Calises..., How long?
Capt.Z
Mar 25 2008, 01:58 AM
GMC:er
Ive been playing guitar for like 3 months now, and i just started
getting calises... i dont know if thats really fast or slower than most.

How long did it take for u to get calises? blink.gif
I need to know some more bout this, couse
i know nothing about calises...

huh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 25 2008, 02:04 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well they are developing all the time! The more you play the stronger they get...I remember getting them over similar period of time , even longer smile.gif At that time I was worried about loosing the touch sense on my fingers laugh.gif
Even Now when I make a pause in playing for some days/weeks I get blisters when I get back wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 25 2008, 08:54 AM
Lets go fishing!
Well the first 4 months for me my finger tips were so sore it made me feel like giving up ohmy.gif Skin just kept shredding of my finger tips over and over - but id say by around 6 months they started to build up properly smile.gif

Sounds like your earning them already wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 25 2008, 09:07 AM
In the world of me I cant remember when I got those in the first place, but I have an additional question... how long do they last before you they get sore again and how long to recover back? to me about 2 weeks and they start to wear off and about 2 days and there back stronger than ever!

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Mar 25 2008, 09:59 AM
Instructor
Tuubsu - It depends on regeneration of your skin, and the thickness of strings as well smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Mar 25 2008, 10:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dejan @ Mar 25 2008, 09:59 AM) *
Tuubsu - It depends on regeneration of your skin, and the thickness of strings as well smile.gif

+1

anyway me took more than six months if a remember well biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 25 2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah, well of course, but what I meant was how long does it take with YOU?

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Mar 25 2008, 10:23 AM
Instructor
I really don't remember when was the last time I had problems with it unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 25 2008, 01:28 PM
Instructor
Nothing to worry about, they will dry out soon and you can get back to practicing. Don't practice until your fingers harden, and don't make big pauses because they will reappear.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:40 PM