.

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 10 2008, 07:25 PM
If I make a kind of backing track in guitar pro, improvise on it, and record it low quality with my digital camera. Will that also count?

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 10 2008, 07:30 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Jan 10 2008, 08:25 PM) *
If I make a kind of backing track in guitar pro, improvise on it, and record it low quality with my digital camera. Will that also count?

Anything goes in this first competition smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 10 2008, 07:41 PM
Ok I'm in tongue.gif
I actually never wrote a solo, but my first solo will be good xD
The past year I only practiced techniques, I wonder what ill be able to make :S

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jan 10 2008, 08:46 PM
i dont have any programs to make a backing track

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 10 2008, 08:56 PM
I'm getting my new Toneport UX2 through in a few days so I will record something even if I do suck biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 10 2008, 09:10 PM
Instructor
Great idea!!!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 10 2008, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I think a will give it a try because i have nver written anythning so it will be a good practice

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 10 2008, 10:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
Id like to give this a try

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 10 2008, 10:17 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Just as a thought, I think this is a great idea by the way, but been sitting here thinking about it, wouldnt it be better to uniform the solo`s so theres something concrete for people to judge?

for example : as the first competition you could take the pentatonic scale in the key of A and create the best solo you can from that, I`m just thinking of the voteing side of things, "who did the best with the material supplied" sort of thing? plus everyone entering would know what to aim at?

Just trying to think of a structure for the competition, thats all, and throwing in to help your idea smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 10 2008, 10:21 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 10 2008, 11:17 PM) *
Just as a thought, I think this is a great idea by the way, but been sitting here thinking about it, wouldnt it be better to uniform the solo`s so theres something concrete for people to judge?

for example : as the first competition you could take the pentatonic scale in the key of A and create the best solo you can from that, I`m just thinking of the voteing side of things, "who did the best with the material supplied" sort of thing? plus everyone entering would know what to aim at?

Just trying to think of a structure for the competition, thats all, and throwing in to help your idea smile.gif

I did think of that, but than I thought that this is basicly a demo competition, and if it will go well there will be ALOT more competitions, so I thought that as a demo it should be preety open, so I think not having any limitation except for duration is best.

But hey if enough people think it would be better with a key limitation, I'll throw it in smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 10 2008, 10:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Iluha,

Cool Idea. Im in.

Should be in the style of Steve Vai or can be whatever style we want?

Congrats Iluha.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 10 2008, 10:44 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 10 2008, 11:41 PM) *
Hi Iluha,

Cool Idea. Im in.

Should be in the style of Steve Vai or can be whatever style we want?

Congrats Iluha.

Anything you want smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 10 2008, 11:20 PM
id like to give this a try, but its gonna take a while if i need to do the backing, but thats ok.

But something tells me that speed is going to count alot here, i can speedpick but its hard for me to fit those fast licks and make them sound good and in key. Anyways, ill think about it...

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Jan 10 2008, 11:29 PM
I wanna try! Is there a prize!!! ? biggrin.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 10 2008, 11:30 PM
Instructor
Great idea Iluha!! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 10 2008, 11:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi again,

Should we upload a video or an audio file?

Thanks Iluha.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:41 AM